Discussing The Nature Of Light & Dark, Do Science & Magick Crossover?

I don’t try to rationalize the occult with science, in the sense of explaining away something happening as just coincidence, or just the result of a “natural” phenomena, but I do firmly believe that the two are and should be fundamentally compatible.

I believe, along with Crowley, that we should approach magick with “the method of science, the aim of religion”-- and the scientific method is actually how we determine what magick works for us and what doesn’t. We create a hypothesis (doing X ritual will produce Y results), test it in the lab (our temple), and record our outcome (did Y result happen or did Z?) . If our hypothesis was incorrect, we revise it and proceed to test the new one. Verifiable results are what are important: this is the only way to make sure we that we are not just deluding ourselves in the ritual chamber!

But beyond this, I think that eventually what physics and cosmology is uncovering right now, in terms of quantum mechanics and other “spooky” action-at-a-distance phenomena, will actually provide an explanatory mechanism for magick. I don’t believe in anything supernatural, in the literal sense of the term as something permanently beyond scientific understanding. Everything has an explanation, even if we don’t know what it is yet.

5 Likes

For all intents and purposes fact. Nothing is fact, I honestly can’t think of one thing that isn’t subjective, so pardon my misspeech

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by your “in” a paradox or how you could demonstrate it. Other than that I agree with what your saying. And I’m not claiming my view answers every question just that it answers most or at least more than it doesn’t.

1 Like

Truth… in my opinion,. all that matters in magick (though not elsewhere, and debating is certainly fun and educational) is what WORKS - if my Magickal Pen called Dennis makes everything I write with Him come true, it barely matters whether it’s because some ancient starseed reality hacking device ended up in the plastic of His casing, or that the moment He was filled with ink occurred under the specific alignment of astral bodies, or whether it’s because I’m actually the only creator of my own reality,

Where having a working theory is useful, is in the concept that belief is a tool and force in magick - that subjective synthesis (synthesising subjective belief in a thing) works, with or without other factors and techniques, to create the desired outcome.

So to find a theory and back it up with objective-as-possible science is going to aid people in belief, if that’s what they care about - for another, it may be rationalising this within their religious belief system (hence the miracles of many Christian saints) and so on.

And to fear a thing is, to some extent, to believe in it - it harvests an emotion that is related to the possibility of this thing existing. I chuck that in because I know fear is a factor in magick, for various people at various times.

7 Likes

In my opinion it’s like this when we really look into light cannot exist with out darkness, but darkness can exist without light, also the darkness is what is known as void, so darkness embodies infinite possibility. In the Ahrimanic Path it is understood, that we are emanations of darkness eternal / the void, the first source of existence was the void, this constant growing abysmal darkness.

In the path of smoke we understand that light is stasis, limitation and weakness and darkness is a great canvas for unlimited power, even out of the ahrimanic path for example in The Mastering Soul Travel Course, Ea Koetting teaches someone to remove the chakra’s from the body as the light frequencies are imprisoning the self.

Light is not Good, Darkness is not Evil and vice versa, because we are speaking on primordial forces and Good and Evil are man-made assumptions. We even see dark energy is a unknown mysterious energy which permeates all space in the universe, the amount of universal dark matter, dark energy and darkness in general compared to light is crazy.

Light is quite basic and can be looked at and understood, played with, we understand the entirety of the light spectrum of color, but black absorbs all color and with all our scientific advances we can’t understand darkness, one huge misconception is darkness is the absence of light that is incorrect from both a scientific and magickal stand point.

When you analyse everything you’ll understand darkness is unlimited and light is limited, theres no comparison which one would be better as a catalyst of empowerment, spiritual growth, expansion of consciousness, hidden mystery’s revealed. merging with darkness eternal and expanding and ascending all at the same time.

This is my belief and practice on the situation, without throwing in too much science because its apparent science cannot explain half of much as it said it could years ago.

3 Likes

The odd thing then is …I have defeated a dark entity with light… my sword of light …

Azazel has told me my power is light…
And a part of my light is bound to a lamp…by anot her magician.

2 Likes

I’ve had a similarity. I’ll pm you.

2 Likes

Yeah light can banish darkness but when we banish this is a art of removing your perception of the spirit, then the entity cannot hold its form without your will, focus and desire and consciousness, Ea Koetting and Alister Crowley both spoke on these mechanics.

2 Likes

Azazel prized me giving him my light above all else…to the extent he searched out a worthy magician to keep it safe

1 Like

The paradox of this is supposedly we cannot get rid of darkness or destroy it because darkness is infinite, I believe that darkness usurps the power of light and uses it as fuel this is talk about much in dark alchemy and the Ahrimanic path.

1 Like

That’s another thing when we become darkness we even use the light as a fuel for our inner darkness merging with outter darkness.

2 Likes

Another question: why completely and utter darkness?
Of course being enki I try to spell it as cumpletely

1 Like

I don’t know but I know that thing yesterday didn’t want any part of my of sword to the point he gave me his name and sigil.

2 Likes

because utter darkness is both darkness and light, its infinite and both our light of creation is false light of limitation ergo we become total darkness consume the light of creation allow it to fuel our blackened fire and shine with true light and pure darkness in one.

1 Like

To be honest at first that’s not how it sounded at first until you explained it that way.

2 Likes

because darkness is a living paradox.

1 Like

It still doesn’t explain to me how …entities fear a sword of light if they are darkness. …

How my light has been used by the magician who holds it for numerous healing works… and I know he does because I feel it when he does.

2 Likes

Is this person Velotak?

2 Likes

Actually no… Arcane

2 Likes

I haven’t heard from him in so long. Not since neploth.

2 Likes