Grimoire Wiki

Thanks DKM, and no worries, I’ll find it through the search index. I have a knack for finding things online. My friends are always amazed and ask me how I do it. Of course I just tell them it’s luck, but what I usually do is focus on what I want to find, chant ‘guide me’ internally, relax and just let the urges I get guide my hand. I can’t possibly reproduce afterwards what I did because I’ll easily click through 30 pages, but I will find what I want. :slight_smile: I know, I’m weird and I have all kinds of silly tricks, but it works for me.

Ow and I like the Saturnian design. :wink:

Septagram…enable you to design or write anything desired in the open spaces.

Uncle Fester

man… i’d go Saturnian. it’s serious, mystical and symbolicaly provocative. and it’s a fucking eye candy.

EDIT:
oh and it looks evil. reeks of black magick.

hokay - I need to go to bed, but what does everybody think of this:

… and of course, we could do something like this, but I think we’d have to get EA’s permission:

If EA agrees,… definitly the last one!

Ditto, the last one looks fabulous! Great stuff DKM!

well, looks like we’re going to have to get EA’s take on this - I’m going to go ahead and re-post it in Timothy’s Ultimate Magickal Resource thread, see if we can get EA’s ok. :slight_smile:
It would be pretty bad ass to have the CoP in the GW logo heh

Sorry for reviving a rather cold thread, but I wanted to take a peek at the site and yet there’s nothing there. Is it simply under construction or has the project been abandoned???

If the latter is not the case (as I am hoping), then please allow me to humbly attempt to contribute to your project with a list of some of the more important (at least in my humble opinion) grimoires. Sorry about repeating one or two titles you’ve already listed, but I wanted to add a few notes here and there about some of them. Hope you don’t mind…

“Liber Iuratus Honorii – The Sworn Book of Honorius” (not to be confused with the French work, “Grimoire du Pape Honorius”)

“Le Grimoire du Pape Honorius – The Grimoire of Pope Honorius” (existing in different version under different titles, such as simply “Gremoire du Pape Honorius” as well as “Le Livre des Conjurations du Pape Honorius”)

“Le Grand Grimoire – The Grand Grimoire” (also existing in a different version under the title “Le Véritable Dragon Rouge”)

“Le Véritable Dragon Rouge – The Veritable Red Dragon” (as mentioned above, a different version of “Le Grand Grimoire”)

“Grimorium Verum – The True Grimoire”

“Clavicula Salomonis – The Key of Solomon” (in all its forms; numerous manuscripts and old publications existing, some simply bearing the same title yet having little similarity, others carrying different titles yet very alike in contents; and still others sharing title and contents, but with some differences)

“Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis – The Lesser Key of Solomon” (NOTE: The “Goetia” is only Book I of the “Lemegeton”; thus the entire work ought to be included rather than merely a part thereof)

“The Goetia of Dr Rudd” (different version of “Lemegeton”, yet absent Book V)

“La Poule Noire – The Black Pullet”

“Le Génie et le Trésor du Vieillard des Pyramides – The Genie and the Treasure of the Old Man of the Pyramids” (different version of “The Black Pullet”)

“Les Œuvres Magiques d’Agrippa – The Magical Works of Agrippa” (French grimoire, not written by Agrippa in spite of title)

“Reginald Scot’s Discoverie of Witchcraft – Book XV” (the grimoire section of the book)

“A New and Complete Illustration of the Occult Sciences – Part IV” (by Ebenezer Sibly; much technical content derived from Scot’s work)

“The Art of Drawing Spirits into Crystals” (by Johann Trithemius; this short grimoire is found in the back of Barrett’s classic, “The Magus”)

“Le Véritable Dragon Noir – The Veritable Black Dragon”

“Heptameron, or Magical Elements”

“The Arbatel of Magick”

“Of Occult Philosophy, or of Magical Ceremonies” (the so-called Book IV by pseudo-Agrippa; not technically a grimoire proper yet typically referred to as such by practitioners as well as in the academic community

