Grimoire Wiki

Good call man. Added.

DKM I’m gonna start calling you “brainstormer” in my mind! You not only come up with fantastic ideas, you think them through. My only concern with that is fearing our bodacious Production Man, Timothy (whom I heard in my head, btw, sounding like Sam Sheperd) might recognize your Star quality, steal you away from us & dub you ‘sidekick’ Production Man. (Timothy, dont you dare!) :wink: Z

I can lend a hand if u need help

There was a book I ordered a while back called “The Dictionary of Demons: Names of the Damned” by Michelle Bellanger, she took all the grimoires she was able to compile all the information from collected grimoires throughout the centuries and threw em all into one book. It’s big and very extensive but that’s what a lot of people around my area refer to. Fantastic book. When it came I opened the front cover and she wrote, “Do not fear, learn.” and signed it for me. I thought that was a cool gesture. She also started an organization called House Kheperu, they do seminars all the time and help people along to control and develop their skills. Kind of like a university for every aspect of magic. But this along with illustrations and easy access your gonna have an amazing, amazing breakthrough. It’s about 385 pages of just names and references and everything. I really suggest incorporating this in your work. Again DKM, thanks again for your genius ideas.

where could i get a copy of “the dictionary of demons”?

thanks bran ill start looking right away

Summoning Spirits, and Evoking Eternity.

Are the 22 Set tunnel entities there ? I can provide them from one book that hasn´t been translated to english, also Venus and Mars antigeniuses , lunar “+” and “-” gate…

Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/The-Dictionary-Demons-Names-Damned/dp/0738723061/ref=tmm_pap_title_0[/quote]

Does anyone know whether there is a worthy counterpart of this book? A ‘Dictionary of Angels’?

I found this on Amazon, but is it worth the money?

http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Angels-Including-Fallen/dp/002907052X

@KYRA Hey sweetie, I do most of my reseach reading online for basic stuff like attributes, symbols, etc. But if you’re wanting that book, amazon has it discounted about 40% right now … :wink: Z

Thought I would throw a quick update in the mix. I’ve got most of this worked out so far.
I’m working right now on finishing the categories and hacking out a way to change the background image, or at least the border/background colors according to the category selected and entity being viewed.
I’ve been messing around with several ideas of a logo. I have 5 in the making right now. I’m going to try to get some rough drafts finished before next week starts, at which point I will post them to get some ideas and hopefully zero in on a selection. :slight_smile:
I’m getting excited for this!
Side note, I found an Android app of The Lesser Key of Solomon. Searchable, complete with sigils. I thought it was interesting and just wanted to get that out there.
Till next time :slight_smile:
Namaste!

DKM THANK YOU! You’ve obviously put in beaucoup hours on this - not to mention Brainpower! Your enthusiam is contagious! When I read your post I was getting the energy of a happy, frisky puppy full of anticipation and adventure! We shall be the most appreciative recipients of all your willing work. Talk about Practical Magick!!! :wink: Z

haha, I love it :smiley:
It’s a reciprocal high! :smiley:

Thanks, I know, but I’m ordering from Europe and the last time I ordered something from the US, I not only had to pay 10 euros for Customs but also an additional -apparently recently invented- 22 euros Government Tax. Fucking rip off by the state, this country really sucks.

I’m going to check if I can’t find a free pdf of it online. Usually Google is my friend. :slight_smile:

The reason I try to get hard copies of most things is because with my household my puter time is limited, so taking a hard copy along for when I’m waiting in my car till the school bell rings and I can pick up my kids, allows me to at least spend 10 or 15 minutes of reading or rereading. I’m sort of on the snail train to Magickal Ascent at this stage of my life.

Btw, nice avatar. :wink:

Hi, Kyra - Yeah, I forgot you live in … Belgium? Definitely don’t wanna order from overseas unless you’re willing to pay the shipping! But maybe there are some other possibilities. like neighboring countries? I think Bran’s from your area of the globe; maybe he’s got a few tricks up his sleeve about getting books. In the meantime, yep! Google is your friend! Got any way of printing off maybe 10 or 12 pages at a time, for reading in the car? :wink: Z

(btw, yes, he is cute, ain’t he? I think that’s actually DKM!)

