Goetic Spirit Anime Girls: Personal Art Journal

I’m posting these to keep myself accountable. As the largest challenge I have ever attempted, I am drawing each of the 72 Goetic spirits as a cute anime girl.

6 Likes

Bael is associated with catcats and frogs. A fitting first entry.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Ye.

Agares came out looking weirdly like my mother.

5 Likes

Im confused on how I feel

Vassago is of the choir of Thrones. So hula hoops it is.

4 Likes

Ok.

What made you want to challenge yourself to draw the 72 Goetic Demons as anime girls?

Like really…

Is this something you do as a hobby, draw anime and got the idea to draw the spirits? Or is this an offering of some sort? Is it tied to a ritual you performed, like the pics are involved somehow? Just trying to understand where this idea came from.

Don’t mind me, carry on.

8 Likes

That just means it’s Art.

I decided to do this challenge for several reasons, and if you have suggestions for how I can improve my art I’m all ears! If the concern is disrespect towards the Spirits, I am doing each initial sketch while meditating on the Enn of each spirit, have made my intentions known, and have the impression that it is a fun method of meditation and way to introduce myself to each spirit more intimately.

3 Likes

Both. It’s meditative, part of a pact/ritual, and also a fun thing to do.

1 Like

Oh, ok…got it :bouquet:

1 Like

I dont mean it in a negative way,
It is my own spiritual confusion as a weeb and religious person to see the spirits be waifued like this

1 Like

I’m not sure why, but Gamygin wanted to be the girl from “Low” by Flo-Rida. Obviously everyone in the club is looking at the centaur wearing double pants.

3 Likes

Looks more like a horse is up her ass than a centaur. You got extra limbs.

5 Likes

I thought centaurs had 6 limbs? 2 arms, 4 legs? The final placement of the boots was really the best I could figure out with how a centaur would wear boots (believe it or not, I could not find very many reference images for a centaur wearing human shoes, lol). Putting them lower so that the hood was only in the heel made the shoe look like it was about to fall off, and with the hoof all the way to the toe it ended up looking like she has human feet in front and horse feet in the back. Not to mention that centaur front limbs are a hybrid of human lower limbs and horse forelimbs that are not easy to dress (which probably contributes since the human-to-horse delineation is covered by the pants). Obviously next time no pants on the centaurs, lol. In all sincerity, which way should I have gone with it?

Actually, if I remember correctly (and after a quick search) that’s the right amount of limbs both horse…and anime girl… they have 2 sets of horse legs and then human arms attached to the torso of the human upper half. Making 6 limbs total.

1 Like

I’m really not trying to be rude, it looks like they have 6 limbs in the wiki article?

1 Like

I did a search, I’m pretty sure it’s 6. Satyr (half goat) is the one with 4 limbs.

This is Centuar:

1 Like

ah you’re right, it’s just the placement of the legs in the anime that make it look off. Maybe the two sets of pants.

2 Likes