Foray into Necromancy

I absolutely have loved this thread. The teachings here are amazing. What I like is that they are malleable. They can be molded to fit into certain systems if need be or just left as they are (which of course, is okay too). I have a few questions, as I cannot resist the temptation to work with the dead. What are some proper ways to empower the dead? So far I’ve tried different incenses and offerings (everything but blood) and haven’t seen the best results. And are you familiar with the necromantic practice of god-making where a shade or spirit is elevated to the point of extreme power? How would one do this? And lastly, how long have you been involved in the practice?

3 Likes

Thanks. I try to make everything flexible and workable from just the base mechanics of how it seems to work. That tends to make it easiest for everyone to follow and adapt than some ritual or spell that is potentially very vague. Though it clearly results in somewhat large blurbs of information.

Well the creation of a death elemental is one such example of empowering a shade and binding it into your service by using it as a component in a much larger being. Another way is to just condense more energy into them manually. Similar to how you would increase the manifestation of a demon you evoke. I recommend looking into Initiation into Hermetics and The Practice of Magical Evocation by Franz Bardon as they present the base energy techniques to empower spirits and beings you simply substitute the energy type for what you need.
Strong emotions are another way to give them temporary power when you call them but it can have adverse effects in how they react and perform for you. For instance rage or intense hate will drastically boost their power but is also likely to make them live up to those horror stories of those twisted dead that try to torment and destroy their summoners because they were summoned with that rage and became a reflection of it and the moments of rage they had when alive all at once. So it is really your judgment on how you want to employ emotions in this.
Long term interaction with a shade and repeatably evoking them builds up their power as the cumulative energy of being manifested and the attention starts to reach higher levels. A death elemental can also use its power as a bridge to empower other shades and beings of death so you only ever really need to find one good shade to serve as the base of a death elemental and then once mature it can empower others as needed.

I can think of other way but those would be the simplest to empower a shade. Also worth noting that death energy if you want to assign a polarity to it would be a negative polarity, magnetic, yin, whichever term you want to apply and dynamic power comes from positive, electric, yang, energy which is the primary energy that allows for life which is the reason death energy so aggressively consumes it. This also happens to be why blood or sacrifices of life are so powerful as that is the medium in which the positive side of the energy is most embodied. So balancing out the two types of energy to where they aren’t consuming each other would effectively restore them to a semblance of life as though they were living but astral projecting and give them a lot more dynamic power although their minds would still be limited and not the true consciousness of the individual which would be separate.

As for how long I have been doing magick in general it has probably been close to thirteen years. To necromancy specifically its been an off and on thing of convenience and need. I have been delving a lot deeper into it recently but there are a lot of analogies to be drawn between it and other forms of magick when you look at the base mechanics of it. If you are going to work with the dead start slowly get a feel for where you are at and how things stand and just how much you can take and then adjust your approach accordingly. Some people can take a lot more at once than others.

2 Likes

You should write book(s) on the subject. I would eagerly buy them. I’ve been experimenting with the creation of Draugr, enraged and vampiric spirits. Any advice thus far?

1 Like

Draugr seem to be their own sort of thing. Less your standard shade and more what happens when a shade is left in a state to evolve into something else. I would define Draugr as being a type of death demon. You could still access the information to bring the shade of the person they were originally as per normal but you can also access what they have become.
Far as I am aware the Draugr are the souls of the dishonored dead, unrepentant murders, rapists, the worst of the worst as it were lost in their brand of cruelty.
You can say that their name is different than their living name. It might have the same syllables and physical pronunciation but the concept and information you put into their name makes it energetically different. Dealing with Norse magick is definitely a good starting point instead of focusing on trying to call up specific people like mass murderers in the form of a Draugr call on the Draugr as something different and learn the names of one to bind. I would recommend the Goddess Hel for that sort of information or Nidhogg. Call one of them and see what deal you can work out for that exchange of information such as a particular sacrifice or favor to have the knowledge of how to call one. Alternatively if you are bold you can try to project into their realms and find that information for yourself. Likely there will be some measure of test or challenge but in my experience if you can steal such information from their realms through those tests they will consider it fairly won in contest and probably afford a little extra favor from the sidelines.

The usual method as I have uses a runic modification on a triangle of evocation and requires a fair bit of blood and pain to bait the Draugr and bind it to a physical totem of either bone or wood (preferably both) pulled from deep within the earth. They don’t have much more use other than as agents of death and an embodiment of whatever unrepentant sin they are guilty of. They can make excellent guardians though if you can learn their name and bind them strong enough.

3 Likes

Thanks :pray: I’ve worked with the draugr in curses (one resulting in death) and have soil from the grave of a murderer. I’ve gotten to same information on them from Nidhogg and Hela, which is really crazy to me. I’m just curious if I can transmute this shade into a draugr, having one bound and on call would be useful.

