Group project: Visiting each others dreams

[quote=“The Eye, post:18, topic:2863”]I feel a lot of insecurity in that thread.

An idea of meeting each other in dreams is proposed and immediately all particpants are warning all the others “watch out, dont try this or that or it will end bad for you bla bla”.

RELAX people.[/quote]

I’m not seeing the dick-waving you’re talking about. Very early in the thread, The Cusp kept talking about dream combat. I’m not very interested in that, and that sort of thing doesn’t last very long with me. It wasn’t a threat or anything of that sort, just a statement. It would be a waste of everyone’s time that could be spent in better ways.

When The Cusp went on to explain that there are different forms of “combat”, such as manipulation of the dream realm, then it took a different form.

Before you assume you know what others’ psychology is about (such as mine and defectron’s), you also have to consider the context of this forum. It’s a bunch of self-professed black magicians, along with a number of those who are pushing in that route, and then a variety of others who wouldn’t identify in that way. That being said, I don’t think it is unreasonable to suggest that more than a few would find it amusing to try to get horror show on someone in dreaming. Letting them know that that is ill-advised and unwanted isn’t as much insecurity as it is practical for all parties involved.

I agree with your statements that it is a great opportunity for connection. Let’s leave it at that.

You do know that you’re talking about me and defectron specifically, not “people” in the generic sense, right?

I don’t see either one of us blowing up our egos. Suggesting against an unwanted and undesirable course of action is not self-aggrandizement. If you were a boxer and you saw people looking like they were wanting to get punchy with you, would you not attempt to redirect them? This isn’t the same at all as being all “I PUNCHED DOWN ALL THE DEMONS OF HELL, I CAN PUNCH A HOLE IN A MOUNTAIN, BLA BLA BLA.”

Calm confidence and polite redirection is not an ego trip. Let’s not get too carried away here.

Maybe but people who agreed to participate to this experiment in this thread are not foes each others.

Moreover, I doubt that lot of people on BALG know how to AP and enter others dreams.

So everything should be fine for everyone participating to that thread :o)

My 2¢: I was interested in this but became increasingly confused by the intent. No-one’s fault specifically, I’m just saying.

If it was “Let’s get a group together to have a barny in the dream world, and last man (or woman) standing sane by sunrise wins” that’s one thing - if it’s “Let’s hook up in dreams, and use this to master some dream-related skills” - that’s another.

Nobody needs this thread to send nightmares to a poster they dislike, they’re going to do it anyway. I can see the point that everyone wants to say “But if you attack me, I’ll rip your skull out and use it as an ashtray” but we’re all kind of thinking that by default, anyway, surely - most people on here are willing to both attack and defend, right?

These things happen, we all know that, but we don’t sign every post with warnings about what we’ll do if someone attacks us, it’s a kind of unspoken assumption.

So I was thinking at first this was a more mellow thing, an “I’ll be the one riding a weird animal, see how it looks to you and compare notes next day” kind of deal, and that people will be doing whatever they do to defend against attacks as before, but now I’m just confused.

I’ve had success sending dreams in the past (no-one here) and will pay attention and see how this goes, anyway.

I see what you’re saying, Eva. I don’t think giving fair warning where misinterpretation is possible is a bad thing. Not everyone has the same unspoken assumptions, so clarity is a valuable thing to have.

In seeing what everyone has posted (and then clarified), I don’t anyone is intending it to be a dream Fight Club or Hellish Shared Nightmare Club.

The subject of the thread is clearly “Visiting each other’s dreams”, so yea, mellow should be the way of things.

[quote=“The Eye, post:18, topic:2863”]I feel a lot of insecurity in that thread.

An idea of meeting each other in dreams is proposed and immediately all particpants are warning all the others “watch out, dont try this or that or it will end bad for you bla bla”.

RELAX people.

Who told you we werent in the same boat ? We’re all here to elevate ourselves and share knowledge. We’re not here to harm each other (or if this is the case, please tell me and I leave that forum).

Warning and telling others you have the bigger dick only shows insecurity and fear, and in my humble opinion those kind of statements are totally useless on that forum, between members.

If you wanna come into my dreams, do it. And I wont warn/threat/show I have a big dick or whatever because this would be stoopid and totally inappropriated. We’re all adults, we’re all part of this forum, and I dont assume 1 sec that we would like to harm each others.

On the contrary, do come and say hello if you want. My pleasure to meet you !

ONE CONDITION : PM me like 1 day/night before the moment you intend to come and visit me in dreams, because I do lot of dream work at night with spirits and if I know you’re gonna come then I will postpone any of my work to let room for you to pop up and say hello.

But please, let’s stop with those fears and warnings and fight thing and let’s just enjoy the opportunity to meet each others on the astral plane and to get the chance to know each others better.

my 2 cents[/quote]

I’m warning them for their own safety. In my waking moments right now I’m not likely to impale someone and drain them of all their energy at the drop of a hat, but my mind doesn’t work the same way when I’m dreaming/projecting. I lose all impulse control when I do that and the last guy who tried to sneak up on me ended up having some problems, granted he looked like a big giant ogre but still, the point is that despite looks he wasn’t actually an enemy, he just happened to approach me the wrong way. I had a bit of apoligizing to do after that incident but were cool now, I gave him something good to eat for his troubles.

To the guy that tried to drown me in a sea of lightning last night:

You gotta get a bigger table to smash over my head before I’ll walk into a boat like that.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:20, topic:2863”]Why not establish a visual reference as well, like carrying a pineapple?

