Do with the Norse gods what Christians do with theirs

Anyone wanna start a Norse pagan movement where we harass Christians the way they harass us? Door to door soliciting about the sagas, preaching on the streets about ragnarok, that shit?

7 Likes

Eh, that’s actually part of the reason I removed myself from the Asatru community. Don’t get me wrong, I understand the anger and agree that the reasons are valid. However, that was all I was hearing while I was involved and it blocked my path to spiritual knowledge. So I went back to wandering on my own.

1 Like

Do I want to?
Oh totally yes. That would be great.
It would probably be good YouTube material if you had someone filming people’s reactions.

I couldn’t do that right now, but thinking about it gives me a bit of perspective on my social situation. I am not able to exercise my First Amendment rights. That sucks and I need to change it.

2 Likes

Nah, more interested in fucking with muslims.

3 Likes

While I do not have much experience in the Asatru community, I know what it’s like when the culture surrounding the tradition seems to clash with the philosophy and spirit of the tradition.

Course I’m joking. In truth, I think the alfather would find that entertaining. But he’d say there’s bigger priorities. To blow off steam once in a while is one thing. But he’d expect some work either in the community or on the self.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I thought you were serious. That was my bad and I am sorry for any intensity on my end. Yeah, the first point you made is definitely the case and it becomes a big distraction for those wanting to go deeper into the spirituality aspect of Asatru. But yes, i think the Alfather would find it extremely amusing lol.

1 Like

Could be considered an act of sacrifice, amusing him by annoying Christians.

3 Likes

But no I’m not serious. I just think it’ll be funny.

2 Likes

Lol I work with the Jotun Gods, Aesir, and Vanir, but after looking at the Asatru community and how they are towards Rokkatru people and others who work with the norse it’s pretty much as toxic as that aspect of the Christian community lol.

I tend to say respect me and I respect you. I’d still be cautious around jotun though.

Lol I get you, I work with them a lot so far it’s been pretty positive :smiley:

1 Like

Anything I don’t have experience with I practice caution towards.

2 Likes

I understand you there

As far as the joke goes, you could really mess them up by having a statue of jesus with the Norse Pantheon as the Scandinavians did when Christianity first was introduced to the region. They would just love that

1 Like

Weirdly enough, I’ve been considering cursing the local annoying mormon church. Lately they’ve been coming to the university campus and harassing students. Granted they are pretty polite, but its still unsolicited.

3 Likes

May the punishment fit the crime

2 Likes

Considering I used to be a brainwashed religious person, the best curse might be to send a spirit to promote religious doubt and discord.

Maybe lucifer and andras…

2 Likes

I tend to think belial is pretty good with that

3 Likes

Two birds with one stone :slight_smile:

Make them mad by referencing the book of mormon musical…I would do it myself

2 Likes