Evidence of Baal worship in ancient Ireland?

The article I just read said that there is a connection between the Beltane fires and Ba’al worship. I got this from Atlantic religion.com

Anyone have any additional information?

Btw @DarkestKnight is this ok to send a screenshot of since I listed the source? I’m a little unclear about what can and can’t be posted Sir.

6 Likes

Yes, you’re fine :+1:

2 Likes

Bel and Dagon were Assyrian or Phonecian gods I believe. No relation to Baal of the qlippoth. That I know of.

3 Likes

Bael and Baal are related in my opinion.

4 Likes

The word just means “Lord”, so you have to figure out which lord the name means. Ba’al Hadad/Hadid and Ba’al Zebul were popular, but every city had one.

Personally, since lots of word look the same in different languages and aren’t related linguistcally, I go by calling up the entities and just compare energies and asking them. They know who they are.

3 Likes

Good suggestion,
Thank you

2 Likes

I think so too I swear I have a book that has those two spellings for that same entity.

1 Like

The Carthaginians traded extensively with the British Isles for tin as well Phoenicians before then. I believe the Phoenicians even founded a trading settlement in southern britain for a time. Perhaps they came to know of Baal through them who was worshiped by both.

1 Like

That sounds feasible…I had heard about Phoenician traders in the British isles somewhere else, I wasn’t aware of a permanent or semi permanent settlements though. I look into that. Thanks

1 Like