Gatekeeper pathworkings done out of order

I’m pathworking Belial at the moment, breaking chains. It hasn’t concluded yet. But, Lucifer has been pointing me to the second book in the series, Lucifer, The Enlightener to help me immerse myself and to illuminate some answers pertaining to what I’m having to deal with right now. And on top of that, I have a lot of anger to deal with. Asmodeus appeared to me briefly to let me know that he would be working on it with me later when I get to pathwork him in his Gatekeeper aspect, since my circumstances aren’t allowing for me to deal with it now, because I need to avoid direct conflict for the time being.

I’m wondering, is it the usual way to pathwork these gatekeepers in the order they’re listed in, or is the system flexible enough that you pathwork the ones that are appropriate for the issues that come up, as these issues come up? For example, in my case this might be Belial, Lucier-Amaymon, and Asmodeus, even though Asmodeus is the 8th Gatekeeper, and Belial is the first one, followed by Amaymon?

I hope I’ve made myself clear?

My ancestors say that my anger will be healed/released (via pathworking Asmodeus) within a year, so I’m guessing that I’ll be working faster than I thought. lol

I’m not sure there’s a usual way yet, as it’s all a bit new.
The people I knew that did it performed it as the books came out, which was three months apart. I did them in order until I was caught up with the Azazel book and then kept up.

You’re probably the one breaking new ground, so you tell us? I can’t think of any pressing reason why not do them in the order they suggest to you personally, since that’s exactly why E.A. did them in the order he did, and I think magick is personal.

1 Like

The pathworking is adaptable to the magician, so if the Gatekeepers themselves are directing you, then I don’t really see a problem. I remember a few other people on this forum mentioning that one or two of the Gatekeepers jumped the queue, as it were, so I think it really depends on what the spirits themselves feel is best for your development. I think the Gatekeepers tailor the pathworking to the individual because not everyone needs the same lessons.

2 Likes

How would one get started or initiate into pathworking the 9? Im having a little trouble finding where to begin and i feel led to pathworking the 9.

1 Like

You are supposed to start with Belial if you are pathworking in order. Belial opens to way for the rest.

2 Likes

Thankyou.

2 Likes

Hey DarkestKnight-

I feel really stupid for asking this, but: so is there like an overview of this (pathworking the 9) in one of EA’s books that I’m missing? Like instructions? Or do I just start reading the Belial book and progress through? I have Belial, Bael, and Asmodeus, but I never knew this :roll_eyes: I started the Belial book a couple of days ago…but I’m still a little lost- obviously…

1 Like

Not really. The Compendiums basically contain different approaches and lessons that the various authors learned from the Gatekeepers, so the way I understand it is that you would approach Belial and he will then initiate you into the current of the pathworking.

1 Like

OK thanks- this clarifies a lot for me. I’ll just keep reading Belial and go from there.

1 Like

I’ll keep this thread updated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think a lot of people probably do it the way EA and the others did it, starting with the Gatekeeper ritual, then working with Belial. One of the other Gatekeepers would probably make themselves known to you as you go along, as a way of showing you the way forward.

1 Like

If you’re being directed by the gatekeepers to work it in a different order then I would do so. Everyone’s path is different. Your intuition should lead you in the right direction as well.

2 Likes