Group project: Visiting each others dreams

Hey everyone, because the eye suggested it, I thought maybe we could make an ongoing project of this where we have the participating members visit each others dreams and interact with one another.

personal guidlines

If you have any issues we should be aware of, list them, here’s mine. I tend to lose my common sense when I project and when I dream. If you think it’ll be funny to sneak up on me and take me by surprise something bad could happen, so for your own safety I would advise against doing that.

I personally have not tried going into the dreams of someone who I don’t know the face of so this may be an opportunity to see if this works, in theory it should as I have been able to home in on entities I don’t know the appearance of, but we’ll see.

I do have more important things to take care of in the astral so if someone wants me to visit their dreams I’l get to it when I get to it. If anyone wants to visit me you may do so as long as you don’t do anything stupid like the above example I mentioned. Also this is a group topic so feel free to visit each others dreams if you are inclined to do so. As always I think common sense should be observed so don’t go pulling a freddy krugar if you don’t want to get your ass kicked.

This is a volunteer thing, correct?

Thats right

First thing to remember about shared dreaming is that it does not occur in a shared dream space, each dreamer is in their own unique dream. There are plenty of shared dream accounts online from both parties, and the fact that each dreamer experiences their own unique version of the dream is evident in all of them.

It’s like asking two different people to draw the same thing. There is always differences. These differences are of a personal nature. For instance, in a shared dream account I read involving a father and son, they went to a restaurant. For the father, they went to a Denny’s but in the son’s version, they went to a Wendy’s. Everything else in the dream pretty much the same. These differences that arise are archetypal in nature, different, yet essentially the same thing.

As how to find someone, that’s tricky. For me it’s the same as how I can target someone from their avatar, username, belongings, someone they’ve met. The associations are all there, you just have to send your attention down the right ones. There’s no specific methods that work for everyone, although portals seem to be popular and reasonably effective.

Another option would be to have people meet up at a specific location. I’ve seen this tried several times over the years, meet up at the giza pyramids, the Lucid Cross roads, and many others. All of them were abysmal failures except one, where we met on the moon.

One of the deciding factors of the moon project may have been WakingNomad, who is a living legend when it comes to shared dreaming. I think the real reason the moon worked as a meeting place is because it was so barren. Dreams follow your focused attention, and there is nothing else on the moon to distract that attention from the other people there. That barren landscape draws all the dreamers together, because other dreamers are the only thing there to focus on.

If you’re looking for a group meeting spot, I highly suggest the moon. Lucidity can be elusive, so with a location like the moon, you can use dream incubation to get there.

BTW, flying directly to the moon is doomed to fail. In space you have no reference points, and you can only have movement in relation to something else. It messes up your height/speed ratio.

You don’t really need permission, but my dreams are open to anyone who wants to come pay me a visit. I’m also open to anyone who wants to throw down. Come at me bro!

If anyone wants to fight, since we can beat on each other all night long, I propose a win condition. First one to wake the other one up wins. Or at least when I get sick of looking at you, that’s what’s going to happen, lol. HINT: The death archetype is notoriously unstable and ill defined, so killing someone is akin to having their computer call a subroutine that isn’t there, returning an error and crashing the dream. Disorienting them will also destabilize your opponent’s dream.

I won’t do any lasting harm. Just be warned, I’m really fucking good when it comes to dream combat. I won’t wake you up right away, I’ll toy with you first. Frankly, I think I would own EA, and he’s welcome to prove me wrong any time.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:4, topic:2863”]First thing to remember about shared dreaming is that it does not occur in a shared dream space, each dreamer is in their own unique dream. There are plenty of shared dream accounts online from both parties, and the fact that each dreamer experiences their own unique version of the dream is evident in all of them.

It’s like asking two different people to draw the same thing. There is always differences. These differences are of a personal nature. For instance, in a shared dream account I read involving a father and son, they went to a restaurant. For the father, they went to a Denny’s but in the son’s version, they went to a Wendy’s. Everything else in the dream pretty much the same. These differences that arise are archetypal in nature, different, yet essentially the same thing.[/quote]

I can confirm this, what you have to remember is your both interpreting the same data, but there will be variations between how two peoples minds work.

defectron: you’re welcome to come find me in dreaming. :slight_smile: i think you have the resources to do it, so hit me up. if you need extra materials for contact, like a picture, let me know.

anyone else is welcome, too, though i haven’t had as much contact with most of you so i’m not sure how easy of a time you’ll have.