2 Likes

Well I would think to turn a shade of a murderer into a Draugr he must not have regretted or made peace with what he has done and would gladly do it again and that is the aspect you would call on and twist to an animalistic level of savagery. Phrase his name to embody that aspect and form or have him tell you his name again after and keep reinforcing that side. That would make something close to a Draugr whether it would be the same you would probably have to experiment with and compare to Draugr you summon through other means already formed. I haven’t tried to actually make Draugr or full called them into manifestation outside of journeys into their realms as I haven’t had a particular need for them yet myself.

2 Likes

This is an absolutely fantastic thread. Thank you @anon47923162 for sharing your knowledge. I have learned a great deal. I work with Santa Muerte and she has told me necromancy is not simply communicating with the dead in the least. I can now clearly grasp more of the complexity of what is involved from your posts.

2 Likes

Well small update of sorts and an announcement that for the time being I am placing further posts relating to this exploration of necromancy on hold as with the current shift I do not believe it is wise to reveal further information at this time and because there must be a balance to maintain. So my final piece of advice for the time being is that for every step into the darkness you take you must also take a step into the light and vice versa or you can never hope to master either side. In the practice of necromancy the art of healing is essential and necromancy itself provides many insights into the arts relating to life just as the arts relating to life can give insights into death. Information on healing is easier to come by than that dealing with the dead and so there is often no reason to go into detail there with some many excellent resources already available and so I have focused on detailing the darker side. I have provided enough information to start investigating the realms of the dead and their powers in a relatively safe fashion and advice on preserving yourself in the process but to make things clear if you really want to master the powers of death you must also master the powers of life. So for now I am going to focus on other avenues until the time comes when I can focus and work more on presenting this path.

3 Likes

You do you dude

Loving the thread.
I perform these techniques around 95% similar to what you have explained.
I would be interested to know whether you have used death energy in the context of baneful vampyrism. That is (I am not good explaining myself) taking death energy from someone and channeling it safely to another person who we are aiming to hurt.

I am happy to discuss how I do it and my techniques and compare it with whoever of you who have had experience with this as well.

1 Like

I think the closest I have come to this particular use is transmitting a negative energy pattern such as a disease into a healthy person and taking the healthy pattern into myself. For example I tend to get hit hard in the sinuses by colds and such and one time I was just not feeling it and a relative was being particular irritating so I copied the pattern of the illness into them in exchange for the displaced energy. They soon developed the same cold and symptoms while mine receded.

There is also the death drain as I call which projects death energy and uses its pull to siphon out the life force without it being consumed by the death energy but instead funneled directly into myself after purifying any negative traits out. It fills them with death energy and at the same time I take in the displaced life force. It does more damage than regular vampirism as the death energy remains in their body doing further damage and gives a lot greater charge but it is not sustainable as it quickly consumes the target and leaves no energy pure enough to be harvested in them so is best for emergency use to quickly revitalize yourself while ridding of excess death energy or just someone you want to destroy while also benefiting from their energy. I keep a list of people I feel deserving of such in case I ever need a serious infusion of energy. Mainly assorted criminals of particularly debased and vile types.

1 Like

This is certainly the most effective way to do it, but it requires more energy and focus, so it is not the most efficient in my opinion(time and energy wise). Unless you use it to very specific cases.
Otherwise, if you are going to play around with these techniques it is better to channel them without getting your own astral body involved, making it more efficient, rather than effective.

I guess it depends on balancing how much you wanna intrude into the process and also energy and time management as well:
-Have we gathered enough energy to substain ourselves prior to starting the work?
-Have we gathered extra energy into an item so that we can access quickly that extra reservoir of energy?
-Have we got a nice death energy producer/subject?
-Have we got a victim and how much/badly do we wsnt to hurt them?
-What type of approach and if necessary, protections do we need to prepare in situ or in advance for the work?
-How much are we used to energies (let alone death energy, which to me, deserves its own type)?
-How much time are we willing to donate to the tehniques and rituals?

I think a clear efficiency/effectiveness assessment of the situation is beneificial regardless of the objective.
What do you think?

1 Like

I really like your posts man, i love reading your knowladge Its always a gnosis bomb!
I learn a lot!

2 Likes

I certainly think so and the death drain itself is well worth it. I use a system of runes and galdr chants to shape the forces involved so majority of the heavy lifting in handled by those forces and patterns that are called and I merely direct it where to go. My shields are increasingly programmed to reformat energy into a base compatible format. Though I do not use it very often as I generally reserve it for emergency use or when I truly feel someone deserves it which is not very often.

I personally find it more helpful to use other forms of magick to heal myself and power sources to supply that energy so it is a unique circumstance when vampirism even becomes necessary to restore myself and is more often used in cases where I do wish harm on someone. Necromancy has I have found a very specific place largely as solely baneful type work. While you can certainly employ its techniques in regards to shades and such to gain knowledge or use them as a means to influence people and events to bring benefits such as wealth I find again it is usually safer and more efficient to go with paths more dedicated towards that. The knowledge you gain from a shade of a person if not related to the actual death realms and necromancy is usually tainted by emotion and outside thought so approaching the true spirit and self of the individual would be much better to talk to them and that is separate from the part of them dealt with in necromancy.

