Enochian-Gnostic Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram

The Enochian system seems to be kind of a mindfuck tbh… the pentagram makes sense - elemental and planetary attributions; I wonder what made them assign the breasts to the bottom angles. I know that it is a planetary/elemental balancing and “attainment of authority” before any other operation so I guess if someone assigns the planets and the elements differently it moves the system around… I guess with the Geomancer’s Cross I can’t use Enochian chants, because in Enochian:

Spirit = Topmost point =Jupiter
Air = Upper left = Mercury
Water = Upper right = Mars
Earth = Lower left = Venus
Fire = Lower right = Sun

And in this geomancy-related system:

Spirit = Topmost point =Mercury
Air = Upper left = Mars
Water = Upper right = Venus
Earth = Lower left = Saturn
Fire = Lower right = Jupiter

1 Like

In their book they mention that they disagree with the Golden Dawn attributions, and actually believe Water should be in the East, as it is a symbol of life, but they made their Pentagram Ritual follow the Golden Dawn attributions because most people are familiar with them.

Enochian is a pretty robust system, which is why it has been shoehorned into everything from the New Age eclectic mishmash to Satanic rituals, so I don’t see why you couldn’t try it with the Geomancer’s Cross. You’d probably know pretty quickly whether it works with the geomantic attributions or not.

2 Likes

Hm, I understand the reasoning, but it still sounds weird to assign water to the East… :sweat_smile: I may try, but first I’ll have to study this geomancy-thing to have a better grasp on what-goes-where and then put together a basic practice of cross-pentagram-middle pillar and after that keyword-hexagram-headless/bornless etc.

1 Like

Yeah, me too. Maybe that’s why they put that particular titbit in their chapter notes, not in the text directly lol

When I started Damon Brand’s Enochian Success Magick, I went looking for an Enochian pentagram ritual to use in conjunction with it, and found many versions that contradict each other. One that I found only uses the banishing Earth pentagram, which apparently was the original version of the Golden Dawn until it was rewritten by Crowley.

1 Like

I can understand the reasoning behind that too, but still, it always felt like an obvious blind…

Edit: It also ingrained the habit in me, so that I’d use the Banishing Earth Pentagram in the Gnostic Pentagram Ritual lol

1 Like

I’d be interested in anything else you find so I hope you will update this thread.

1 Like

Will do, after I put together my Cross, I’ll definietly update this thread on the Pentagram Ritual and maybe post the other stuff too :smile:
The base is there, but the Words of Power are missing…

1 Like

I’ve been having good results with the Schueler’s version of the Pentagram Ritual, but i’m always looking to upgrade. :slight_smile:

Could any one eloborate on what it means for something magick related to have enochian attributed to it ,

Enochian is a magickal language, “the language of the angels” channeled by John Dee and his colleague Edward Kelley. With the language they channeled a system of correspondences and sometimes it may or may not differ from other systems, for example where certain planets are attributed on a pentagram and other stuff like that.

Edit: I’ve put Enochian in the title of this thread, because the ritual I’m working on uses the language - it is a potent language for rituals! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That makes sense , thanks , so like the runes and symbols they have sometimes in their hands , would be considered enochian ?

It’s kinda off-topic, but the weirdest idea came to me while reading - to write rhyming poetry in Enochian… :sweat_smile: Sounds like an interesting challenge or project which could be made into some sort of competition :thinking:

ON: I’ve sat with what I’ve learned yesterday and I think I’ll finish my cross and post it here today - if not, then maybe a few days later :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here it is! The other parts will come too, but first I revise the whole thing :grin:

Enochian Geomancer’s Cross

The Sign of Osiris Risen: The Pentagram

Your heels should be together and slightly angled to form a “V.” The arms are crossed on the breast, right over left, so the palms lie with the fingertips almost at the shoulders. The head is slightly bowed.
The Sign of Osiris Risen

The Sign of the Rending of the Veil

Extend the hands forward in front of you, with palms together facing outward. Slowly move your hands apart, as if opening a curtain.
The Sign of the Rending of the Veil

Full Enochian Script:

