E. A. Koetting's Youtube Channel Suspension

I was responding g in agreement with @Brand_New ’s statement of possible next steps and then it went somewhere else else.

2 Likes

So where’s the best deal for the nine gatekeepers series full load?
I think Balg is %70 off right now right?

1 Like

And Black Friday is coming up pretty soon as well.

1 Like

That was my thought this is stuff they have done long before any issues.

1 Like

Listening to “the grudge” by tool while reading all of this lolz

4 Likes

We’re getting off topic here.

Can you take the chatter to this thread please?

3 Likes

Sorry about that
Im "ADD"Ing like crae crae

But back on topic. So there’s probably nothing to fear of this site being taken down. Is there anything we can do as a community to help

3 Likes

I believe in ea! He will bounce back stronger than ever like he usually does!

6 Likes

Until we find out if the videos will have a new home, we’re just hanging tight for now.

I expect they could always to with as many Patreon subs as possible, or people buying some merch off the website, helping out financially. Everything about hosting web sites costs money, incluing keeping the right to use the web domain name becomealivinggod .com which you pay for again and again, year on year, or someone else can take it.

A long time ago, from early 2013 and before, this forum was behind a paywall and there were no ads. The rules could be less PC because of that. But it was only accessible to those few people who already knew they were committed to magick and could afford it, and it was hard for newbies to test the waters. Now it’s free and has some ads to help.

We don’t know if a move to another video streaming services is needed yet or what it would cost, but if so, they’d have to pay web site admins to do the work to set it up, buy new subscriptions to services, all that stuff.

5 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.
Is petitioning spirits to help alright? It’s a large community but I typically don’t do magic for others unless I have permission. Mabye less so people and more so processes and truth?

3 Likes

How much was it and how much will it be if it might be again?

1 Like

I think petitioning an entity would be a fine idea :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t know, it was before my time, being 8 or so years ago. I don’t think that’s on the cards, tbh. :thinking:

BALG want to get real magick to as many people who can use it as possible, and the forum helps people help each other to do that. The free videos are also part of it. There’s not much money in making books, but they help keep it all going. They support the forum for us so we can get on with it. :smiley:

If (big if) they need us to help them out in turn I suspect enough of us will show up to do so, but it might looks more like a donations thing maybe, or through merch.

In the meantime, having a few of us pick up a tee or something probably wouldn’t hurt :slight_smile: I have a lot of graphic tees from supporting my fave content providers that way myself, so maybe that’s why it occurs to me. :smiley:

7 Likes

I can’t buy that kinda merch. Books yes but nothing visible due to where I live. Well maybe a coffee mug or something. I’ll buy all his books even if I won’t be able to read them all at once.

1 Like

I just had a post removed on this topic. Are moderators not allowing people to discuss the politics of this situation? If so, why not? Just looking for some clarification.

1 Like

[Mod hat on] Please keep it apolitical folks. We don’t know the full story, and it’s not a good time start finger pointing.

6 Likes

But some of the facts are known. You don’t want people expressing political opinions?

1 Like

Yeah politics are bad jo jo

2 Likes

Says so in the OP… “civil and apolitical”. :+1:

We have so far managed to talk about it for 150 posts without playing the blame game, we’re looking for more unity not less here.

3 Likes

No, we don’t.

Political discussions have been banned on this forum for years now, and we aren’t going to make an exception for this thread.

6 Likes