Deciding if to choose a battle..opinions and insight wanted

So here is my situation, I have a guy who was was a customer of mine for a while who was always friendly and always invited me to hang out with him but I always declined.One day we got talking about spirituality and how he spent some time in a Buddhist monastery and I express surface level spiritual interest also with him.
Long story short I ended up renting a spare room out to his two friends on a whim while he was trying to purchase a home from me which didn’t go thru on his end but his friends left before that, they ended up moving out early and not telling him and dissing him and left him with bills including what he would owe me for the room.
From the rip when I told him about them leaving he started complaining about paying me anything claiming and swearing up and down he has no money, and coming up with these off the walls accusations and rebuttals to our agreed upon deal. I knew already he was gonna try not pay me anything but I had all the new furniture they left behind that he bought. I told him just pay me half of what the rent was since they left early and he will get his furniture back. He came and gave me 75% of what I asked and a ton of lies so I gave him 75% of the furniture and told him when I get the rest he can have the rest of it. At this point we’re literally talking 100 bucks here. Im only doing this because throughout he has threatened to leave bad reviews on my business which I think he did already and actually has nothing to do with what our deal was.
What’s making me press him for every dollar now and not just walk away is the lying. He has swore up and down and on people lives he hasn’t been making any money and that he’s broke. I know he has over 200k his friend told me and one of his customers told me about all the business they do with him. He looked me in the face and bold face lied to me over and over small money not knowing what I know. So now at this point he asked Me to give back the rest of the stuff, and do business with him since I cut him off and he won’t falsely leave bad reviews basically trying to extort me.
So I’m faced with a choice if I should go in on him or just give him the petty items back with getting the rest and walk away cut him off.
I really don’t want to use my energy or focus on folding him and his life up. I like to use that for other positive things and upcoming projects I’m working on but I feel disrespected now and got some anger especially the lying like way overboard with it and threats also.i have no fear of him or his threats, When I was younger this would of gotten physical and spiritual real fast. But now as I become wiser I tend to be more cognizant of where my energy is going and what I’m accomplishing by my actions and goals.
I’m kinda pissed by the lies and threats and part of me wants to go in and obliterate his life but there’s the other part like hey it’s only a lil money and I got most of it anyway to let it go so u can cut him out your life.
What would you guys do? Is this a hill to fight on?
I’ll leave his in initials and bday for y’all to connect to him for insight or weak points for me. Thanx for any input.
( E.r.c.j. initials and 7/29/92 dob)

The decision to engage or to let it go ultimately lies with you as you’re the only one who can fully assess the situation and its implications. With that said, it’s worth considering the potential benefits and drawbacks of each course of action. On the one hand, pursuing revenge and punishing your former customer may result in temporary gratification and a sense of justice served. On the other hand, there could also be negative consequences, such as potential retaliatory actions and further conflict. If you ultimately decide that it’s not worth the effort or the risks, then walking away and cutting him out of your life may be the more prudent option.

Doesn’t seem too proportionate with the crime… I’d go with an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But before that try Orobas to get him to pay what he owes. And then cut ties as he’s no good and will diddle you again. Maybe for worse than $100 extra money.

I have to say, this is a theme with me too: every person I have helped has ended up costing me and sometimes very dearly. I’m very Aquarian so I prefer to walk away and not have to deal with it all a second longer. If people are living rent free in my head enough that I want to curse them, I’m the one suffering not them and that has to stop. Vengeance is a parasite that makes it worse without fixing how I feel, so I bind and banish things away from me, and they lost a true friend more than just a resource and that’s just too bad. I don’t care and I don’t want to care.

2 Likes

Second the eye for an eye tactic. There’s a specific “make someone pay back what they owe you” pathworking in Lucifer And The Hidden Demons, if you happen to own that book.

In this kind of situation I would also act if the owed amount could really make a difference for me and/ or the situation keeps popping in my head and the frustration keeps me busy, otherwise there might be better things to focus on.

1 Like