ZIRDO [I am]
BALYE [Salt]
DLASOD [Sulphur]
AUDCAL [Mercury]
CA AZOTH [Thus Azoth]
GOHED [Everlasting]

1. Begin standing, facing East, with a moment of meditation, arms at your sides with palms outward, shoulders back. Regulate your breathing pattern.
  2. Visualize growing larger and larger with every breath, until you are larger than the Universe itself and your head is basically in the Void. Look up and see bright, white light shining above your head - reach up and vibrate while continuously bringing it down towards your forehead: ZIR
  3. Touch your forehead. Visualize a sphere of bright, white light forming at the head. Vibrate: DOH
  4. Move your hands towards your groin, and when your hand reaches your heart, start vibrating (while moving towards your groin): BAL
  5. Touch the groin and point your fingers downwards. Visualize a sphere of light in the groin, with a beam of light connecting it to the sphere at the head. Vibrate: IYE
  6. Move your hand towards your right shoulder, when you reach your heart vibrate: DEH-LA
  7. Touch your right shoulder and visualize a sphere of light forming. Vibrate: SHOD
  8. Move your hand towards your left shoulder. When you reach your heart, start vibrating: AUD
  9. When you reached your left shoulder, visualize a sphere of light and vibrate: KAHL
  10. Touch the left hand to the right shoulder and the right hand to the left shoulder while slightly bowing your head (The Sign of Osiris Risen: The Pentagram). Visualize a very small but infinitely bright point at the intersection of the two beams of light in the body, joining them both together. Vibrate: KAH AH-ZOTH
  11. Open the hands and arms out forward and to the sides in a sweeping motion (The Sign of the Rending of the Veil). Visualize three beams of light emanating from that intersection point: an infinite vertical one passing through both the head and the groin, an infinite horizontal one passing through both the right shoulder and left shoulder, and an infinite beam passing through the chest forward and backward. Vibrate: GOH-HED
3 Likes

Enochian-Gnostic Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram

The Sign of Horus: The Enterer

Take a step forward with the left foot, and thrust the hands forward so they are perpendicular with the floor. This sign is often given when vibrating a god name in order to charge a pentagram.
The Sign of the Enterer

The Sign of Harpocrates: The Sign of Silence

The right foot is facing forward, with the left foot turned toward the left slightly behind it. Bring the right forefinger to the lips, like telling someone “shhh.” This is often done right after giving the sign of the Enterer, to cut off the energy channel created by charging a symbol.
The Sign of Silence

Do the Enochian Geomancer’s Cross.

1. Face East.
  2. Draw the Banishing Pentagram of Air with your hand in sword mudra or with your athame while visualizing the pentagram appearing before you in white light.
  3. Stab your hand or athame through the center of the pentagram (Sign of the Enterer) and vibrate: EX-AR-PE (EXARP) (and visualize the pentagram shining brighter and turning yellow)
  4. Make the Sign of Silence.
  5. Turn counter-clockwise to the North and draw the Banishing Pentagram of Earth in the air with white energy.
  6. Stab your hand or athame through the center of the pentagram (Sign of the Enterer) and vibrate: NA-EN-TA (NANTA) (and visualize the pentagram shining brighter and turning green)
  7. Make the Sign of Silence.
  8. Turn counter-clockwise to the West and draw the Banishing Pentagram of Water in the air with white energy.
  9. Stab your hand or athame through the center of the pentagram (Sign of the Enterer) and vibrate: HE-KO-MA (HCOMA) (and visualize the pentagram shining brighter and turning blue)
  10. Make the Sign of Silence.
  11. Turn counter-clockwise to the South and draw the Banishing Pentagram of Fire in the air with white energy.
  12. Stab your hand or athame through the center of the pentagram (Sign of the Enterer) and vibrate: BI-TO-EM (BITOM) (and visualize the pentagram shining brighter and turning red)
  13. Make the Sign of Silence.
  14. Turn counter-clockwise to the East and vibrate: AH-HAY-EN-BAY (EHNB) (and visualize yourself and the pentagrams shining brighter than before)

