Deities, gods, godesses

What do you think about “calling” deities, gods and goddesses without a full ritual? I mean, there are times in which for some reason you don’t have conditions to cast a circle or to perform complicated rituals but you need some “spiritual assistance”. But it seems that is required lots of preparation prior to contact them. Is there any “easy” spirit, god or goddess one could call in the “dark night” of the soul?

1 Like

I think maybe sigil magick might work well for you.

2 Likes

Um…that is what prayer is used for :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @anon48957109! Good tip! I’m in a total mess, a sigil seems to be a good starting point!

In fact right now I don’t know to whom I should pray… I mean, I don’t feel attracted to any deity and those to whom I used to pray seem to be kinda distant, like I’m not worthy. :neutral_face:

Hmm, first don’t think about “praying to” or “worshipping” anything.
If you don’t feel pulled don’t worry, work on yourself. You should only worship yourself.
It’s a little odd to think of at first but if you lerk here you’ll begin to understand :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@anon48957109, Right on the point! I have questioned the worshiping thing, same with prayers, altars… I don’t want to compromise myself anymore, I mean, I need to empower myself and the worship thing kinda disempowers me. If I ask some deity for something I have to pay for that, there is a protocol for every and each deity, spirit, god, goddess… I’m sick of it lol. Thanks for your insight! :sunglasses:

1 Like

The altar is mostly a focus/table for ritual or spellwork. It doesn’t need to be set up for or dedicated to any spirit.

2 Likes

Exactly @Narsonix ! I was initiated into a system of witchcraft which teaches that the ancient and true witchcraft has no deities, just the raw, primal forces which we must tame in order to gain control of our own lives.

1 Like

How easy is to slide to the safe mode of worship… to put life under a higher power and open hand of your own power! The eternal active X passive dilemma…

Once you build a connection, i believe it is alright to call upon them without the ritual setting. I think it depends on the deities and your interactions with them.

As for which deity, which one interests you? Which stories do you feel a connection with?
I dont necessarily have a patron im aware of at the moment. But a while ago, i was reading the story of Fenrir, and felt a deep connection with the story. Flashes and emotions of the telling from his point of view.

Decided to try and work with him, even though everything said he was bad news. The connection between the two of you trumps any prerequisite conditions, imo.

Find someone you resonate with, and then see how you both work together. Personally, i refuse to worship anything. But I will look up to the entities I work with, with the reverence old masters teaching young disciples deserve

4 Likes

Thanks for your insight @DormiensDei! I’m in a point it seems I’m unable to make any real connection, it’s like a blown fuse. In the past I had great connections but now I’m by myself for not saying alone. Every time I try a connection I’m kinda “redirected” to some sort of void. This must have a meaning. :thinking:

I myself am still having a tough time with concrete communication and connection. Maybe it’s a hint from entities to practice in your current state?

1 Like