Gordon White's Crossroads Ritual - calling Lucifer - Magickal languages + Abremelin squares?

Hello all. Curious who has worked with any of the Rituals from this book. I’m been trying to figure out what language he is using in multiple places… Let’s start with the Abremelin square used to summon Lucifer. It reads as follows: “Lucifer Unanime Catonif Inononi Finotac Eminanu Reficul”- now I get this is a “perfect” Abremelin square, but what I don’t get are the interior 3 words “Unanime, Catonif, Inononi” Uninime can mean “unanimous” in Greek, but there it stops. Any ideas what language he is using? I prefer to know exactly what I am saying/invoking in any kind of summoning like this…

Additionally, later in the book he gives an incantation to clear your space, “HEKAS, HEKAS, ESTE BEBELOI” - what is this? Any clarity greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hekas hekas este babaloi, means “get thee profane ones far from this place” I believe. Common opening command in a Thelema or Golden Dawn ceremonial ritual.
As far as the language goes, Latin popped into my head. Pahlavi? Italian perhaps? In Google.com/translate you can paste the text with input/from set to detect language, and output/translate to set to English or your preferred language.
On Facebook, there is a thelema page called project Thoth, and one post was drilling through language words, and they found a different language by combining each syllable into a different language. This could be the case. I tried approaching “alash tad al ashtu”, and found the same thing … Parts of the words translated into Sanskrit and other languages.

1 Like

Interesting ! I was wondering about some of E.A.s language as well, I’ve been chanting “Alash Al Alash Al Ashtu” - quite powerful, though its strange not “knowing” empirically what it “means”. Yeah I tried Latin translation for the Lucifer Evocation… But none of the words translate. Only “Unanime” in Greek. Perhaps it is indeed a combination of languages… I’m just curious what his method and approach was in the creation and choice of words…

2 Likes

Any idea what language is used here?

1 Like

Greek. As far as I know. Greco-Egyptian, with Hebrew godname invocations is their thing. Greek Hermetics based off The Divine Pymander and the Hermetics/Greek Manuscripts. Abrasax is an example compatible Grimoire.

1 Like

Hmm it doesn’t translate to anything when using google translator

1 Like

Yeah. Just verified that. It is the GD intention of the words, which may count more than the language itself. I originally was studying anthropology, though my school didn’t have subbranches like linguistic anthropology, and twenty years after being kicked out for partying too much, I spent 15 years working up from PC repair to project management for different companies in information technology. I also learned a bit of Latin, Greek and Hebrew on my own. And by a bit I mean select words. All for Gematria purposes.

3 Likes

Knowing the meaning often detracts from the words. If there is power in them, use them. Dont dilute them through the “need to know” of the meaning.

I have no idea of the meaning of the majority words I speak for magickal workings. I great the meaning I intend to help boost the intention behind the spell.

2 Likes

According to EA, it translates to the following:

“Give an offering to His house, to devour,
Which the eye, the house, is with Sammael.
700 years to bind the name of God in chains.”

4 Likes

As this is meant to be used in enforcing bindings which have already been performed, does this mean that the spell is being enforced in the name of Sammael… and bound for 700 years?

1 Like

Just wondering, if it is important though to know at least the field of thought from which the words are drawn… example, and enochian system might be using angelic names, or as in the example of E.A.'s incantation, it is useful for me to know that is referring to Sammael…

I do hear what you’re saying! There is a point where the scholar needs to lay down the books and embody the work in the flesh to experience it.

2 Likes

I use words that there is literally no translation for lol.

My point still kinda stands… The power in the words is directed to your intention, and that is where the true power is

2 Likes

I believe EA goes into more depth about the meaning of the incantation and its implications in either this video or his video where he unveils his Universal Circle. From what I understand, even he doesn’t entirely understand its full meaning… But like @KingOfHearts616 said, that’s not necessary, and for the “barbarous words of power”, sometimes not understanding the literal meaning of your incantations can be helpful in achieving the desired state.

6 Likes

Interesting. It does make sense that it can help to achieving a state of consciousness receptive to the working. But then this brings us to the “lasting repercussions”. I’m curious what your thoughts are on how our actions play out in the long term… how bindings and spell workings manifest after death, or “700 years” from now…

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking whether the effects of our spells and bindings will persist after our own death? It probably depends on how much power we give to the spell when we cast it, as well as how much power is present in any opposing factors that exist countering the results that we tried to “push” for.

2 Likes