Dream where a man came up to me and performed a magical feat and told me to meet him at the lodge,

Hey Mike one last question. Ive been invoking instead of banishing with the lbrp. I feel like taking in those energies is overall better. I also visualize a sphere of protection as well though. Whats the big difference in your opinion from the invoking and banishing when it comes to the lbrp? and do you mind if I ever DM you for advice?

1 Like

Yeah I meant astral projecting

I keep trying but I actually don’t think perhaps I’ve developed my light body enough yet personally

But seems very wise to do what Mike said - it’s something I always do if trying apart from few occasions when I get reckless :joy:

1 Like

Reason I bought the book up is he goes into the order the golden dawn teach things and why and what they’re for etc and his experience of the rituals

2 Likes

Yea when it happened I was like wtf was that! lol. I also read somewhere that Pisces make excellent magicians and thats what I am so maybe ill reach the point of true enlightenment in this life, even though I dont think anyone can really grasp the concept without experiencing it.

2 Likes

You will trace the star differently to invoke, this is the outer wand of power for the golden dawn. I made mine for less than ten dollars materials and an hour of work. This Tool trains you how to feel and focus your forces banishing and invoking. Now you don’t need this tool but I can say it helped me.Outer-Wand1

2 Likes

Yea I know the difference in the tracing of the pentagram. It took me a bit to finally do it from the top down because I’ve always drew a star bottom up lol. I have a wand I carved from my mary jane plant but I dont use it. I just use my 2 fingers. My question to you though is whats the major difference in your opinion between the banishing and the invoking? I would assume that when you invoke you are still shielding yourself from negative energy, no? Like I said brother I’m no pro and always looking to learn more from people who have been through the trenches so to speak

awesome did you finish it? if you did, did you get a lot of value from it?

2 Likes

Think of it like banishing is a force that sends something away from you,

Invoking is bringing a force to you or inside you

1 Like

I’m reading it now but huge amounts of value as I kinda got a decent guide now without joining an order yet of what I would be doing in terms of ceremonial magick if I had in the different grades

1 Like

Don’t worry about not being a pro the important thing is getting out of the reading chair and PRACTICING magick.

Using two fingers is how I do it now so your on the right track

2 Likes

I really wanted to do like a one on one apprenticeship of some sort with someone I could meet locally and learn from. Doesn’t seem like thats gonna happen anytime soon though. Especially with current world events

2 Likes

You’ll get Alot out of this essay

2 Likes

Yea I started with candles, incents etc. in the very beginning but now I’ve gotten to the point where I dont feel I need them. The tailismans and sigils I still use though for different things. Do you by chance have any experience with the black pullet mike?

1 Like

awesome Ill check it out thanks man

1 Like

I personally feel youd have enough to go on with the book to work it out

I mean I began with NAP thought huh this seems simplified so went on YouTube and searched here till I learned LBRP, KC, And MP the fuller way

Assume I can do the same with the others

Least I got a better idea why I’m doing it now

2 Likes

I just bookmarked this page so I can reference back to it. dont want to lose all the good info I got from you and Mike

2 Likes

Yes I’ve worked love magick With the black pullets talismans, very effective

1 Like

I’m not a LHP master, and I don’t consider myself an Adept. I’m just like you, a student on a journey following my own dark star

1 Like

I feel like the ones who know the most say they know the least! have you heard of the dunning krugar efffect. Where intelligent people think they dont have the answers and the idiots think they are geniuses? Same probably applies to the magickal world. Im always weary when somebody says they know everything. but when a wise man says he knows nothing I listen!

Dunning and kruger, yes when you’re not aware that you’re unaware or incompetent

1 Like