It is an interesting path to be sure but its practical uses by itself are a very niche domain. The understanding it gives though helps with healing and more beneficial work by understanding the destructive processes so you can reverse or ward against them. So I find the knowledge invaluable if I want to work in healing especially in cases where the damage is done by death energy directly. I would like to say anyone interested in the healing arts should have a basic level of knowledge and competence in necromancy simply for the benefits it gives in understanding life and death as it can influence the body and mind.

1 Like

Interesting!!! I tend to use Tarot Arcanas for that as well as the runes (less frequently that ones). They work differently but efficiently! I haven’t used any galdr chants, but as I said, my experience with runes apart from divination and other types of magic is very limited.

This is a very important skill that every necromancer must learn in order to be safe. And still chances are that we are still playing with fire at the end of the day. That is why is so important to have a good baseline knowledge of energy work prior to jumping into necromancy, as you say. I am glad you are a sensible warlock.

I think I expressed a very similar opinion when we were discussing in one of Micah’s thread. Necromancy is not something someone should do willy-nilly.

You are then lucky, my friend. I was born “energetic vampire”, and I started learning magic quite long time ago focusing on healing, but it never worked with me nor with any other energy vampires as good as with the “non-vampires” I have met. We have a deficiency and we need to get supplies in the most raw and pure way, which is feeding (not necessarily from only humans, but that subject would be already need to be a whole new thread, so I won’t focus on it in here).

Amen to that. Again, I agree completely. That is why I believe there are’t many witches/marlocks focused only in necromancy, but in other things instead, including myself. I think I benefit from other areas of work in a more efficient and effective ways. Hence the importance of the initial assessment about what we want from a magical specialty and its techniques/works, as we agreed in previous posts.

Indeed, but I do believe it has partially to do with the nature of the magical path. Necromancy works with death, and only death won’t let us evolve unless we get to be reborn (very bad metaphor).

Indeed! Agree again! Let alone the use for energy work itself!!!

And that is a very noble path, my friend. I reckon that working with necromancy is also great for people who want to work with lost entities, and the ines who want to “heal” the ones that cannot move on once the pass away.
It is at the end, another way of healing.

So nice to have the opportunity to discuss this on a good level of understanding. Thank you.

1 Like

I have had very interesting results with galdr chants and custom sigils made from runes. Some of the stuff would be very doubtful if I had not seen the effects for myself. It takes some time and dedication to train the chants and attune with the runes but once you have they can be very potent and very versatile. The same rune I use to call up death energy for example I can use to call energy from any of the Nine Realms as needed.

I feel that raw energy work is very undervalued in some paths. I especially feel that shields should be mandatory even if they are basic shields at first. They solve and prevent so many issue in all paths. I’ve had my fair share of run ins with all manner of crazy stuff and some environments are just flooded with energy that you want automatically blocked out.

Oh now I kinda want to experiment reformatting your energy system. I won’t do it though but I am curious at the possibilities. I want to say it would initially have to do with tuning your chakras and psychic channels and points to resonate with a different source of energy but I would need to know a lot more before being certain.

No problem I very much do enjoy interesting conversations and good debates too when they come up. Always interesting to see what springs forth from them.

1 Like

It seems like something I would like to educate myself and try in the near future.

Energy work is a bit undervalued because people don’t think it can bring immediate benefits, but it is completely wrong. I agree.

I normally don’t let people touch my auras, but I would be happy to let you scan it and exchange some info about what do you reckon the differences are comparing to other energy patterns. I do not consider myself ill, just different. My way of processing energy from the Current I am connected is very specific. I think it would be beneficial for your healing learning process. Unfortunately I am not interested in having it “healed/cured”. It is part of me. But hey, exchange of info is always good! I awoke my kundalini some time ago, and have pampered my chakras and kundalini more than ever (I used to ignore them for quite a while when I was fed up with my situation/condition).

That’s the spirit!

1 Like

I highly recommend Edred Thorsson’s books they are in my opinion the most valuable to getting a good grip on the runes.

I was thinking less heal/curing and more upgrading. Keep all the benefits, gain some more, and reduce any inconveniences. Your choice though, it would be you doing the upgrades as you could best guide your energy body over the prolonged period required. Would certainly enjoy a looksie probably tonight if that is ok? I would send myself out as I sleep and gather the information close up and then draw it to memory when I wake up.

1 Like

Thank you!! Will do!

You do as you please. Have a look and come back to me when you want and can. And of course if I can help you or advise you about other things let me know.

1 Like

Well on quick thing. Do you happen to have any allergies or food intolerances/digestive issues? It seems quite a few vampires of different types display similar issues with those in many cases so I do want to find out how consistent it is across the spread as it were. Seeing if the energy structures responsible for the vampirism is also affecting those conditions directly.

1 Like