And now redcircle is back?!

What is with these past what, one, two weeks? Maybe three?

Damn bodomite, you sure attract a crowd.

Alright, when I get around to doing this I’ll probably hit redcircle up first since I have had more interactions with him.

Not all the same data is shared. There could be only a small number of shared elements, as with Dream Meshing. This is common among groups who share dream journals, they begin dreaming of the same themes and elements. Not full on shared dreams, but a synching up. Like the Cheese man from that episode of Buffy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnV5Yup9JoE

The thing to remember is you are always in your own dream, and you are always in complete control of your own dream. That means the only way you can get hurt is to hurt yourself. That’s a lot easier to do than you might think.

In dreams, everything requires your attention to exist. That includes pain and injury. If I can ignore your attacks, they are ineffective. The trick then, is to attack in a manner that can’t be ignored. Something that catches your opponent’s attention, thereby making it real for them in their dream, and capable of effecting them. Swarms seem effective in that regard.

Something dangerous naturally draws an inordinate amount of attention. In a dream, the more attention your give it, the stronger it gets, in turn demanding more attention… a vicious cycle, which is the basic structure of ALL nightmares.

If you go into a dream fight thinking it’s all about fireballs and lightning bolts, you’ve already lost. The real battleground is a duel of focused attention using chaos magic in it’s truest form.

@Defectron&Redcircle, keep us posted guys.

It’s good to have that thread open but it’s better to also have results :slight_smile:

GL !

If anyone came calling the past couple of nights, sorry but I barely slept and had crap recall.

First night there was a ghost hounding me, which would be a good way to approach someone in a dream, as it limits the possibilities of what they can do to you. Although you’d also limit your own interactions with the environment.

There was something last night that could have been someone, but I was rudely woken up and lost all memory of my dreams.

Havent had the chance to do this yet myself, though it is possible someone tried contacting me and I just didnt recognize it.

If you guys are just looking to experience shared dreaming, I could ask WakingNomad to get involved. If shared dreaming was like trying to get laid, that would make WakingNomad a huge slut. So slutty it’s almost a sure thing!

Oh I want to visit lady Eva’s dreams if it is okay, i volunteer =D ehehehe

I’m not sure why people keep taking this thread to be a Dream Fight Club, but that wasn’t my intention. In fact, I discourage it and I think you’ll probably have a bad time all around if that is your intent.

People are welcome to try to visit me, and if defectron and I have success, I’m sure we’ll give write-ups. I’ve learned some cool things in dreaming and am always happy to teach them to others.

I don’t know WakingNomad, but I’d be interested to visit or hear techniques.

[quote=“redcircle, post:15, topic:2863”]I’m not sure why people keep taking this thread to be a Dream Fight Club, but that wasn’t my intention. In fact, I discourage it and I think you’ll probably have a bad time all around if that is your intent.

People are welcome to try to visit me, and if defectron and I have success, I’m sure we’ll give write-ups. I’ve learned some cool things in dreaming and am always happy to teach them to others.

I don’t know WakingNomad, but I’d be interested to visit or hear techniques.[/quote]

I agree, seriously if anyone tried to pick a dream fight with me, you would probably have some serious problems. I havent had a chance to do this yet as I have only had a couple chances to project since making this and those few times I had I was more focused on more important matters. Sooner or later I’ll get a chance though. But once more anyone who wants to can come visit me, though if your going to try to make a dream fight …well yeah that might not be a good idea.

Violence is only a small part of dream combat. If that’s the only trick in your bag, you’re in trouble. I use the term dream combat to describe the interaction between two people in a dream. In that context, it’s easier to point out the specifics of how dream control works in a shared situation. Besides, it’s mostly harmless, more annoying than anything.

Possible contact with someone last night:

[i]"Last night, in my dream I remember handling a bunch of strangely shaped metal screw tops, talking to someone. I relate my version of the dream I’m experiencing, and another dreamer speaks up and confirms he’s experienced the same dream that I have.

Then there was some landscaping of the house we were standing outside of, big swaths of land removed until the house was surrounded by water. I look closer and the house is partially under water."[/i]

That was likely just incubation, but you never know. It’s good news though, it means this thread has taken ahold in my subconscious, and I’m in a good position to do some real shared dreaming!

