Dragons Blood: uses, attributes, etc

Greetings everybody! I’ve decided that i will start posting some things on occasion that may help the newbies. Soon i may post a thread of some of my own spells :slight_smile: and for anybody already interested, i recently posted a jar spell that helps musical creativity

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/deathcrushs-spell-jar-for-musical-inspiration/89516

Anyways, lets get on with this!

Soo, dragons blood. Where does it come from? Straight from the name it sounds like its blood the mightiest knight collected from a dragon he slayed. But its actually tree resin, blood-red in color, and mainly from different tropical tree species fittingly named “dragon trees”. This resin has been adored by people for thousands of years for its many uses.

What are its uses, you say? Its been used as a dye, for health, spiritual/magickal reasons, etc. Health wise, long ago it was basically a cure-all, from wound healing to digestive issues, respitory issues, and more. But with more research in the modern era its been found that the thing it mostly helps with is digestion.

Magic wise, it is widely used by many faiths and practices. In this case its definitley a cure-all in magic. For me personally i burn it as an incense often. Its associations include:

*Exorcisms/banishings

*Protection

*Love and sex magic

*Amping up your spells in general

*Good fortune

*Healing

*Connecting with the element of fire (can be used if you don’t have a candle at hand)

Some ideas for using dragons blood:

*burn it as an incense (powdered or resin) to clear your place of dodgy-type energies.

*burn the incense during your spellwork to have added power

*make dragons blood into ink, where you can use it for spells that require writing things. Also great to do when writing in a Book of Shadows.

*Add dragons blood powder or a couple drops of it as an oil into a sachet/mojo bag that involves love or protection.

*burn the incense before bed to increase vivid dreams.

*blessing ritual tools by moving them through the incense smoke

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

im always burning dragon blood. it always on my altar. day and night. the only one i use.

2 Likes

its my main one too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just having a conversation about Dragon’s Blood earlier today. Any tips on how to make ink out of it?

1 Like

A form of creating the ink is through 1 part powdered dragons blood (preferably grinded up yourself with intent) and then add it to equal part gum arabic, then bit by bit mix in some alcohol so you can get the ink to the right consistency for writing. Then strain through a finest-grain metal strainer. To store it you can put the ink in a tightly closed glass bottle so the ink doesnt dry up or the alcohol evaporate.

Some people also mix in their recipies other oils like cinnamon or myrrh for any extra effect.

1 Like