… I’m going to check if I can’t find a free pdf of it online. Usually Google is my friend. :slight_smile: …[/quote]

I have these if you’re interested:

1. Lurker, Manfred - The Routledge Dictionary of Gods, Goddesses, Devils & Demons.pdf
  2. DuQuette, Lon Milo - Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millennium.pdf
  3. Guiley, Rosemary Ellen - The Encyclopedia of Angels.pdf
  4. Oliver & Lewis - Angels A to Z.pdf

… And several other Angel related grimoires. I can put them up for download if you wish. Or publish a torrent? Whatever might be easiest for you.

I would like to get my hands on any of those books you mentioned having a listing of Angels and their sigils.

Hmmm … I’m wondering, would it be useful if we had some sort of occult information repository? I would be willing to set one up with every possible piece of occult literature I/we can get our hands on. I would probably have to use my linode account and have very a very limited user base and tight access restrictions. However - I would be more than willing to do this.
I happen to have over 90 Gigabytes of pdf grimoires. Ya, I know - it’s a lot. In fact, if anybody is interested in downloading this very same information, you might want to check for the digimob [digital mobilization] of occult literature and information torrent downloads. It has almost anything you can think of. ALL of the classics for sure, and tons of obscure, rare, and barely known works of the occult. However, to have an online library specific to our cause is a fascinating idea and might compliment grimoirewiki.com quite well.
Can I get some votes and responses? The digimob library is downloadable and freely available, however, I’m not sure too many people are willing to give up 90gigs of their hard drive. Perhaps a search and select type library would be more appropriate.
Thoughts?

@ Bran:
Could have to do with ordering several books yes, but there are also times I don’t have to pay anything. I asked the postman about this and he said it’s just a case of being unlucky. Customs will just pick random packages and charge those. Apparently it’s not possible for them to check everything that’s coming from abroad. I don’t know if this explanation is true, but I do now I’ve been shit out of luck. Guess I should just cast a spell to make sure this doesn’t happen to me again. :slight_smile:

@DKM:
Wow great, thanks so much!! I would definitely be interested in those, download is easiest, but torrent would be fine as well.

heh - oops, I accidentally posted this in the Chi-Gong thread :stuck_out_tongue:
aaany way …

Ok, another update.
But first, for Kira - Until I have a minute to get a library like structure going, I can either email the PDF’s to you, or you can go to the digimob torrent site and click on “Search The Index” at the top and just enter “Angels”, you’ll get 21 results, but you’ll have to sift through each torrent to find the actual document you’re looking for. At any rate, it’s a good resource to know about. Here’s the link to the search page:
[url=http://digimob.128pro.net/]http://digimob.128pro.net/[/url]
If that’s too hairy though, I have no problems shooting an email your way :slight_smile:

I’ve finished the base work of the categories and subcategories and how they’ll basically all fit together. There are a few more minor tweaks, but for now, the basic skeleton is laid out. I’m in the midst of working on a base pattern and requirements for each submission. Of course there will be what text(s) the entity came from, what author(s) are most related to that entity. The sigil(s) and basic description. Of course, try to veer from copying the text exactly from Grimoires that are not in the public domain.
Here are a few basic ideas of the logo (or sigil I guess) for the site. I’m still working on the text and font. I’m trying to design my own with a magickal feel to the letters, but I’m having a tough time with it. I tried something hebrew-ish but that bombed, and I tried something more gothic/rune-ish and that bombed. I tried actual old engish and that bombed too. So, if you think you know of any font that might go well with the style of these logos, let me know :slight_smile:
These are the 4 I think would work the best for the site. These are just the basic designs, the final product will be super WOW :smiley:

David:

Saturnain:

Septagram:

Septa-Saturnian:

Lemme know what you think. If you like, don’t like, have an idea, whatever :slight_smile:
Thanks again everyone for the support and keeping me pumped about this project!

Namaste!