Deity Conflicts

Hi everyone, I am a devotee of Hecate and I have noticed a tendency for devotees of Hecate to usually just insist that their Goddess is all powerful, indomitable, undefeatable and never scared of anything. (This attitude reminds me of when comic book fans have debates and the Batman fans default to ‘Batman would win. Always. Just because, you know, he’s Batman!’) :laughing:

Anyway, I read an interesting post recently concerning the Goddess Freya being confronted by the Goddess Hecate. The witness said it looked like they were going to have a fight but then Hecate appeared to be put in her place somewhat, not fancying her chances she backed down.

Much as I love the Witch Queen of the crossroads, I want to be objective and it is fascinating hearing this tale about her allegedly chickening out of a punch up with the magically cloaked Norse Goddess.

This has made me wonder, does anybody else have any similar experience or knows of any deity conflicts? Being a devotee of Hecate I’m especially interested in anything involving her, but the topic is interesting generally.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay much attention to just one other persons Unverified Personal Gnosis (UPG).

If a couple of people here or elsewhere that you trust, independently verify something similar, the it’s plausible, otherwise, UPG is UPG. :woman_shrugging:

That would be against the rules on this forum, as it comes under “preaching”. Generally if you want to be taken seriously, just talk about your direct experiences, your UPG. Others will say if they have experienced differently.

I don’t really know why a Greek and a Norse pantheon entity would have anything to do with each other, why they should “fight” or why it matters. It’s their business, no? Is this some sort of human pissing context going on? Unless this was a case of being cursed and a patron deity helping the target…? :thinking:

Magick is subjective so this is probably not going to help you :smiley: … See UPG.

What you want to do, I suggest, is go evoke the deities in question and ask them yourself. Get your own UPG going on, and rely on that.
Always believe yourself first. Because what’s true for you isn’t always true for others. Never just take other people’s UPG at face value.

Yes, and it’s the will of the practitioner that matters, not the entities in question or what you call them.
You are the magick one reaching out, giving permission and energy for a magickal act, your expectations and fears make a massive difference.

4 Likes

They weren’t fighting persay. I remember the post. Hecate wanted to work the with this person but this person didn’t want to work with her. Hecate probably was attempting to force the issue to show why they should work with her. This is had the opposite effect and the person got scared and called a goddess they were familiar with which was Freya. Freya warned Hecate not to press the issue and she left of her own accord. Freya is a powerful goddess in her own right so I don’t see she wouldn’t have a few tricks up her sleeve. I don’t think anyone can answer who’s “more” powerful as beyond small incidents like this they have no reason to fight each other. I do think the Norse and Greek pantheons are in a sort rivalry over followers right now.

2 Likes