E. A. Koetting's Youtube Channel Suspension

Not going to lie, I was expecting heavy metal to be at blame somewhere in the bbc piece when I was first reading it. It would have fit the theme of let’s blame everything except the killer.

8 Likes

Hey! I resemble that remark as a metal head lol

3 Likes

The latest information is that we’ll get updates here on this forum as we know more.

Alternative platforms are also being looked into.

5 Likes

Lol I’m a metal head too :rofl: but I’m sure he meant it in good humor

As my comment with horror movies. I literally binge watch them atleast Halloween gives me an excuse

3 Likes

Ya it does. I’m partial to the Nightmare on Elm Street series myself. I never really dug Michael Myers or Jason but everyone has their own preferences when it comes to horror movies.

Add: any ideas on if they’ll remake them? They’ve started remaking almost everything else.

Add: nix that. I think the horror movie topic belongs in the other thread.

1 Like

Lol I did, as I enjoy metal as well.

2 Likes

@Dralukmun I know you did. That’s why I took it in jest.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: This Forum being reported in a negative light in the UK

Is there a chance they can ban this forum as well?

I know this is probably hosted separately but can the govt have a knee jerk reaction and affect this?

A post was merged into an existing topic: This Forum being reported in a negative light in the UK

No no I understand that. But hope this doesn’t snowball into something stupid. Just saw that Facebook and Instagram have also removed EA’s page.

I think YouTube Facebook and Instagram are all owned by the same person or conglomerate. So it probably won’t happen to the this site (it being removed) as if I understood correctly it’s serviced from a different platform by a different group (and it’s not a government group that did the banning/pulling EA’s stuff).

1 Like

The only time I’ve seen the government swoop in to take a website down in recent memory was Backpage.com…and that was mainly due to legit prostitution that was going on through the website…but even that took many years of investigation to finally shut it down. The odds of the BALG forum having the same fate over this recent episode is pretty much non-existent. However, this doesn’t mean that whoever hosts EA’s website couldn’t decide tomorrow that they no longer wish to do business with BALG (which is their right) and that could potentially be a problem…but there are other web hosting platforms that he could move to. I’ve only ever seen one website get collectively banned from web hosting sites to the point where they were forced onto the dark web…and they were a fairly openly violent group if I recall.

6 Likes

Just an FYI for folks…youtube is owned by Google, and Instagram is owned by Facebook. Google and Facebook are their own separate entities

6 Likes

Ok. So not a group of owners all huddling around a conference table together (aka not a conglomerate). Got it . @Verdo thanks for letting me know

2 Likes

lmbooo

Facebook and instagram has the same owners but youtube is owned by Google

4 Likes

At least I got 1 thing right.t That It isn’t anything to do with any governments it’s all businesses related. Just a bunch of dweebs in suits worrying an advertiser may pull out (in other words dweebs in suits worrying about their wallets taking a hit).

Add: and to think I used to wanna be one of them rich suit wearing dweebs :stuck_out_tongue:

Extra add: I’m not saying all suit wearers are dweebs so any suit wearers here definitely aren’t cuz we’re into interesting non mainstream stuff like magick. Only some are and they’re not the types to be here on this forum or any ones similar

1 Like

Bingo and this isn’t the first time they’ve done something like this before. All they needed was a reason and this UK guy provided the valid justified reason they were looking for. EA needs to go odyssey or some other platform that aren’t all owned by the same people or are in cahoots with each other.

4 Likes

But there leadership and company culture’s has certain well known political leanings so they are hardly impartial.

2 Likes