Goetic Spirit Anime Girls: Personal Art Journal

Placement is right too. The only thing I’d mention is the front limbs of the horse should match the back or be similar in muscle mass/etc. They look more human size. The human upper arms, and back horse legs are very good though!

1 Like

I was wondering if that was it. I’m an entomologist, so I’ve heard the whole thing about whether centaurs should be considered insects since they have 6 limbs (no, because they do not have wings).

1 Like

Yeah, I think the biggest problem is that I insisted on making her wear pants lol. I promise the next centaur will not be wearing the weird front pants :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Overall your artwork is very good!

3 Likes

I agree! It’s on the wierder side but technique wisegreat job!

2 Likes

Marbas: I got a mental image of Hello Nurse while meditating on his Enn.

3 Likes

Valefor. 6 down. 66 to go.

2 Likes

Aamon. Be friends or I’m gonna set you on fire uwu

2 Likes

hmmm I don’t know what to say. I have never liked anime… maybe I was too old when it first came out.

But your work is good. It reminds me of Norman Rockwell. (some of the restaurants used to have prints for decorations) - I think maybe his Sat evening post collection :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I’m not the proudest of Barbatos. Although, full disclosure, I didnt pursue a career in illustration when I was younger because I suck at drawing guns. I probably spent more time on the gun (which, I know nothing about guns, I used a stock photo as reference, she’s probably wielding a paintball gun) than anything else.

3 Likes

Well, this one is my favourite actually

2 Likes

I think it’s the colors for me. Here’s concept art I’m doing for a movie that hopefully happens (which is relevant since the faux poster includes Lucifer and Decarabia and the movie takes place in Hell).

I like to use bright saturated color or do dramatic monochrome. Khaki, olive, and gray isn’t my normal thing. But neither are anime girls. All sorts of getting out of my comfort zone.

1 Like

I usually do more painterly and naturalistic, so Norman Rockwell is an unsurprising comparison. Thank you so much!!

It’s sort of amusing how often the demons show up in anime nowadays. Playing Genshin Impact and having Paimon wonder around with you as a little moe dude is pretty funny.

The anime I see the demons in tends to be successful, so fair enough.

1 Like

the gun looks like you combined the body of ab AK47 but the hand guard of an AR style rifle. If you choose a wooden hand guard and put a front sight post on the barrel it could look much better but it still isn’t bad.

1 Like

Thanks. I know it would he better if I had an actual thing in front of me, but, I mean, I had to break up with someone I really loved because I tried to kill myself and he had guns all over his house.

When I meditate on Paimon’s enn, I always see myself as a blue-skinned feminine/androgynous man.

Here is a drawing I did of Paimon in 2019 for inktober

2 Likes

So fun fact, I used to be a contortionist. This is the first one where I used myself at all as a reference, but also a photograph of someone thinner in the same pose

3 Likes

Who dis?

Nvm, I see.

1 Like