Something far out enough to be memorable.[/quote]

Speaking of ‘far out’ dreams of the astral projection variety, I recently AP’ed while dreaming and met E.A. Koetting. The far out part is that I brought him onion rings as a gift, or actually as an offering. In my dream, he was actualized to the highest living god status that he aspires to, so I felt that bringing an offering was suitable. I actually got frustrated when someone else who was there to meet him (it was like a small conventional setting) ate half the onion rings.

Should I just chalk it up to a combination of real potential mixed in with a dash of sillliness?

Onion ring offerings sound delicious, if spiced with souls.

So, when does the show begin ? :slight_smile:

Anytime it starts, I guess. :slight_smile:

I was pushing the combat angle, but what you people don’t understand is how fun that really is. It’s only a bad thing if you make it a bad thing, and that is a valuable lesson. I don’t mean trolling somebody who’s unaware, I mean full on lucid combat. Plus the only reason I mentioned it is because of what forum this is. I thought you people wanted to become living gods!?!? I was not expecting everyone to be so timid.

If nobody wants to fight, I can give lessons in the first two rules of dream control.

1. I can teach you to walk on water, fire, tacks. It’s a very general purpose skill, using the first rule of dream control “everything requires your attention to exist”. Once you get the hang of it, I’ll probably want to shoot you to see if you can apply the same principles to a different situation. If the bullets hit you, that’s not my fault, the failing is yours.

2. The multiplication of loaves, or anything else using the second rule of dream control "The more attention you give something, the more related detail it creates. Being familiar with this one is more useful to prevent screwing yourself over by inadvertently multiplying negative things.

It’s weird how Jesus’s main miracles are the basics of dream control. There are not a million different skills to learn, there are only a few basics you can apply to anything.

Nothing to do with being timid mate, I’m happy to send my pet raper-gator to eat someone inside out from the ass-upwards, or do a non-anesthetised eye-ball/testicle swap, whilst they roll around screaming in a pit their own mother’s intestines bukkaked with weasel spunk, but this is just going in circles, so can I suggest we put down what we’re each up for (and sunas, I’m all out of weasel spunk for now, so don’t ask) and then take it from there?

I’m up for doing a fairly simple send to someone after Weds next week, something I’ve only dabbled in before, and I’ll leave the knives, gaffer tape and trash bags at home. Who wants to volunteer as receiver, and I’ll PM you the day before.

I mean I get that wooh, we’re all big bad black magicians and stuff but let’s keep it simple. :wink:

One detail we all forgot is the time zone.

Most of people here are north american. I’m not. So time zone doesn’t match : when I’m dreaming it’s plain day in the US and vice versa.

Good point.

Here’s a site that will show you the time where you are compared to the zone of your recipient: [url=http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html]http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html[/url]

I sleep crazy hours, sometimes 2pm - 6pm and then I’ll be awake all night, so one to sort by PM maybe? I’m BST (GMT + 1) from Sunday.

What a wonderful life you have Lady Eva, I wish I could do the same ! :smiley:

You live in the US ?

Nope, England. But I keep strange hours and can synch with any time-zone with a bit of notice. I’m up for doing a send first because I’ve done that before, but my dream recall & lucidity still isn’t 100%.

[url=http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136]Current Local Time in London, England, United Kingdom

We’re under same time zone :wink:

Time zone is a factor of longitude, going east to west. SO if you are South, it should not be a problem to synch with someone as long as you are relatively close in relation to the Eastern and Western Hemispheres.

However, let’'s say with Eva, I would have some trouble because I am in Chicago, which is about 5 hours off from her in England. So that might be a problem, but there are ways around that when it comes to dreams. Time is really crazy there; if we wanted to battle for instance, we could all actively battle, but each person would experience that battle when they got to it. It’s hard to explain, but you don’t need to be asleep at the same time in order to interact with each other in the same “time”.

Time zone is actually less of an issue then people make it out to be. In one of the more memorable shared dreams I had with a freind we both had the same dream but on different days. I had it and then a couple days later he called me up describing the dream and asked if I had visited him. Time doesnt work the same way there.

Today I actually did project, I was supposed to go see Hecate, but I ended up forgetting to do that and talked to some other spirit instead, so yeah didn’t have a chance to visit anybody today. Feel free to drop in whenever though.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:31, topic:2863”]I was pushing the combat angle, but what you people don’t understand is how fun that really is. It’s only a bad thing if you make it a bad thing, and that is a valuable lesson. I don’t mean trolling somebody who’s unaware, I mean full on lucid combat. Plus the only reason I mentioned it is because of what forum this is. I thought you people wanted to become living gods!?!? I was not expecting everyone to be so timid.

If nobody wants to fight, I can give lessons in the first two rules of dream control.

1. I can teach you to walk on water, fire, tacks. It’s a very general purpose skill, using the first rule of dream control “everything requires your attention to exist”. Once you get the hang of it, I’ll probably want to shoot you to see if you can apply the same principles to a different situation. If the bullets hit you, that’s not my fault, the failing is yours.

2. The multiplication of loaves, or anything else using the second rule of dream control "The more attention you give something, the more related detail it creates. Being familiar with this one is more useful to prevent screwing yourself over by inadvertently multiplying negative things.

It’s weird how Jesus’s main miracles are the basics of dream control. There are not a million different skills to learn, there are only a few basics you can apply to anything.[/quote]

If anyone wants to have a controlled fight with me thats, fine I just ask that you approach me and tell me what you want to do first, that way I wont do anything crazy like leach all your energy or energetically poison you if I know whats going on.

Agreed, I had a really exciting dream about battling aliens with a friend once, didn’t say anything, 2 days later he rang me up and described a dream so similar it was freaky.

There’s definitely a time-bending capability, I’ve dreamt of things days or even months before they happen and almost everyone I know’s had that happen at least once.