Demons of Magick: Three Practical Rituals for work with The 72 Demons by Gordon Winterfield

No.

The system is specifically set up the way it is for a reason. If you remove any part of the equation, like the angel, then the ritual won’t work because you will short circuit the process.

It is the reason why, when working a new system, that you are advised to work the system as it is taught, and not to make changes, until you are at least proficient in the way it is meant to be used. You have to learn how all the pieces fit together, before you can subtract parts and add new ones.

If you want to evoke an angel or a demon on its own, then use another method, not Demons of Magick.

20 Likes

Currently following as described, went ahead and paid the few quid for the Kindle version. Some of my workings from this have worked and others are very clearly in the process of working. Awesome stuff.

2 Likes

I just read this book. What I really like about this system (and what I think makes it so effective), is the entire system really focuses on the art of building a sort of tension between you and the spirit which progressively intensifies as you proceed with the ritual. Nobody really explicitly mentions this in any book I’ve read, but forming that psychic tension between you and the spirit and then finally giving it a good TUG is what makes evocation work.

4 Likes

I have read the book. It seems simple enough, but I haven’t tried anything from it yet. I have other Gallery of Magick books that proved to be useful, though.

Would be interested in the experience of others. :thinking:

I hope this is true. It’s the only reason I have yet to try any of the spells. I thought the demons were being restrained and forced to help.

Hey, there, @DruzyBB. I see you joined us back in August of last year, and have made three posts so far, but have not yet introduced yourself. Please go to the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us a bit about yourself and any magical experience you may have. It is a rule of this forum, and failure to do so may result in the suspension of your account and removal of posts until you do.

The info in your profile does not count. Your intro must be posted to the forum proper.

1 Like

Done. :yellow_heart:
Thank you.

Do I need to preform The Opening Ritual and The Core ritual? Can I just get to summoning?

1 Like

You have to use the system as described, which means the opening and the core ritual. You cannot leave parts out.

7 Likes

Have you tried it?

Have you even read the book? The author explains exactly how it is set up to work.

Here’s the thing with magical systems:

You CANNOT take pieces of them and expect them to work for you until you have become proficient in working the system as it is described. Which means, you need to have success working the whole system, and understanding how it works before trying to use pieces of it alone.

One of the prerequisites for successful evocation is the use of a working system.

12 Likes

I have read it but I don’t use his methods binding demons with the names of god

I tried it multiple rituals. I followed the instructions now I don’t need them. I would say if you really want results why look for a short way if you never even tried the recommended way first. You have to crawl before you walk

3 Likes

OP…the ritual, at least the first one, is already short enough as is. If you make your own notes, you can synthesize the steps to a couple pages or so, and you’ll be on your way. Best not to be lazy about these things, lest you end up like a few people who rushed the process and ended up getting burned for it. Ritual one in the book can be completed under an hour

7 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to say I was really inspired by your story from another thread, I believe with Sallos(?) to resolve a relationship issue- I wanted to ask, have you had continued success with the Demons of Magick book methods or have you switched to others? Thank you once more for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I’ve had continued success with the Demons of Magick book. If you don’t already have it, my advise would be to get it. You wont regret it.

2 Likes

awesome yes! I had the kindle and just got a delivery today of the paper text, along with the NAP text. Question- do you think planetary days or hours affects the results or is it entirely beyond that system? I noticed Winterfield doesn’t mention planetary days, times, moon phases etc. but I believe the Goetia of Dr. Rudd, does. Thanks again for any insight shared.

1 Like

When I have used this book, I have not worried about planetary days, moon phases, etc… and I have gotten great results so I don’t think it really matters.

6 Likes

Demons of Magick is an excellent book. I have had good results with it.

DO NOT try to alter the system in the book. The author has it that way for a reason. Just follow the procedure/rituals and you will have results.

7 Likes

Just wondering if anyone who hasn’t successfully “heard” or “seen” any demons, angels, etc. had a good experience with the 2nd and 3rd rituals in the book. If you did, how long did it take you? I’m trying to track my progress.