Do you need to be Vegan to open your third eye?

So I’ve watched a whole lot of youtube videos on the subject, they say you need to be Vegan/Vegetarian to open your Third Eye. Is it true though?

I want to take sorcery to a whole new level, I’ve heard that by opening your third eye you do. Correct me if I’m wrong, I’m new to magick, any response would be good please.

And if you could also give me some advices on opening my Third Eye, thanks!

2 Likes

I call bullshit. It may or may not help, but not necessary. Bacon is the food of the gods.

23 Likes

Hahahaha yesss, I really wish to open it. It really put me down when I heard about the vegetarian stuff.

2 Likes

Hahahaha yesss, I really wish to open it. It really put me down when I heard about the vegetarian stuff.[/quote]
I agree with discordian bliss. Though, I try to avoid pork for other reasons. But in the deep south its very hard.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been a vegetarian (vegan + dairy) and am now meat-eater, even did a ketogenic diet for a few months where 99% of what I ate was meat, fish, eggs, or dairy, and none of those things seem to have made any real difference to be honest.

The only way I’ve found to get a slight boost to power (and this is for pretty heavy work only) is to eat a fat & sugar combination a few hours ahead of the work, like ice cream (I don’t usually eat much sugar at all), then have some coconut oil afterwards, but even that could be specific to my own energy needs, sex, age, or whatever.

Sometimes spirits will ask you to not eat flesh for a short period (that’s fairly well-attested, also pretty harmless) but there’s never been a wholly vegan culture (Brahmins in India eat a lot of dairy produce and consider it sacred) and it seems to confer no advantages on a person, although most radical dietary shifts feel amazing at first because your body’s getting a different range of nurtrients, there’s a hefty placebo effect, and also, they tend to eliminate all junk food, and a lot of vegans find an emotional satisfaction in eating that way.

Not my thing though, and definitely not a requirement in my experience & observation of other people. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:5, topic:9464”]I’ve been a vegetarian (vegan + dairy) and am now meat-eater, even did a ketogenic diet for a few months where 99% of what I ate was meat, fish, eggs, or dairy, and none of those things seem to have made any real difference to be honest.

The only way I’ve found to get a slight boost to power (and this is for pretty heavy work only) is to eat a fat & sugar combination a few hours ahead of the work, like ice cream (I don’t usually eat much sugar at all), then have some coconut oil afterwards, but even that could be specific to my own energy needs, sex, age, or whatever.

Sometimes spirits will ask you to not eat flesh for a short period (that’s fairly well-attested, also pretty harmless) but there’s never been a wholly vegan culture (Brahmins in India eat a lot of dairy produce and consider it sacred) and it seems to confer no advantages on a person, although most radical dietary shifts feel amazing at first because your body’s getting a different range of nurtrients, there’s a hefty placebo effect, and also, they tend to eliminate all junk food, and a lot of vegans find an emotional satisfaction in eating that way.

Not my thing though, and definitely not a requirement in my experience & observation of other people. :)[/quote]

Thank you for your reply Lady Eva, very educational indeed.

1 Like

You don’t have to be vegan, you are supposed to be vegan.

Veganism is almost a religion to some -& man, can they preach! This 3rd eye business is nothing but a false assertion of spiritual superiority, in my opinion. I was vegetarian for 18 years, vegan for 2. I now eat paleo (plenty of meat & veg, bit of fruit, nuts & seeds, no grains, no dairy.)
I’ve never been overweight but now, at 41, I am carrying considerably less body fat than I was in my 20s. I think it is important to do the right thing by your body. When Azazel told Koetting, “Make yourself strong!”, I very much doubt he was advocating a vegan diet!
A gracious attitude toward the beast or earth that has fed you is important too.

9 Likes

Honestly I think paleo diet is bullshit, coz it claims that we ate meat and gathered some vegetables and fruits, before big agricultural revolution 10000 years ago.

But if you look on some history sources you will find that we lived on grains long before what claims paleo diet. Wheat, potatoes, barley, rice etc. And long before ‘‘hunters and gatherers’’ it was just tropical fruit.

I am not vegan, I guess it’s just whatever works for you the best. It may help it may not.

1 Like

I have quite strong views on some things based on experience and observation, but they probably won’t translate or be relevant for everyone – IMO this site has a good balanced approach, the author keeps up with the latest research while leaning towards ancestral eating (which is different to paleo in some ways, allowing for dairy if it works for you, and using pulses occasionally if the carbs aren’t a problem) - he also tailors the basic guidelines for people who are vegetarian, or even vegan, in fact afaik his wife eats fish but not meat, or at least she did for a long time.

And the comments on blog posts are usually very civilised and rational, they actually add to the debate, not the usual “why did I let myself scroll down this far?!” internet garbage! :o)

2 Likes

I suggest listening to your body/mind…

My body will crave foods and my brain will crave foods separately.

