Do you tell anyone about your craft?

You could always use magick to make her more open to this spiritual side, at least at first and then go on from there.

2 Likes

I just confessed to my wife. Read the post above

3 Likes

All my friends know what am I doing.I don’t hide.I help them a lot ! Two of them are getting married thanks to me.One of them found a job etc…

Ohh damn I didn’t read the full thread… good luck!

1 Like

Yeah, im nervous as fuck right now.

2 Likes

I think this is the love or loss part you were telling me about from your reading.

2 Likes

I’m looking for the PM now to check again…

1 Like

Looking back at the chart I think I can see it, there’s a major change, but the aftermath is a period of happiness… so going with that, hoping she will accept your path

1 Like

Im hoping so, shes my soulmate and I have a feeling that shes in fucking awe right now.

1 Like

Shit… I’m also waiting to see how this turns out

1 Like

I don’t hide anything but I don’t flaunt it either, if someone asks I’ll tell them, if they don’t I don’t make it a topic. I don’t like the paranoia of “what will happen if I tell them” idea, nor do I like the overly “dont share with peasants” mentality some “magicians” have.

If the the topic were to come up then yeah I’d talk about it no reason to hide it.

1 Like

Only my sister and one friend knows. I don’t explain much of it though

I personally would never bring it up as no one would believe me. I do feel it is important to be honest. Do you plan on going public? Has anyone ever asked you if you practice Witchcraft or magic? Why would anyone ask?

Most people are cynics by nature even with traditional religion, even if you brought forward the fact that you practice the dark arts not that they believe that you could summon anything or effect change with a spell or casting.

Are you openly wearing occult jewelry that someone would make an inquiry? I can’t see anyone bringing this up in general conversation where they work or even with family members as they would be fearful of ridicule. I think you should be honest with your closest family as I have learned that many have disputes and learn the hard way that magic is very real. Many are secretive about their practice and very few will disclose their knowledge especially for baneful work or hexes for revenge.

4 Likes

That actually happened to me. Not by random, of course :smiley: (plenty of talks about certain places and certain lore and certain books and certain unsolved happenings and certain other “hidden” coloured things and that he roams certain areas of this country on a regular basis because of the mythology connected to it - it just happened after that. He is a sceptic at heart, tho and I must confess that it makes it even easier because he is not asking for proof every five minutes. I might or might not let out the part about spirit workings, though…)

4 Likes

A coworker brought it up to me mainly because my necklace is my personal sigil lol

2 Likes

I’m 50/50 with it. Some of my friends know that I am practicing witchcraft, my mom knows, my aunt knows…but my co-workers don’t, the woman I’m trying to get back so hard doesn’t know that I’m into witchcraft but, does know I walk amongst spirits. I wear the sigils of Lord Lucifer & Lord Asmodeus but I keep them hidden from my patients also

1 Like

The one time this happened to me was when I was attending some night classes, the subject of magic was brought up, I alluded to some rituals and was laughed at, they then started talking about the Harry Potter movies and the X Files TV show and how telepathy does exist with certain individuals. What a joke.

3 Likes

Ah, it wasn’t THAT bad in my case. We started with Lovecraft as conversation and things got weirder from then on

4 Likes

I don’t hide it except when it comes to nihillistic ateist friends, don’t have time to argue with their shit lol.

2 Likes

I have to for work. I hide it from my students, classmates, co-workers, collaborating research teams and supervisors. Navigating being a witch in a world of scholars and scientists requires fancy footwork. It’s hard work. My family knows but are ambivalent. All of my friends fall under the same umbrella of beliefs so at least I have a safe place to be myself.

2 Likes