Energy work and fighting

I’m currently into wing chun kung fu So yes I am aware of Qi gong. Since Qi gong literally means “energy work” doesn’t that mean we could theoretically as practitioners use other techniques of energy work for fighting with similar uses to Qi gong? Making strikes harder ect.

On top of my conditioning of course because who would attempt to punch a pile of bricks with in conditioned bones. Not that I’d slap bricks anyway but you know what I mean.

I am There are tons of different techniques of energy work.

My main question is how would one put any style of energy work into a strike. I’d say someone who does martial arts as well may have an answer for me on here. Thank you guys.

1 Like

Yes. Look into Aikido, and if you want to get vicious about it, Torite Justu, which combines an understanding of the meridians and acupuncture points to mess with the energy body using strikes and directed energy.

You don’t need to start with bricks, you can buy training boards at martial arts stores. The point of this is to break the board with energy not brute force.

1 Like

Fill your hands with chi and when you strike, send that chi into your opponent.

1 Like

Hey thought Id chime in, I been practicing Brazilian jui jitsu and judo about 7 years mixed in with eight limbs Muay thai and pure boxing and spent a lil time folk wrestling too and did akido a bit when I was a kid. I personally do a lot of visualization of techniques and breath work empowering the specific part of the body used in a attack or movement. I don’t think you would have time to charge any chi energy to use in a fight, it would have to be practiced and worked with before hand and with martial arts practicing your techniques are essential in growing also trying to apply in it sparring. I talk to my dieties who give me tips to sharpen myself and they also give me a intuitive feel for my opponent before sparring so I can decide how I’m gonna approach. Everything is energy is a concept I use like if Im on a guy holding him down Ill make myself super heavy and drain him of his energy until he is weak then use the same energy to apply a submission. While I’m not discounting energy points and meridians strikes but the likely possiblity of that working are low and I rarely seen any one successful with it your better of trying to strike weak points and soft vulnerable spots in the body, you would have to practice that pressure point strike 10000 times then I would be like yea there’s good chance you’ll get it off if your opponent does hit you first.

I didn’t think anyone’s chi could be physically strong enough to do that.

That’s awesome.
Probably takes a lot of special training or something to make your chi that powerful.

Watch the shoalin monk priests

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be strong, only focused. It’s basically the same premise behind the dim mak. the supposed “death touch.” You project your energy into your opponent to cause internal damage.

In the book Nei Kung, by the author Kostas Danaos, he describes a story about a couple of students of the Mo Pai who were attacked and wound up killing their attackers. When the cause of death was investigated, it turned out the attackers had died of a heart attack, caused by the student’s chi.

2 Likes

Alright. I probably will if I find them on YouTube.
I will try to remember to search for that.

They’re really interesting to check out I always wanted to visit there temple in China.

Pyrokenesis is amazing too with them

I wonder how long something like that would take to master anyway. Probably years

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight That’s cool.
But yeah it would have to be super focused because the energy density has to be high enough to effect physical matter.

I said strong but probably should have said super condensed.

@Sacredblood_old that was pretty cool.
Wasn’t able to read everything it said but I think I basically got the idea.

Just build up and focus chi into or between the hands and then power load it all into the material you intend to burn.

Also is there any difference between chi and every other type of energy?
Every description of chi I can find seems to suggest it’s not exactly life energy but actually just energy in general.

The Navel chakra ( the actual navel ) is the chakra that stores the bodies energy reserves. When it comes to fighting or anything physical, it’s best to pull from there or the base chakra ( tailbone ) .