My body craves leafy greens, thickets of protein, potassium based foods, and fruits
My minds loves sugars and fats, vitamin c d and k foods…

Make a food journal if you are willing to commit and notice the changes physically, in mood, and in your magick.

I doubt going full on vegan will cater to the 3rd eye…but I feel like stressing/fasting your body different way throughout your life cultures yourself and that power you gain from it helps chakra flow.

Have you tried placing a sticker or mark on your third eye to become more aware of where the energy needs to circulate?

3 Likes

Wild game killed by your own hand can amplify magick. As can herbal teas and herbally seasoned rare meats.

4 Likes

I will speculate the following: you do not need to follow any certain diet to open the third eye, however, since your diet has a rather direct impact on your “vibration” or “frequency” since you assimilate into your physical being what you consume physically, and you assimilate into your energetic being what you consume energetically, and since food is both physical and energetic, while you can open your third eye on any diet, your diet will play a non-trivial part in determining what you begin to see/sense/detect once your third eye has been opened, either partially or fully.

This is all due to the assimilation of the energy contained within the food you eat. If an edible thing is produced via pain, torture, and suffering, a portion of that energy is going to be contained within the edible thing and transferred to whomever decides to consume it. That energy is going to be “lower” in vibration, and necessarily lower the consumers vibration when they assimilate it into themselves. The same is true of anything ingested.

So it is important from a pragmatic perspective to make a conscious decision about what you consume, because the anecdote “you are what you eat” applies on the energetic level as well as the physical level.

2 Likes

I find the idea of veganism and being vegetarian to be very strange. We’ve evolved to eat meat as well as plant products, hence omnivore and not herbivore.
As mentioned in previous posts, a good diet is important when engaging in energy work of any kind. If you were to be a vegan or vegetarian, then you’d be missing a key aspect/aspects of your diet and that’s only going to make you weaker.
So to answer your question: No you don’t need to be vegan.

Incorrect.

For one, our chakras are all naturally “opened”- they only “close” when they’ve been plugged. However, output levels tend to fluctuate.

Second, you’d only eat certain plants in a true magically vegetarian diet- those that you work with in depth, or are attempting to become.

Is it true though?

No, what nincompoop(s) told you it was?

I've heard that by opening your third eye you do. Correct me if I'm wrong

You are.

The concept of “opening” a chakra is a vast oversimplification of what such a thing actually refers to. It means altering the structure of the chakras to stabilize and deliver a consistent output- no burnouts, no lulls in strength, just a baseline that can be continually improved.

I mentioned the benefits of such a situation, however there are some pretty significant drawbacks. For one, you wouldn’t be able to “overload” your system by sending as much energy as you could, meaning you have an inherent limit to how much you can project because you can’t tax your systems over a certain threshold. If you never successfully grow your strength, you will have a predictable measure of your results that can only move so much- you will have a “set capability”. Additionally, if you’re used to being opened in such a way, all it would take is a simple energetic push to your balance and then your senses lose orientation. In other words, you’re easily blindsided.

It is not advisable.

1 Like

We didn’t evolved to eat meat. If we did, we could eat meat raw like every other carnivore on planet. We just adapted food by heating it so we can eat it, which is unnatural. You eat raw meat, you die simple as that.
And it sounds strange to not eat meat because you’ve been raised like that. Surrounded by McDonalds and KFC and eating flesh everyday. Of course it sounds strange.

1 Like

We did evolve to eat meat as well as a variety of other things. To fuel our brains takes protein and a lot of it. We evolved as predators. Predators eat meat. But we have an advantage over pretty much all other predators as we can eat just about anything.

And what makes you think we cannot eat raw meat. Ever heard of steak tar-tar and sashimi?

1 Like

If you want to be vegan, just be vegan! :heart:

Share what you did and found, and spread the word. :slight_smile:

Claim it, live it, be it - it’s cool, seriously - ascend, and then throw us down a ladder!

I could totally just eat dhal and rice, if I got my own army of fembots who tidy the world up a bit, and also, endless Matt Smith clones, to suck and nibble on my toes… :heart:

2 Likes

None of that is actually true.

I wont go into the deep details of it all, because minds are already made up, but Ill briefly address the 4 most common egregious errors made by vehement supporters of the human-true-omnivore argument, simply for the record.

And just to clarify, true omnivores are very similar to true carnivores. They are usually interchangeable in the context of comparing humans to either of them. So that should be kept in mind.

1: Protein developed the brain and fuels it: Incorrect.

The brain is fuelled by glucose, and in the absence of glucose, ketones. Glucose does not come from meat directly (read below). It comes from easy conversion of simple and complex carbohydrates; mostly simple, but neither of which are in meat in any appreciable quantities.