Sorry, but I don’t know the people on this forum that well yet, so it will be hard for me to recognize them in a dream. I’m just starting to recognize usernames now, but have not yet associated personalities with them in my memories. If you do come find me, do something crazy, interesting or novel so I will remember you. In fact that’s good advice for any shared dream attempt, since the majority of dreams are forgotten.

Ensuring recall
There is nothing more annoying then putting a shit load of effort into actually finding the person you want to meet in a dream, only to have them not remember the dream. After what I thought could have been a successful attempt, I rushed to my target’s dream journal on to see she had written “I woke up with the feeling I forgot a really important lucid dream last night”.

To get around this and ensure recall, I started waking people up once I’m done dream sharing with them. My preferred method is to stand beside you, stick out one of my legs in front of yours, then push your back and trip you. I then push on you as hard as I can while you fall, driving face first into the ground as hard as I can.

Sounds mean, but it’s harmless. What I’m attempting to do by that is recreate a falling dream. I think most people have had these, so you’ll know that you always wake up when you hit the ground. What’s more, you always remember when you wake up in that manner.

Ensuring Stability
For anyone new to lucid dreaming or who hasn’t mastered the skill of stabilizing a dream, becoming lucid can cause massive destabilization which often results in waking up. If you do find your target and tell them they are dreaming, there is a good chance they could wake up unintentionally.

I generally rely on brisk movement to stabilize a dream. In order to force this on another person, when I tell them they are dreaming, I put my arm around their shoulder and give them a good shake. (I’m a big guy so that’s usually easy for me to do)

I feel a lot of insecurity in that thread.

An idea of meeting each other in dreams is proposed and immediately all particpants are warning all the others “watch out, dont try this or that or it will end bad for you bla bla”.

RELAX people.

Who told you we werent in the same boat ? We’re all here to elevate ourselves and share knowledge. We’re not here to harm each other (or if this is the case, please tell me and I leave that forum).

Warning and telling others you have the bigger dick only shows insecurity and fear, and in my humble opinion those kind of statements are totally useless on that forum, between members.

If you wanna come into my dreams, do it. And I wont warn/threat/show I have a big dick or whatever because this would be stoopid and totally inappropriated. We’re all adults, we’re all part of this forum, and I dont assume 1 sec that we would like to harm each others.

On the contrary, do come and say hello if you want. My pleasure to meet you !

ONE CONDITION : PM me like 1 day/night before the moment you intend to come and visit me in dreams, because I do lot of dream work at night with spirits and if I know you’re gonna come then I will postpone any of my work to let room for you to pop up and say hello.

But please, let’s stop with those fears and warnings and fight thing and let’s just enjoy the opportunity to meet each others on the astral plane and to get the chance to know each others better.

my 2 cents

[quote=“The Eye, post:18, topic:2863”]I feel a lot of insecurity in that thread.

An idea of meeting each other in dreams is proposed and immediately all particpants are warning all the others “watch out, dont try this or that or it will end bad for you bla bla”.

RELAX people.

Who told you we werent in the same boat ? We’re all here to elevate ourselves and share knowledge. We’re not here to harm each other (or if this is the case, please tell me and I leave that forum).

Warning and telling others you have the bigger dick only shows insecurity and fear, and in my humble opinion those kind of statements are totally useless on that forum, between members.

If you wanna come into my dreams, do it. And I wont warn/threat/show I have a big dick or whatever because this would be stoopid and totally inappropriated. We’re all adults, we’re all part of this forum, and I dont assume 1 sec that we would like to harm each others.

On the contrary, do come and say hello if you want. My pleasure to meet you !

ONE CONDITION : PM me like 1 day/night before the moment you intend to come and visit me in dreams, because I do lot of dream work at night with spirits and if I know you’re gonna come then I will postpone any of my work to let room for you to pop up and say hello.

But please, let’s stop with those fears and warnings and fight thing and let’s just enjoy the opportunity to meet each others on the astral plane and to get the chance to know each others better.

my 2 cents[/quote]

Very well said Eye man. People really like to blow up their egos around here. ROFL xD

Why not establish a visual reference as well, like carrying a pineapple?

Something far out enough to be memorable.