Foray into Necromancy

Anything you wish you knew before starting this practice?

1 Like

Not especially. Anything I wish I knew before hand is knowledge that I could not have gained without this practice and its lack did not prevent me or hinder my progress. As you learn you will find things that could have made previous works a lot stronger and easier but the knowledge only increases your abilities and understanding. It is like say learning math. There are many techniques you learn later on that make the basics far faster and easier but you still have to work your way up to even learn those shortcuts.

Just approach it with caution and respect. Stay aware and keep vigilant and inquisitive with mind to all the essentials of magick and you will progress just fine.
Most of what we deal with in any field can be incredibly dangerous if misused and it is our job to learn this and minimize the risk while maximizing what we gain from it. It is no different than exploring technology or science. It is easy to find ways to kill yourself but also a simple matter to stay safe and make progress just by keeping to common sense.

4 Likes

So is the shade more or less eternal or does it also fade away with time.

1 Like

It is a bit of both. Think of shades as being the decaying remnants of the astral body. Over time it can get twisted and changed by the environment and influenced by emotions and preconceptions of those calling on it. It can even evolve into something more than a shade.

However, the base information it is built on is still there in existence. It just gets mixed up and scrambled but can be put back in order. The more you know about someone whose shade you are summoning the more ordered the information is. Even in the case the shade has evolved into something else entirely its original information still exists if you know some part of its life or name you can effectively recreate the shade just by summoning it.

So say for example you turn a shade into a death elemental. Someone could still summon that shade from before it was transformed or rather the information is being accessed and rebuilt. There are two copies of it all from the same source information in a sense.

4 Likes

Whenā€™s the next part coming out?

1 Like

Tonight I will type up the next part on some uses for the Focal Stone and tomorrow I think I will go over the Blade and its uses.

3 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

As promised yesterday. Tonight shall be on a few spells that require the Focal Stone in order to work properly.
Now seeing as this deals with necromancy many of these will largely be baneful to life but a few can serve many useful purposes depending on your intent and adaption.

• The first is the calling of the nameless and forgotten dead and spirits by use of the stone.
    This is a rather very simple and easy method with very few requirements to it other than a crossroads and preferably a body of water.
    Simply travel to the chosen place with the stone in whatever form it has taken with you and let the desire you wish to realize fuel your journey. Now for this simple raw desires, nothing too complicated or relying on any particular discretion or concern for the well being of others as the spirits called here will not take into considering the health or wellbeing of anyone that gets in their way. For this reason it is good to direct your desire along a means that naturally do not involve any you are concerned about. Naturally this makes for an excellent curse.
    Once at this crossroads be it day or night find a pole or bridge or other object you can easily reach while standing. Take the stone and focusing on your desire gently tap it on this object with each tap being the beat of a spiritual drum or bell calling forth the forgotten.
    Let the beat flow as you send out the call with each tap. Now you do not have to tap the stone directly if afraid of damaging it you can clench it in your hand and rap the object with your knuckles letting the vibration reached the gripped stone. In my case I merely tapped the band of the ring on a banister.
    As you feel these spirits gather start to mutter the aspects of your desire. Each word spreading with the beat and drawing those with similar emotion and desire. For destruction or affliction of a foe chanting things such as ā€œdeathā€, ā€œkillā€, ā€œobliterateā€, etc would be appropriate while for money, ā€œwealthā€, ā€œgreedā€, and such may be used. Once this has reached its climax and you feel you cannot take the pressure from the growing horde any longer name in full your desire such as x be destroyed or brought to me and hold the stone forth pulling the horde inside.
    The stone now carries the forgotten and their desire aligned with yours. Now you must carry them to the place of your desire, the target you wish to affect, you can do this either physically or astrally and once there release them in a mass and overwhelming wave upon the target. Then simply walk away and let these obsessed horde do its work.
    I used this specifically upon certain individuals in town that had crossed a line. One of them is now a hunchback and the other passed out in the street and got carried away and they all have regarded me since with a certain dread and terror.

• The second use is something that is useful for all major workings dealing with death or darkness. This method can be performed in two stages for use in projection of yourself into the realms of the dead and the projection of the realms of the dead out into the world.
    The method for projecting yourself does not differ much from normal astral projection except in this case you go within the stone and its core will be its link to the realms of the dead and Darkness which by going through to project outwards will bring the power and protection of the stone with you. This will serve to automatically ward away any hostile entities and shield you from the damaging effects of the local energy in addition to empowering the projection with greater clarity.
    The second form of projecting these realms into ours is done by the opposite method involving the core. In this case you pull and expand the connection out around the stone and further overlaying and bringing the realms to overlap the physical. This can quickly create the atmosphere and weakness between realms that you would find in a cemetery or other place of death and allow beings and powers to very easily manifest themselves. You can project this even further out and bind it to a servitor, shade, or elemental to aid and empower their work or to create over many periods of such projection a more permanent field of this overlap.

• The last spell is more in lines of a proper spell to be repeated as many times as you wish with the goal of expanding your awareness beyond reincarnation.
    You will be using the stoneā€™s power and focus to call on shades of your past lives and bind them to the stone and yourself to remove the barriers that separate you. In this way as you become one with your previous shades it the expansion of your lower mind will erode away at the walls separating you from your higher consciousness. As above so below must work both ways and so we work on uniting the consciousness and memory of our lower lives to awaken the higher.
    This ritual uses a few extra components to help with focus. Namely just a set of circles and candles and a bowl of water. The circle can be made in any way, drawn, or traced. I personally prefer just common wood ash to fill out the circle. At the northern end of the circle you place the bowl with water and place a smaller circle around the bowl and the candle behind it.
    Try and seat yourself so that the reflection of the water can be used in a way such as for divination and begin charging it with the familiar primal darkness. Charge the candle of course with the light before you light it.
    Taking the Focal Stone in hand sit and gaze into the water focusing on the stoneā€™s power and projecting it out and pulling it inwards to yourself telling it follow you through the void devoid of space and time and bring forth in the water one of your shades from the past. Let it find this shade and bring it forth. Question on something that correspond only to your own deepest nature that you are aware of and when you are satisfied condense its presence even further and question what is effectively yourself at this point about that life. Form a connection there and when you are ready bind it into the water and place the stone within focusing its memory and mind and the link between yourself and that life to be infused into the water. Meditate on this until the water has literally become the liquid memories and knowledge connecting you to that life.
    When you feel your concentration waning drink the water and let what is stored become one with yourself and open up that connection. Save the candle and use it for future iterations of the spell with the same shade of your past. When you are ready to move on to a new shade use a new candle. Work as thoroughly as you can through the knowledge and bond to each past life in this way before moving on to the next. The stone in this case acts as a filter condensing the shadeā€™s essence and filtering out the harmful energies that would otherwise poison you.

4 Likes

What type of daily exercises are recommended to compliment the teachings?

1 Like

Well any normal exercises you use to strengthen and cultivate your energy such as Qigong or exercises involving elements and vital energy along with meditation are good for all magick. Though you can easily find and personalize basic energy work for this.
For necromancy specifically death meditations and practice in shielding your vital organs are essential to be able to preserve yourself and build up a tolerance and command of the energy.
If you find it is taking a toll on you then using vampiric techniques and healing exercises and taking a break until you are back at full strength are a good idea of course.

2 Likes

The ā€œlong-windedā€ explanations are thoroughly interesting.

2 Likes

Thanksā€¦ lolā€¦ I do have a tendency for them it seems.

2 Likes

Do you have a website?

1 Like

Nope, sorry.

2 Likes

Your thoughts on creating an ever expanding being?

1 Like

It is possible but would require a lot of work and maintenance to be put in and ultimately would have an end to it if anything by a change of its nature and state into something you might not perceive as the being you started out with.

2 Likes

This interests me deeply

1 Like

One way to think of it is your body started as a couple of cells. Do you still think of your body like that? How about when your body decays and becomes the earth that is then embodies in plants and all those that eat the plants and animals? A part of the mental field of that original matter is running through everything but we donā€™t think of it as such.

4 Likes

Tonight we will be discussing the blade.
In this case the Blade is a magical dagger or sword that has been treated much like the focal stone and attuned to the forces at work. While the Stone empowers and give protection and authority, the Blade serves two primary functions to shape and project energy to carve and sever energy either for command or attack and its second function is to empower sacrifice made with it in the form of blood.
Just like the Stone the Blade should call out for the work at hand or even better be made specifically for the work. My blade is made from a piece of scrap metal filed and sharpened and inserted into a root of a tree dug from the earth.

My blade was made before my journey into necromancy started in full but it still serves its purpose and was already of darker currents which made it easy to attune and align using the Stone. I will outline the method of creating the blade through whatever means you choose. If you already have a blade suited for the purpose then simply adapt the method to a preexisting one.

In the first method once you have the materials you will prepare your workspace tapping deep into the ancient darkness of the mind and spirit. Letting it fill the space and condensing it. Use the Stone and any mantras and chants to help with this. I used runic chants and drums to conjure this forth but you can whatever suits you.
Begin to make the blade forging the metal or filing it to the shape needed keeping up the chants and funneling them into the work. It should be done solely by hand as much as possible and should take on a trance similar to the creation of the Stone. You want to awaken the mind of the materials being worked with and attune them to you and your work and each other. Let the blade begin to hunger for blood and darkness and drink it in and bond with your desires as well. Once the blade is finished consecrate it with your blood drawn from over the heart. It does not take much only a few drops but the pain and energy from the cut even if slight serves as the catalyst to fully awaken it.
Over the next few days spend time sharpening and infusing the blade with more energy and let it rest with the Stone that they may attune to each other as well.

It should be noted that this blade is sentient in a sense and hungers for blood and is perfectly capable of projecting itself through the astral to strike at your enemies and feed off them on its own. This makes it a potent magical weapon to use in baneful works being able to directly project and be empowered with your aid to even greater effect. There may even be times where you find yourself in a dream stalking others with the blade and it has the tendency to slay the mind before the spirit and body.
Needless to say when dealing with hostile spirits or dangerous energies it can easily encourage them to be civil as well as sever ties and connections you no longer wish to exist. It can be used when summoning the shade to pierce the veil and with aid of the stone tear it open even further.
Now this Blade is not so much suited to cutting materials for sigils or other workings not of a baneful nature and it is a good idea to have a second knife solely for the purpose of cutting any materials you might need for purposes outside of this bladeā€™s use.

5 Likes

This update shall include information on the skull artifact. The skull serves a few functions. The primary function which everyone will be familiar with is as a vessel for a spirit or shade in order to bind or communicate with them. Another use is in similar functions to summon spirits but dealing with summoning and binding the spirits of the still living within to exercise control over them.

The skull can be preferably real, human or animal, but clay, stone, or wood is also acceptable. I recommend that if the skull is not real that you make it yourself.
The process of making the skull into an artifact follows the same pattern as the stone and knife. Infusing it with primal light and darkness into one energy and transforming its material through that energetic process. Work on bonding with the skull and awakening its being. Project within and shape the inside of the skull to serve as a vessel to contain powers. Visualize and shape this however you wish to fit that use. Spirits and energy enter primarily through the eyes and crown of the skull so focus on these as being the portals into and out of the skull and into the astral. Continue working on it in such a way for about a week focusing on the intent to create the skull as a vessel for powers.

Once complete you can use the skull to contain currents of power or spirits. The proper use is to place the skull inside a triangle of evocation as though for a normal evocation and while condensing the energy the spirit will use focus it into the triangle and then into the skull. This puts the energy under greater pressure and makes manifestation easier than using the triangle or skull alone. You will get beings to manifest more strongly with less energy.
There are two main ways such beings will appear when inhabiting the skull. Either trapped within to contain them if they are weaker or more dangerous or unpleasant to behold or of a nature where they need to be confined to manifest properly. Conceptual beings tend to be of this sort a reflection of sentience within a current of energy that only exists because of our perception. In this way you can hear the skull talking mentally the same as other evoked beings. The second way things tend to appear is projecting their form as a hologram from the crown of the skull which is how most stronger beings appear. Generally the process of evocation is the same as normal just with the skull to focus and aid in the act. Things can also be sealed within the skull and kept there for a time until released.

4 Likes