Ed and Lorraine Warren

So if any of you have ever watched the conjuring then you know who these two famous Christians and demonologists were. They exerosised demons and they also collected dangerous artifacts that were and are possessed by demons and some objects used in satanic rituals. What is your guy’s take on them? They really put a bad name on Demons and the paranormal in my opinion. The Annabell doll is among those objects. Quite interesting.

Here are some pictures of the Warren’s, Annabell, and their Museum. They apparently have to have a priest come and bless the Museum every month.

Elw_photo-330

1eb6ea7f103229a851c16590cc8ebc08

7 Likes

The paranormal is rarely unbiased. Most of the time people research and experiment in this field to confirm their beliefs, not to find the truth. That goes both ways. Not only Christians or religious researchers. People who believe Demons are the “good guys”, for example, also do the same.

6 Likes

If my memory is correct I believe their daughter is now in charge of said items. I know Lorraine has passed. I think Ed has as well. I believe the daughter is supposed to have them blessed weekly. Now don’t hold me to that I can’t remember where I heard and seen that.

Everyone has different views. I personally don’t view the items as “bad” like they make them out, but that’s my opinion. They are simply a vessel. Everyone is free to believe what they feel is right.

8 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I don’t think items like that are necessarily bad unless it ends up in bad hands. Then again, im never going near that fucking doll lol.

7 Likes

Isn’t being a ‘medium’ or using any type of psychic/clairvoyance skills considered blasphemy according to the church??

The concept of a Christian demonologist always makes me giggle a bit, but I always got a good vibe from Lorraine whenever I watched her personal interviews. I think it’s cool they brought awareness to the subject, and I think they were just a product of their time when it comes to ignorance of spirits.

11 Likes

Yeah, I always felt like Lorraine Warren seemed like a chill person. I’d certainly would have liked to have a long conversation with her. She’s one of the few Christians I can tolerate in this world. Too bad she passed :frowning:

5 Likes

While they succeeded in bringing awareness to the paranormal/occult, I think more than anything they gave it a bad name. Like most “paranormal investigators”, they adhered to Christianity and anything practiced outside of that was labeled as “evil” by them. It’s the same thing with prominent shows like Ghost Adventures

6 Likes

If the people who used the objects in ritual were wanting a malevolent xtian-type “demon” then I’m sure that’s what they would get.

Objects pick up energies. I’m not surprised that they had such an extensive collection.

Regardless of my difference in belief I think it’s great that the Warren’s went around helping people in need. And I’d love to check out that room in person…

4 Likes

She looks like a doll I always imagined and wanted as a child. Exactly.

I want her.

6 Likes

Lol I would visit their Museum in a heartbeat. Time to go break some demons out of prison​:joy::joy:

6 Likes

Right?! :laughing:

The shithead in me is thinking of all the mischief one could cook up with a collection like that.

But the rest of me is too old for that crap.

6 Likes

Lmfao

2 Likes

Is that a tarot card on the side of her case??? I can’t make it out.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the devil card. They have that and three crosses as well as a prayer to Michael the archangel on the dolls case. The crosses are supposed to represent the Trinity. While the prayer is a added layer of protection. Not too sure why they have a tarot card on the case though.

I swear, Christians are just a bunch of in denial sorcerers

3 Likes

I think I own a doll that kinda looks like that…assuming mom hasn’t randomly decided to give more of my stuff away to my cousins or something. (Kinda doubtful as I got it from her, she herself got it from my grandma, who’s mom actually made it :thinking:)

2 Likes

She looks like Ragady Anne.

2 Likes

I think that’s what Annabell actually is, not taking the ghost/demon into account.

3 Likes

Is anyone else wondering why they didn’t burn them?

2 Likes

I’m assuming that burning a cashcow wasn’t that desirable.

3 Likes

I have this (admittedly irrational) gnosis that all porcelain dolls are secretly vessels for evil entities. Annabelle dolls too. The more of those fuckers get confiscated and destroyed or purified, the better, I say.

Also, I’m not 100% certain how many of their cases were legit or not. It’s one of those things where you’d have to be there.

If at least some of them are true, I’m going to say this: it’s very likely that (as Christians) they thought every entity that was causing trouble was a demon, but keep in mind that demons (and other types of spirits) don’t have a moral compass like humans do. They’ll only resort to it if it’s necessary.

I’m not justifying demon bashing, but that doesn’t mean that every last one of them is an innocent precious baby that can do no wrong and must be protected 24/7.

4 Likes