Forgetting sigil(desire)

Sorry about my question, it seems basic. In sigil magick, We must forget desire and the sigil after work. Is this necessary that after an evocation we forget our desire(will), like sigil magick?

1 Like

It’s more like you want to not “lust for results”.

This is when you keep thinking to yourself :did it work yet, did it work yet…?" This can be a form of doubt, and also can mean you didn’t put all of the energy you have about the subject into the working. When you put all your energy into it, that can leave you feeling a little numb to the subject, so you naturally stop worrying about it for a while, until you generate more energy.

You don’t need to forget the sigil or working, you can even carry the sigil on you depending on what the working was for. You want to feel certain that it is working and not worry that it didn’t. Let it go and know your magick worked, then there’s no reason to think about it, you can get on with enjoying the changes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

For example I envocate Bune for money. If I think to result and money after ceremony, my result will destroy? (I know that law of sigil magick. I want to know that law also is in high magick? I thought because in sigil magick most of work do by magician, thoughts of magician effect in result. But in high magick all of work do by demon, Angel etc. And thoughts of magician is not important after ceremony)

No, in evocation, you do not have to forget the desire, like in sigil magick, but you do need to drop your emotional attachment to it.

In other words, if you evoke a demon to bring you money, then once you give it the task and send it on its way, you need to just assume the result will come. You can still think about the money, and what you need it for, but you should not worry about it. Think of it like asking a friend for a favour. You know your friend will do it, so once you ask, you just expect it to happen.

2 Likes