Greetings

Hello

My name is Kat and I am mostly here to learn so I probably won’t post much.

I’m interested in the Goetia, traditional craft, tarot, and working with spirits.

I live on 87 acres where I focus on self-sufficiency and herbalism. Hoping to find the magic to make this place mine.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

1 Like

Welcome @KitKat

Where do you hail from?

Do you have any experience in magick? You haven’t really told us if you currently practice anything.

I live in Wisconsin. I do practice, though not as regularly as I would like. I mostly work with Hekate and Anubis. However I have a strong interest in so many types of magic that I’m finding I have to slow myself down and focus on one thing at a time.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: what sparked your interest in the Goetia?

1 Like

That’s actually a really good question. I’m trying to remember… I think I discovered information initially when I was researching *traditional" witchcraft. As in, not Wicca (I have nothing against Wicca; it’s just not my thing).

I don’t even remember how I first stumbled upon the Keys of Solomon and I was fascinated. So I read as much as I can, but it’s very complicated and my life is usually chaos so it’s hard to focus as I need to.

Then I read a book (I’ll have to look up the title) that taught a simpler way to work with the demons. Since I read that I’ve been sort of putting a game plan together, tying together the things I want to accomplish with the demons who can help me accomplish them.

I need things to settle down a bit. But I want to make sure I am doing things correctly.

2 Likes

I realize I probably sound really vague. I apologize for that. I’m sort of between “Yay, New people!” and “Omg people :flushed:”. I tend to keep things to myself. I don’t trust quickly. Which makes it difficult to get to know people. I need to work on that. :confused:

1 Like

Interesting! and yes Wiccans tend to be quite fearful of demons, so that makes sense.

Was the book with the simpler method The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer? Or perhaps Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield?

Not necessarily a bad thing, especially considering how some people can be at times.

1 Like

it is good to keep to yourself sometimes,Verrine can be helpful :https://demonsanddemonolatry.com/category/knowndemons/ 1

1 Like

Demons of Magick is one that I have but I haven’t stated reading it yet. I’m trying to find it…

1 Like

Goetia Patchworking by Corwin Hargrove. Good grief I thought I’d never find it.

1 Like

This looks very helpful. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I also like Jason Miller’s books

2 Likes

Ahh that one also came to mind, it’s another well known one here, although perhaps not as popular as the rest (Especially Demons of Magick). I would actually recommend you also read The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer, the ritual only takes 15-30 minutes but don’t let that fool you, it can be very powerful magick.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendation. I just bought it for my Kindle. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope you find a lot of success with it! It’s good to have a few books on the subject like you have, to see different powers for the Demons and to be able to experiment.

I’m truly fascinated learning about them. I think that’s why I’m taking a while to actually work with them. I want to get to know them first (the trust thing again I guess).

I am probably weird but I feel a lot of empathy for them. People just see “evil”. I see intelligent entities that are really misunderstood. And I sort of relate. So I want to know and understand them so that my workings are based on respect. If that makes sense.

1 Like

That’s definitely a good way to work with them and build a bit of a relationship before actually working with them. And your pull towards them should already make your magick with them quite effective.

1 Like