Graveyard dirt etiquette

I want to collect graveyard dirt from a cemetery, but I don’t know the rules for this. I have read people say you have to ask first to the spirits that take care of that specific cemetery (and supposedly each cemetery has this spirits) and you have to ask the specific spirit of the graveyard you are collecting the dirt too, (he/she CAN refuse).
Also I heard something about leaving offerings to the spirits we are collecting the dirt and something about coins too.
What is your graveyard dirt etiquette to follow???

2 Likes

Oh and I forgot to add, is it safe to keep the dirt inside your house after you use it in your ritual??

1 Like

Indeed coins is ok for Qayin Rex Mortis, Papa Legba, Papa Kalfu, Baron Samedi. Just work with one of them and ask their assistance.

Nope, try to take the dirt saturdays, use it in the rituals entirely. If you have probs with getting Cemetery dirt than store it outside in a dark place or box. If not on the balcony or similar.

1 Like

Miss Avi from Hoodoo Delish made a great video on how to collect graveyard dirt.

3 Likes

Not really, but probably. No magick, and especially Necromany is really “safe”. It’s like using fire, kids are kept away from it but when you know what you’re doing you take precautions so you don’t mess up and get hurt. The risks remain, and even the most educated still get hurt.

If you have to ask this question, you don’t know enough to take those precautions and you should probably do more research first.

Bottom line, if a guarantee of safety is what you want, don’t do magick.
But then, don’t do a lot of things. Don’t go camping, don’t do sports, don’t take any risks ever, calculated or otherwise… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

thank you @Rav

1 Like

Thank you @anon2103588

1 Like

Thank you @Mulberry

Yes, this is what I am trying :slight_smile: