Experiences with the Great God Pan

Thought I’d start a thread for anyone who wanted to share their experiences with Pan.

I’ve been getting signs to work with the great god, but preparatory immersion hasn’t been the easiest as there is a lot of conflicting historical info.

PANPARADOX has proven to be a useful grimoire, but it leaves me wanting more…

My experience so far hasn’t been noteworthy enough to share; but if you have any experiences, I’d love to hear them!

1_u858epU3wF3CuaTqVj0kFA

1 Like

I worked with him as a Nature Intelligence and kind of the overarching deity for gardening through Michale Small Wrights Perelandra project.

I did not refer to any grimoires in the western occult tradition at all. I see him as older, more fundamental and I have a completely different attitude to him than anything I see in say, Crowley’s work. Ode to Pan is amusing but I mostly just find it silly and unhelpful from a practically magick perspective. I also see he and Cernunnos as aspects of the same energy. I did read up on the original Greek myths of Fauns, Satyrs etc. and formed some opinions about them, other Greek nature spirits, Fae and Djinn in relation. I also found some similarities between Azazel and Pan, though they are not the same, it’s almost like Azazel is a gardener of humans, also, horny goat aspects. :joy:

Here’s an excerpt from Pan on Planet Earth from the Perelandra gardening workbook:

2 Likes

Interesting take on the subject. It seems like Pan is an embodiment of pure nature, at least nature’s chaotic side.

2 Likes

Yeah, kind of the yang to Gaia’s yin, or one of them… does the giving and the impregnating and she does the receiving of the seed and the growing.

1 Like

Totally

2 Likes