Does drinking coffee regularly actually affect your astral senses?

But I totally agree with you that you shouldn’t buy and eat artificial crap, but eat good quality natural food. Real food.
If you can.

here in Egypt … every thing is available …
you can buy the rose from a gardener …
the incense from a specific person.
the food from a farmer.
the honey from the original producer … etc.

1 Like

While some people can sleep after having coffee, I personally stay up for a day or two after one strong shot… it means no astral for me since I am so into the physical and my conscious mind is over active! My monkey brain goes on a rampage if I have nothing to solve or work on! So any spirit communication cannot be trusted unless its in the form of tarot but still my moneky brain wanna fill in the blanks…
As soon as the caffeine wears off I get headaches and I feel my energy slamming me…
Tea is my friend more than coffee… but yeah sometimes to get through the day a dose of coffee is needed, so do what you need to do to perform in the physical then think about the spiritual!
Limit the coffee on mornings and rituals/spiritual work at night to make sure it doesn’t affect your magick!

5 Likes

Read a book called caffeine blues.

In moderation, I have found no change in my astral senses in the past. Beyond that, it depends on the individual. I have been finding that it has effected me negatively in general (both my physical health and my focus) to drink one and a half pots a day so I have been cutting back to a few cups throughout the day.

5 Likes

For the record, everything we take into our bodies affects us in some way. From the quality of air we breathe, to the food we eat, to the water and other liquids we drink, there is nothing that we take in that does not have some effect, whether beneficial, detrimental, or negligible.

The tendency to go “one size fits all” for diets and health advice, though, has been proven to be generally inaccurate and false, because what is harmful for one person may be beneficial for another. Take drugs, for example. It is well known in research circles that medical drugs do not benefit everyone who takes them; they generalise from a sample of the population.

in today’s world, the soil is generally depleted so plants and vegetables that are homegrown have less nutrients than our ancestors would have received, and there is absolutely no feasible way for the majority of people to grow their own food properly, and its foolhardy to claim otherwise. There is nothing wrong with shopping at the supermarket, and “buying organic” is a bit of a misnomer because all vegetables are organic, even the genetically modified ones.

As far as caffeine goes, it is present in a variety of foods, like the kola nut, which has been used for hundreds of years by tribesman in West Africa for its stimulating effects.

Like @Dralukmun mentioned, it is really individual when it comes to what may or may not be harmful for you. Hindu sages, for example, swear by vegetarian diets, but most Westerners are not designed for that because our bodies are genetically adapted for colder climates, where animal fats are necessary for survival.

Personally, I think it is really trial and error, and there is no one right way that fits every body. Too much of anything is detrimental to proper functioning, even things needed for life, like water. I have found that I can function fine with my daily energy drinks, and they have minimal effect on my ability to enter trance and perform magick. That may not hold true for someone else though.

11 Likes

What I meant with that was food from certain brand with really strict standarts though. They use no artificial fertiliser and stuff.
You’re right though, there is no one diet that fits all.

1 Like

People on this forum, especially back in the very early days, used to take more class A’s than an average city impounds in a year and they did just fine! :laughing:

Meth, heroin, you name it, some old-timer was maxing it out and still cranking out raw power. Afaik E.A. himself has taken the occasional recreational substance. :thinking:

And from personal experience, I routinely did some great stuff while getting fucked up on two bottles of strong red wine a day, and now I’m sober, have been for ages, and it’s not any different. :woman_shrugging:

IMO the things to avoid are fluorides outside foods (wine is high in it, so’s tea) - the inorganic stuff in toothpaste, fluoridated tapwater, they’re harder on the body, and I found tramadol (prescribed) slammed the shutters down, but that could just have been because I wasn’t accustomed to it.

I think there’s more danger in treating your psychic senses like some delicate flower that needs to be kept in a purified state, because that gives you something to worry about, and worry of that kind is seldom helpful. :wink:

The only thing you need to do magick is the Fuck You current that rises up, right from your perineum, up your spine, and bends the universe to its will. Everything else is just fluff and aesthetics.

12 Likes

Magicians have long classified sugar as a drug. It is best avoided.
You’re better than me, because I add milk.
Have you tried cold brew? It’s awesome! I make cold brew concentrate, leave overnight; add ice and a little milk and sip my way to consciousness with a bowl of Virginia pipe tobacco.

Anyway, my astral senses are pretty hopeless and mostly have been; so maybe caffeine is to blame.

Al.

4 Likes

I often add milk, too. :cow2:

1 Like

Lol I can’t survive without my morning milktea and night cold milk!

1 Like

I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day and smoke like a freight train and my magic works just fine :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Ayeeee same just with Reign.

2 Likes

Yes i also use coffee and ‘whatever‘ i sometimes feel like and Ofcourse it affects my magick but not always in a negative way… actually it works a little harder spiritually if i am less healthy… when i have my healthy periods drinking only raw milk and eating good grassfed beef my magick tends to be more folkish and direct.

I think drug is just a label… :joy: and irrelevant … we will experience things on our path and battle things , all is needed to enlighten us in things we As ‘temporary individuals’ might still be blocked in… (if that is understandable English :joy:) … in simple words… have your coffee… just be aware of yourself

2 Likes

If you can’t handle yourself on a cup of coffee… should you even attempt having a conversation with lets say one of the 9 gatekeepers?

Why not? Are they working for the coffee industry?

2 Likes

No i meen if you as a fragile little being gets to agitated or nervous after a cup of coffee to be sure of your own abilities then you are probably not gonna have the balls or guts to deal with a god or demon from the infernal empire… unless you’re one of those that thinks demons and gods are cuddly beings with human ethics morals and values… then i said nothing

Hm. That’s like saying 2+2=bread.

2 Likes

Why? I’m just saying if you can’t handle little shifts in mood from minor drugs or sugars etc that dealing with real spirits is gonna also be hard for one to handle… a very logical assumption imo