Doubts about Goetia part two

Hi to all,

I have the following doubts about Goetia ritual:

1-The Pentagram engraved upon the front side, the spirit’s seal on the back, Is that necessary?.

2-What does it mean make equilibrating pentagram of spirit active?.

Does it means that before make the preliminary invocation I should make the Pentagram or is during the invocation?. I imagine me in the circle of Solomon drawing a Pentagram.

3- Should I use the wand during the invocation?.

4-Can I use a printed notebook in the left hand to read the invocations?.

5-And, What about the final step of the banishing ritual of the pentagram?.

Thanks in advance.

Who will you be banishing…the one you called?

Yes, the one I called.

That is one of the Golden Dawn pentagrams. Should be explained in the text you are using.

If you’re using a specific system, like the Golden Dawns work, yes you should try to follow it precisely, especially when you’re starting out and just learning it.

If you don’t like it, find a different system that does work for you. E.g. Asenath Masons systems don’t specify a lot of extra paraphernalia if I recall.

1 Like

Hi Maulbeere,

Thanks for reply.

But, When?, Before or in the ritual?, I mean draw it.

It is during the AIr, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit invocations.

I wouldn’t know, I personally don’t use the Solomonic methods, or the Golden Dawn system and gave my copy of the book away.
I use EA Koetting’s system as found in Evoking Eternity, which has some roots in Solomonic magik but is more amenable to creating real and mutually beneficial relationships with entities, instead of trying to treat them like scary monsters that have to be coerced and controlled.

If I was going to guess, draw your pentagram and activate/charge it after opening the circle and before invoking.

4 Likes

It’s called a pentagam of Spirit. SO you would draw it when you call to Spirit. This is probably from Crowley’s version of the Bornless Ritual. You call the Spirits of Air in the East and draw the Invoking Air pentagram, turn to the South for Fire, West for Water, North for Earth et cetera. Then, you turn your head to the skies (where Spirit is) and trace the Spirit pentagram in the air above you.

EDIT
Draw in this case means trace in the air.
What text are you using?

It is the Bornless Ritual. I red it in the DuQuette’s book of Goetia. I red it because I’ve found answers. Of course the enochian part it is not for me. But it describes an accessible way to conjure the demons. Is that right?, if not I would like to ask if buy a copy of Evoking Eternity is fine to do it.

Well. The ritual should be properly explained in that book.

There is no Enochian in the Bornless ritual. Don’t know what you mean.

@Mulberry has just said that she uses it and she knows, so.

1 Like

Many thanks for reply. Now, please, Can you ask that questions?:

3- Should I use the wand during the invocation?.

4-Can I use a printed notebook in the left hand to read the invocations?.

5-And, What about the final step of the banishing ritual of the pentagram?.

6-Should I use candles or incense?.

3: If you want to
4: Of course those are a lot of words to memorize
5: What do you mean? The final step of the banishing ritual of the pentagram…What about it?
6: If you want to. Most people do, and I do too.

5: What do you mean? The final step of the banishing ritual of the pentagram…What about it?

I attach the text of the book:

After you have given the Spirit its instructions give it permission to go and get to work for you. The classic License to Depart contains words to the effect…

"Depart now and be ready to come whenever I call you up whether it be in the Triangle or not. Go! Go peaceably without causing harm to me or my loved-ones. "

After this you free yourself from the feeling you experienced when you first sensed the Spirit’s presence. The state of mind you aimed for at the beginning of the ceremony must be gone. “Snap
out of it!-NOW”

Once you have returned to an objective, “waking consciousness,” perform again the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram and disasemble the Temple. Remove the Seal from the Triangle and place It In the location you have prepared for it.

6: If you want to. Most people do, and I do too.

Where should I place the candles and incense?.

Have you ever done any ritual before?

Do you know what the LBRP is and what it is intended to do? It says here to perform the Banishing Ritual again, so you would have started with that also.

Where would you normally place your candles and incense…?

I have to buy the book, I never perform it yet.

Begin at the center of the circle in the square of Tiphareth. Recite
what is in bold type only.

Is the square of Tipharet in the Solomon’s circle?.

I would place the candles in each corner of the circle and the incense in the triangle.

I can not give you an answer that would satisfy you, because you would only ask another 6 questions.

Other users have given you other options that are less ceremonial and thus less complicated. In this thread and in your previous one where you asked the same questions.

In my opinion, if you haven’t learned the LBRP by heart (by doing it often…) you shouldn’t try to do the Bornless One. But don’t take it from me. Like I wrote, others have given you other options that hopefully are easier to understand.

Good luck

Ok!, you have answered all my questions and now I have the doubts clear.

If u got the magick books . It tells you the whole process. Don’t mix and match. EAch book is it’s own system until u understand better of magick. GOM books are very safe. It’s easy and basically fail proof in casting.

Also . ask yourself why you casting? what’s your purpose. what’s the bornless ritual for? I don’t use it. It’s not part of the solomon Bornless Ritual - Wikipedia

1 Like

Whate are the GOM books?.

This is the DuQuette’s book quote:

I had a real problem with the conjurations as they appeared in
The Lesser Key of Solomon. I was sure that it would be unnecessary
for me to mindlessly parrot the tedious series of conjurations
precisely as they are written in the text. The endless intonations are
obviously intended to do two things: (1) reinforce the operator’s
belief that he has a “divine right” to call forth and control the Spirit
and (2) put the operator in an altered state of consciousness
whereby he can see and communicate with the Spirit. I was confident
that I could achieve both these states without the tiresome
archaic language and the references to Old Testament characters
for whom I had neither emotional attachment nor respect.
I resolved to simply perform a thorough banishing, then open the
Temple with Crowley’s Preliminary Invocation of the Goetia (see
Chapter Seven), which I had already memorized as part of the ceremonies
of the consecration of my magical weapons. Then, “intoxicated”
by the Barbarous Words of Evocation, I would simply concentrate
upon the Triangle and call forth