Gods!

hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever worked with “Gods”?

Gods such as: Zeus, Hades, Kronos( but not just Greek). Also from Hindu: Hanuman, Shiva, Ganesha etc…
Or even “Gods” from different cultures.

I was just wondering if people have worked with these Divine beings.

I used Gods in quotes because i dont mean entites with God like power such as Azazel or lucifer…just so im clear.

Any way, i look forward to any and all replies.

Titan =)

Yep. Greek gods are mah thing. But intentionally though. It just seems that all my interactions with deities end up being Greek. Maybe I have some ancestry in Greece.

Do you use divination, or can you actually evoke them?

I would opt for setting up a shrine or altar instead of evoking a god/goddesses. IMO it is more respectful and is far more likly to get you on their good side. Then, if they like you, they will pop up at the most opportune (and strange) times.

Then you can do a whole lot with them/ ask them for help.

Just my 2 cents.

can they like do more than other “God like” entities can? like teach me their direct Godly secrets? haha

That would depend on your relationship with them and the deity you are working with. You may notice that one is a chatter box (for lack of a better term) with you, while another is only interested in major events.

Who are you thinking of starting a relationship with?

Probably Hanuman, Brahma or Zeus.

It depends on who you are. I mean honestly, I never did anything with an altar simply because I do not have the space, but I’m the type of guy where props don’t mean shit in terms of respect. I would say, however, that if you don’t really have the pre-requisite skills to converse with them somewhat openly, then you are probably gonna be wingin’ it a lot more than not. So again, before getting involved with a deity, or any spirit for that matter, I would ask what your pre-requisite skills are. My experience, or any other for that matter, really wouldn’t matter much more than a mental masturbation if you couldn’t even explore it yourself.

Thanks Gza! What prerequisites are you speaking of?

Yes, long before demonic beings or any other kind (gods were in the history books and lots of info freely available).

Copy what Orismen said, I always used a shrine of some kind and it’s best to build up a long-term relationships.

The gods have more balanced energy than either angels or demons, are generally easier to relate to (they having been called upon by illiterate or impoverished humans since their earliest known manifestations) and can be the best allies and mentors available.

LOVE goes a long way, as does finding the right gods you can really bond with, for example I love Hathor like a sister (a super-powered cleverer sexier older sister) and she’s been there for me since I was a child.

Btw moved your topic because evocation’s not the main method for working with the gods, and expecting them to pop up obediently into a triangle might not get new magicians off to the best footing! :wink:

haha thanks for the info Lady Eva!

It may not be the most widely used method of dealing with the gods, but they CAN be evoked in a similar manner to angels and demons. Evoking Gods is covered in EA’s Mastering Evocation course. It takes a lot of Will to constrain the power, but it is possible.

You can also invoke them, as in, call upon them to instill you with their powers, for example Thoth/Dhjuty to help you with learning or memory-related projects, or one of the warlike gods to help you when you’re facing a tough battle of some kind and your nerve’s not that strong.

I’m not the ulitmate expert and my life’s not totally perfect etc., however I think the gods are overlooked by a lot of magicians and that building a good relationship with a few of them, whether ancestral (highly recommended) or the ones who really speak to you (as Hathor does for me, and afaik I have NO Egyptian heritage), is like setting solid foundations upon which you can explore the weirder levels of the cosmos with far more confidence.

Whether some demons were previously considered gods is another topic, however Isis, for example, was worshipped from Fifth Dynasty Egypt (2494 to 2345 BCE) to the 6th century CE, without her name ever being degraded into despised demonic status (she’s the consummate ideal mother and wife, and yet also a sorceress and protector of the dead) so some managed to retain their entire attribution without bad propaganda, and of course modern-day pagans and reconstructionists are raising her profile and introducing her to a whole new generation.

Okay shutting up now :o) but yay for the gods, so many of them have been there for humans in a no-nonsense way for the entire reach of human civilisation.

I think the primary problem with the stratification of entities is simply because the stratification allows people to treat other entities with less respect than others. Like, choosing not to evoke a god, or even believing it is not possible due to the fact that they aren’t something to just summon for a menial deed… I mean that’s not the case for any entity, even a self-made servitor. You’ll get a lot more outta everything you do when you treat these entities, or anyone you wish to know period, with an equal level of respect. That doesn’t mean you do the same thing for all of them, but you approach them with equal regard to come at things respectfully.