“De Nigromancia”

“Das Sechste und Siebente Buch Mosis – The Sixth and Seventh Books of Moses”

“Doctor Johannes Faust’s Magia Naturalis et Innaturalis, oder Dreifacher Höllenzwang – Doctor Johannes Faust’s Natural and Unnatural Magic, or Threefold Harrowing of Hell”

“Dr. Fausts Vierfacher Höllenzwang – Dr. Faust’s Fourfold Harrowing of Hell”

“Die Schwarze Rabe – The Black Raven”

“Enchiridion du Pape Léon – The Enchiridion of Pope Léon” (or as usually given in English, Pope Leo)

“The Sword of Moses”

“Theosophia Pneumatica”

“Clavis Inferni – The Grimoire of Saint Cyprian”

“Les Secrets Merveilleux du le Petit Albert – The Marvelous Secrets of the Little Albert”

“Le Grand Albert – The Great Albert”

“The Secret Grimoire of Turiel” (given in more elaborate form by Hockley in his “A Complete Book of Magic Science”)

“The Book of Abramelin” (Mather’s translation and that of Dehn and Guth being the only readily available copies of this work, both using slightly different titles)

There are, of course, others than the ones given here, but these were “right off the top of my head”. Hope the list may come in handy for your work on the site.

(^^)/

3 Likes

I would think two good additions to the grimoire wiki would be both of Michael Cecchetelli’s books.

Crossed Keys from Scarlet Imprint
and
The Book of Abrasax from Nephilim Press

1 Like

Hey this thread has been resurrected. DKM, what happened to the project? I’d love a resource of grimoires.

Hells (and heaven) to tha yeah!!!

Yes! I am quite intrested! I took a look at the site and it still says under construction.

I would think two good additions to the grimoire wiki would be both of Michael Cecchetelli's books.

Crossed Keys from Scarlet Imprint…

Already got ya covered! “Crossed Keys” consists of “Le Véritable Dragon Noir” and “Enchiridion du Pape Léon”. (^^)b

In light of this, though, it gave me an idea… how about establishing a list of grimoires with their original titles (regardless of whatever form and variation in which they may be extant) and then a secondary list connected thereto, that gives the different editions thereof which are commonly available? For instance, as with the two above-mentioned French grimoires, they would be listed under their original titles in the basic grimoire list, or whatever to call it, and then English translations such as Cecchetelli’s “Crossed Keys” being put in the list that refers to publications of these titles?

How would that work out? That might make it a decent list of general grimoire reference as well as a "Where can I get my hands on… " source.

[quote=“Tesposinus, post:53, topic:111”]

I would think two good additions to the grimoire wiki would be both of Michael Cecchetelli’s books.

Crossed Keys from Scarlet Imprint…

Already got ya covered! “Crossed Keys” consists of “Le Véritable Dragon Noir” and “Enchiridion du Pape Léon”. (^^)b

In light of this, though, it gave me an idea… how about establishing a list of grimoires with their original titles (regardless of whatever form and variation in which they may be extant) and then a secondary list connected thereto, that gives the different editions thereof which are commonly available? For instance, as with the two above-mentioned French grimoires, they would be listed under their original titles in the basic grimoire list, or whatever to call it, and then English translations such as Cecchetelli’s “Crossed Keys” being put in the list that refers to publications of these titles?

How would that work out? That might make it a decent list of general grimoire reference as well as a "Where can I get my hands on… " source.[/quote]

FANTASTIC IDEA TESPOSINUS!!! My apologies I did not see that you posted those previously. :slight_smile:

FANTASTIC IDEA TESPOSINUS!!! My apologies I did not see that you posted those previously. :)
No need to apologize at all; just wasn't sure if you'd noticed. Oh, and thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad you like the idea. (^^) I was just thinking what I would personally like to see on an online grimoire resource list, other people not necessarily agreeing. But I'm happy to see that I'm not all alone in my views. Let's just hope the project hasn't been abandoned, then.

So…im taking it the project has been canceled.