The early human brain was almost certainly “fuelled” by, if we are to ascribe a specific food source as responsible for its growth, cooked starches. A cooked potato is 20x more digestible than a raw one, and is utterly packed with carbohydrates, which very easily convert into glucose. The only “evidence” of meat creating brain growth in humans is the very loose correlation of animal bones found at old camp sites. The conclusion jumped to that those bones meant heavy meat consumption is just that, a jumped too conclusion that has yet to be proven, but is still clung to as fact anyway because it supports a theory and life style that simply does not hold up to scrutiny and glaring questions, such as if meat fuels brain growth, why are true omnivores/carnivores not hyper intelligent super beings who have in some cases such as the crocodile, been eating meat that supposedly grows brains, for 200,000,000 years, about 1000 times longer than the “modern” human? What about lions? Wolves? Bears? Etc? Where are their gigantic leaps in brain size due to meat consumption? What is the unique human mechanism that accounts for complex proteins growing something that it is neither fuelled by, nor composed of in any way (the brain is 0% muscle tissue)?

Do humans need essential amino acids (the simplest proteins not able to be synthesized by the body) for brain development? Most certainly; but there is no essential amino acid that is restricted to occurring in flesh, and lets be honest, when someone mentions “protein” in this context, they are not talking about essential amino acids (all of which can easily be found in fruits and vegetables), they are talking about animal muscle tissues.

One thing is correct here, though asserted for the wrong reasons: it takes a lot of protein to fuel the brain, true, but thats because of the great inefficiency the human body has in processing complex proteins (flesh) into something actually usable. Complex proteins go through many stages of break down (all consuming large quantities of energy in the process) before actually turning into something useful, and since there are no appreciable carbohydrates in meat, there is no immediately usable material by the brain (or body).

The exact break down I cannot list, but after many stages of break down, youll eventually convert unused calories from the meat into fat, and fat can be processed into glucose in an inefficient way via something called beta-oxidation if I remember correctly, to produce emergency supplies of glucose to the brain to keep it functioning at a sub-standard level and supplement the ketones (already back up energy; its in principle the difference in energy density between wood (ketones) and diesel (glucose)) that are made by the breakdown of complex proteins and fat.

2: Humans evolved to eat meat: the entirety of our physiologies suggest otherwise.

There are literally hundreds of valid physiological contrasts between humans as behavioral omnivores and true omnivores, but there are some that truly stand out, such as the differences in GI tracts, stomach acidity, dental structures, salival enzymes, taste receptors, nails vs claws, colon structure, jaw movement (lateral movement), vitamin C synthesis, and others.

And its very apt to mention long term studies of the health of primarily meat eating societies (Inuit) vs non-meat eating societies (numerous). Inuits average -10 years of life expectancy, versus up to +10 for non-meat eating groups.

3: “But canine teeth!”

Horses and sheep have canine teeth too. Small ones (kinda like humans!), but canines nonetheless. And a gorillas canine teeth could pierce your skull; does that make any of them omnivores? Thus the canine tooth argument is laid to rest.

4: B12 is essential and is only found in meat products. False.

The B12 argument is the least unsound out of a broad spectrum of very unsound arguments, but is still fundamentally flawed in its reasoning.

No mammal naturally produces B12. In fact, no animal at all produces B12. Neither does any known plant, nor any known fungus. This means that farm animals used for meat are not a primary source of B12, thus the claim that B12 “only comes from meat” is impossible.

The only known sources of B12 are prokaryotes (basically bacteria). Many animals have bacteria in their guts that produce B12 including humans, but its not absorbable due it being produced in the colon. In some animals it is, including some ruminant farm animals, assuming they get enough cobalt in their diet, however if they do not, they get it elsewhere from natural sources, such as dirt and untreated water.

Dirt and untreated water. Two things humans up until very, very, VERY recently, have been intimately familiar with.

Early man was practically swimming in filth, and thus, had ample supplies of B12. So the B12 argument at its core, being one of “if you dont eat meat youll die because of B12 deficiency, thus humans have always eaten meat to get B12, thus it is natural” is easily debunked.

5: Im going to add a fifth argument that is not usually directly claimed, but is often indirectly claimed: it is human instinctual nature to eat meat like any other omnivore: easily proven false.

Put a kitten into a room with a mouse and a banana. Which does it see as food, and which does it see as inedible/a toy?

Put a human baby into a room with a bunny and a banana. Now ask the same question.

There ya go.

Acquired societal behavior =/= nature and instinct.

Ok, I guess thats it about that. I wont change anyones mind, and thats fine, but I had to address some points on this topic.

5 Likes

We didn’t evolved to eat meat. If we did, we could eat meat raw like every other carnivore on planet. We just adapted food by heating it so we can eat it, which is unnatural. You eat raw meat, you die simple as that.
And it sounds strange to not eat meat because you’ve been raised like that. Surrounded by McDonalds and KFC and eating flesh everyday. Of course it sounds strange.[/quote]
This is incorrect. We can eat raw beef and digest it perfectly fine. The only problem we find is dealing with diseases in some fish and other meats: a relatively new genetic flaw.
If you’d like me to explain this better, I’d be happy to write you a paper focusing on our development as omnivores