Do all dreams have a meaning?

With a bit of thought I can understand the meaning of most dreams, whereas other dreams tend to be a recollection of what I did recently, slightly altered but I can see why I dreamed those.

Now… There are some dreams whose meaning I do not see/understand nor they are things I did recently, they seem pretty mundane and meaningless, is this the case or ALL dreams have a meaning and it’s just me not finding it?
An example is: I dreamed I was dating (very freshly dating, first days) a very short and chubby girl, we were doing nothing out of the ordinary, just eating what I believe was dinner and she told me I should be eating more, that’s all I can recall.

I guess the meaning in that is that I should indeed eat better and more but often most elements seem pretty random, for instance, what does a short and chubby girl have to do anything with it?

2 Likes

Yes, all dream does.

And that dream you had has nothing to do with food at all. Remember, dreams are not plain/straight, just as seeing visions. Some are proverbial, while some look like parables.

For example, I had a dream that a neighbor directed me to a table, and on the table was a plate with fish in it. He said, ‘eat’. I said no, I want just the bone of the fish. He said ‘eat’ again, I said no, I want the fish bone.

So I removed the fish bone completely without causing any damage to the fish, and I woke up.

Now, this dream has nothing to do with fish or anything of sort. And it doesn’t mean it’s that neighbor who came but a spirit took his form in other to commune with me, he knows I do listen to this man.

And the dream is saying I have successfully conquered the great enemy who was after my death. Now not eating the fish is that I didn’t kill her. And taking the bone alone mean I destroyed her source of powers and everything that relates.

If you, in reality, remove the bone of a fish will it be able to swim or even make a move anymore?

1 Like

So the meaning of dreams depend on the person, right?

There is a nice thread on dream interupatations at this link.

3 Likes

I knew it was not so simple, oh well, I guess I’ll never know what that (or many other dreams) mean then.

1 Like

Carl Jung spent a GREAT deal of his work on dream interpretation it is important and very useful tool to hone.

I’ve been having financial issues and on Friday I realized that, after applying for jobs, I now have more than one stream of income. Then last night I had a dream where I was completely broke, not a dime to my name. I was in the city, way downtown and wondering how I was ever going to get home. As I’m walking and panicking and anxious, I started to walk in one direction and almost turned away it. As I’m walking I’m looking down and I see folded $10, $5 and $1 in the grass. It’s not just in one spot. There are several folded up bundles of multiple $10, $5 and $1 bills. When I picked them all up, I had more than 2 handfuls of money, far more than enough to get home and take care of other financial needs. I couldn’t believe how fast the money came to me. It just appeared in my path.

I have never had about money in any capacity so this dream is very meaningful to me. As I’m waking up, my thoughts were along the lines of “see, I knew the law of attraction was bullshit because I was not feeling all high and happy and the money still came to me”.