Disappointed

its my third time evoking this week and yet, nothing has happened… im not sure how to feel about this but im just really disappointed with myself although I feel like im doing it the correct way :confused:

4 Likes

What are you expecting to happen?

1 Like

to atleast feel something maybe idk and omg you’re typing something which im assuming is rly long pls don’t yell at me :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Who, have you tryed to evoke?

Lucifer, Azazel, Camio and Gremory

2 Likes

Great choices, just remeber that even though you can’t feel anything yet, doesn’t mean they didn’t come, their there, just talk, ask them to help with your senses. But @DarkestKnight would know more than I would.

2 Likes

well, okay then, thank you for giving me some hope :innocent:

3 Likes

How can you be disappointed if you don’t even know what is supposed to happen?

I will tell you a secret: evocation is NOT easy. So many people come to this forum and seem to think that all they have to do is stare at a seal, chant some words and poof! a spirit pops up in front of them to grant their desires. Sadly, it doesn’t work that way.

You have done three evocations, and haven’t even bothered with any preliminaries like actually preparing yourself properly to see and hear spirits. In ceremonial magick, evocation isn’t taught until the initiate has been properly trained in banishing, quieting the mind, expanding the senses, and other developmental exercises. There is a reason for that.

I was evoking for years before something happened. I know people like EA Koetting make evocation look simple, but the truth of the matter is he has been evoking for decades. It’s not easy, and it’s not simple.

Instead of complaining about being “disappointed,” try your hand at simpler magick, like candle spells, while you actually work on developing the skills for evocation.

25 Likes

I really appreciate it that you’re taking the time to type out all of those and ill definitely try simpler magick first… thank you sm for the advice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@DarkestKnight is one of the many experienced witches E.A. Kotteing speaks of in his video - YouTube
He’s just too humble to admit it. He’s helped me a ton

3 Likes

I don’t want to sound like I’m discouraging you, because I’m not, but you do need to start at the beginning. You can’t get off the couch and run a marathon the first day.

If you really want to learn evocation, I recommend you find yourself a good training program to follow and take the time to build the skills necessary to be successful at it.

Pick up a copy of EA Koetting’s book Evoking Eternity, or Konstantinos’ book Summoning Spirits and follow their exercises. If you take the time to work through them, you will eventually be evoking before you know it.

If you can afford it, I’d also recommend BALG’s Mastering Evocation video course. It provides great developmental exercises.

In the meanwhile, you can do candle spells to bring you things you want.

12 Likes

I tried my practice for a week (7 full days) and got no results. You can’t always get what you want. This isn’t burger king. You can try full length rituals and different entities. There are beings watching you and trying to get in touch. Don’t be surprised if its not the ones you were trying to talk with. In my case the person who responded was not who was the prayer intended for.

Also I agree with @DarkestKnight it isn’t easy especially if your new.

3 Likes

I mean you’re just being honest and straightforward so I wouldn’t look at it as a discouragement, and I am reading the book, Evoking Eternity now… I will check out the candle spells as well :blush: Grateful to have you :grimacing:

3 Likes

I will learn it from scratch and keep y’all updated :dizzy:

3 Likes

Do you do any trancework @blaxkrose?

1 Like

no I don’t

Trance is a prerequisite for evocation.

Try some of these exercises:

3 Likes

Dont be disappointed. It doesn’t happen overnight lol. Maybe try some meditations first, there quite a few on YouTube to help open up your spiritual senses. So maybe try that first to help get more in tune with being able to sense them.

2 Likes

thank you

alrighty, thank you :heartbeat:

1 Like