I have personally interacted with Hecate in moments that could be considered completely disrespectful by most regards. However, my basis of respect is based solely on how genuine a communication is; I’d rather talk to a guy taking a shit on toilet over being at a 5-star, all-you-can-eat restaurant if the former is completely genuine while the latter is just trying to humor me with formalities. So based on that, I don’t have any need for an altar because it honestly does nothing to show more respect than me being just as I am.

Likewise, in the Hindu tradition, where Hanuman comes from, most any entity of an otherworldly nature is approached with an altar-like situation… at least in normal situations. However, all that is to say, while you would set up an altar for Hanuman, you would also set up an altar for a dakini, a rakshasa, a yakshini… even if the latter 3 are not deities of Hanuman’s renown, you come at then with the equal respect.

In terms of pre-requisites, I would say that you got a pretty decent level of energy sensitivity and control, have pretty good physical fitness and health, and can at least interface with otherworldly entities in a conversational manner. Now I do not mean that you have to hear words from them, but that you can readily receive messages well enough to perform automatic writing, use a letter wheel… something of that nature. Some people might disagree, but I feel that if you want to work with any entity without feeling like you’re winging it, you gotta have that basic interface.

I would add that prayer, sincere prayer is a very powerful tool for communing with gods, angelics, and saints.

I’ve been working on this new project with the different aspects of One Goddess (Lilith) and using those different elemental attributes. I’m not going to lie I was and am slightly scared of which of course made me push forward. I kind of got inspired from one of Eva’s post with developing a relationship with one entity and mutated it a bit lol.
So my opening looks like: Three different hyms one for the primal aspect one for the the Yesodic aspect and one for the physical aspect. The adverse penta and invocation of Shadad & Lilitu for air Kali & Sekemet for fire, Hecate and Tiamat for water Kephido and Haquash for earth. Lilith and Az-Jeh for spirit. For spell work Az-Jeh (seal) for primal energy raising of my desire, Lilith (seal)to shape and visualize the desire and Naemoth (sigil) for the physical manifestation of the goal. The opening was pretty intense definitely was feeling it. Going through the spell work was like falling into it by the time I was in the actualization stage I was tranced out using the Yatuk Dinoih barbarous tongue. Due to it and working with Hecate for some spiritual insight my scrying is really coming along.
Actually its almost about that time, if you guys are interested I’ll keep you guys posted with the progress.

Best
Keez

I thank you all for your insights and look forward to posting about any type of progress i make while following all of your recommendations!

Titan!

I think the convention of treating evoked being as “things” to be commanded, or demanding stuff like they’re vending machines, stems from traditions where people believe that demons (especially) have basically been put on the naughty step by “God” and therefore deserve to be smacked about a bit by the magician in the image of “God” - it has some internal logical consistancy and makes perfect sense within that system, but it’s only one approach… and hell yes, the way people talk about treating servitors, don’t let’s even go there. O_o

The purpose of a shrine for me, and I literally cannot remember an age when I didn’t have one (even disguised) in my life, is to give a visual reference point, and it’s also a location to place offerings or items that you want the god/s to bless. It’s more about me in most ways than about the god, who probably wouldn’t be any LESS comfortable in my home for lack of a bit of Ikea shelving and a nice picture frame. :wink:

Good luck Titan - hope you find the right allies on the “next level” who’ll be everything you hope for! :slight_smile:

I think the convention of treating evoked being as “things” to be commanded, or demanding stuff like they’re vending machines, stems from traditions where people believe that demons (especially) have basically been put on the naughty step by “God” and therefore deserve to be smacked about a bit by the magician in the image of “God” - it has some internal logical consistancy and makes perfect sense within that system, but it’s only one approach… and hell yes, the way people talk about treating servitors, don’t let’s even go there. O_o

The purpose of a shrine for me, and I literally cannot remember an age when I didn’t have one (even disguised) in my life, is to give a visual reference point, and it’s also a location to place offerings or items that you want the god/s to bless. It’s more about me in most ways than about the god, who probably wouldn’t be any LESS comfortable in my home for lack of a bit of Ikea shelving and a nice picture frame. :wink:

Good luck Titan - hope you find the right allies on the “next level” who’ll be everything you hope for! :)[/quote]

Thank you Lady Eva! =)

Different gods have wildly different personalities. Some carry themselves very proudly, some are humble, some are sticklers for tradition, others aren’t.
Aphrodite doesn’t like for me to pour khernips and offerings down the sink. I must throw them out on the bare earth outside. Hades doesn’t give a crap.
I have altars for the gods that I attend to once a week. Libations abd incense make the main part of the offerings, and I just sit and listen to what they have to say.