Sign of the Coronastrum

1. Face East and make the Sign of the Coronastrum above your head, then bring it down to the level of your heart.
  2. Visualize a yellow sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the East and feel a light breeze coming from it’s direction.
  3. (Vibrate) AHR-MOO-ZEHL! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN RAH-AH-SS-EE! (ARMOZEL! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN RAASY!) [Harmozel! Arise, Move and Appear in the East!]
  4. Visualize a blue sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the West and feel moist air coming from it’s direction.
  5. (Vibrate) DAH-VEH-TAY! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN SOH-BOH-ELN! (DAVETHAI! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN SOBOLN!) [Daveithe! Arise, Move and Appear in the West!]
  6. Visualize a green sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the North and feel the earthly energy coming from it’s direction.
  7. (Vibrate) OH-REE-YEL! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN LOO-KAH-EL! (ORIEL! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN LUCAL!) [Oraiael! Arise, Move and Appear in the North!]
  8. Visualize a red sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the South and feel the warm air coming from it’s direction.
  9. (Vibrate) ELL-ELL-ETH! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN BAH-BAH-JUH! (ELELETH! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN BABAGE!) [Eleleth! Arise, Move and Appear in the South!]

Take a few moments and feel the Luminary Archangels around you and lift the Sign of the Coronastrum from your heart to your Third Eye.

After that recite the following:
MEEK-MAH! LAHP ZEER EE-YAL-POH-RE AH-OH-EE-VAY-AH-HAY KAH-SAHR-MIGG BEE-AH KAH!
(MICMA! LAP ZIR IALPOR AOIVEAE CASARMG BIAH CA!) [meaning Behold! For I am as a flaming star who stands among you!]

Do the Enochian Geomancer’s Cross again.

4 Likes

What do you think @DarkestKnight? :grin:

The chants in the Cross can also be:

ZIRDO [I am]
LONDOH [Kingdom]
OD MICALZO [And Power]
OD BUSDIR [And Glory]
GOHED [Everlasting]

2 Likes

Ok, so the testing went without any problems - the earth energy from the north and the water energy from the west nearly knocked me off my feet :sweat_smile: This ritual works and it works well :grin:

2 Likes

After I did this first thing in the morning and went to the balcony for my morning coffee + smoke I noticed a bunch of pigeons in an area nearby and felt that I should look the meaning up - dream interpretations say that it’s a sign of gossip and fake news concerning me, which is weird, cuz I rarely interact with people lately :thinking:

2 Likes

Quick fix!

After some more research I re-attributed the Luminaries:

1. Face East and make the Sign of the Coronastrum above your head, then bring it down to the level of your heart.
  2. Visualize a yellow sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the East and feel a light breeze coming from it’s direction.
  3. (Vibrate) ELL-ELL-ETH! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN RAH-AH-SS-EE! (ELELETH! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN RAASY!) [Eleleth! Arise, Move and Appear in the East!]
  4. Visualize a blue sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the West and feel moist air coming from it’s direction.
  5. (Vibrate) DAH-VEH-EE-TAY! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN SOH-BOH-ELN! (DAVEITHAI! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN SOBOLN!) [Daveithe! Arise, Move and Appear in the West!]
  6. Visualize a green sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the North and feel the earthly energy coming from it’s direction.
  7. (Vibrate) AHR-MOO-ZEHL! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN LOO-KAH-EL! (ARMOZEL! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN LUCAL!) [Harmozel! Arise, Move and Appear in the North!]
  8. Visualize a red sphere of light forming in the center of the pentagram in the South and feel the warm air coming from it’s direction.
  9. (Vibrate) OH-ROY-YA-EL! TOH-RU-ZUH ZAH-KAH-RR OD ZAHM-RAN BAH-BAH-JUH! (OROIAEL! TORZU ZACAR OD ZAMRAN BABAGE!) [Oroiael! Arise, Move and Appear in the South!]

Also, fun trivia from the research: Adoil the Primordial Light was white, Archa the Primordial Darkness was red, mixing the two we get something similar to pink and from some accounts I’ve heard that sexual energy tends to be pink, so the Azoth=sexual energy/kundalini confirmed?

3 Likes

Hmm…looks good. If you don’t mind, I may experiment with this. You’re using more Enochian than the Schuler’s version of the Lesser Pentagram Ritual, and different Names at the cardinal points.

1 Like