Death deity who is also connected to lunar energies?

Are there any death deities who is also known for having associations with the moon/lunar energies?

Hecate? She’s moon goddess and the crossroads!

5 Likes

Thank you. Are there any others?

An Dagda, Cernunnos, Hecate, The 3 (sometimes 4) Morrigan sisters.

3 Likes

The banshees

1 Like

Which traditions or deities do the banshees serve within/under?

Celtic there a certain kind of fae

1 Like

@C.Kendall Posted somewhere a conjuration for them

Banshees are fae spirits, some serve various tribe of Gods (as celtic isnt a singular pantheon but different tribes of Gods from irish, welsh, scottish, and some Ghaul Gods are in there too) but banshees also serve various human families.

2 Likes

It’s funny you say they’re Celtic. I’m Cornish, from the county of Cornwall in England which is deeply rooted in Celtic history, magick and folklore. The guy who attacked me in this particular attack used a local cemetery.

1 Like

You spend a lot of time combating others. Is there a reason for that or? Maybe rather than combating so often, combating the why you are attacked would be useful?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s been an ongoing issue for a while, primarily because of crossed conditions, plus there was a huge buildup of momentum prior to that. It is dying down now, and what I’m dealing with now is just the tail-end of what was a long period of endless bad luck and conflict.

I’m healing myself and cleaning up the remnants of the baneful magick that I was the target of (hence my questions here). Spent the last 5 months healing the trauma, and the spirits told me it would take up to a year to heal everything.

I know the reasons for being attacked so often before I did the Gatekeeper ritual. It was largely not anything to do with anything I did, per se, but more to do with the pain I was carrying in me, the rage and hatred that I couldn’t resolve, and it was attracting what I didn’t want.

2 Likes

Technically (emphasis on Technically) Lilith could fall under this category. Lilith is associated with strangled and stillborn children (as well as devoured children), which is, of course connected to death and the act of murder.

Lilith is also largely considered Lunar, however those associations above are actually connected to Lilith Kronia, which is basically Lilith’s more Saturnian side.

Again, this is kinda technical, depending on who you ask.

3 Likes

Lol. You know, somedays I could kiss you. You just filled in a blank for me-I was wondering how she was related to the path I just dived in on.

I was like, I can make loose connections, but what is it hmm… How does she fit with this- but that explains it based on the grimoires I chose to work with for the operation. They are heavy on the Saturnian side and that death/change is not necessarily bad or destructive.

2 Likes

Why just “technically”? I think she can totally fall under this category as Lilith is considered the “dark side of the moon”.

Mmmm Lilith is the ruler of Gamaliel, Gamaliel corresponds to the dark side of the moon and represents death and sexuality (often in a rather…odd manner). Entities under Gamaliel include (beside Lilith) Hel, Persephone, Dionysus and demons such as Gamigin.

4 Likes

Az jahi the Queen of the bloody moon.

4 Likes

Because not everyone actually associates that with her. Not to say that I disagree, more like I am trying to dodge arguments. I am also more so referring to the death association.

2 Likes

This is very true!

2 Likes

Santa Muerte?

2 Likes

Artemis is goddes of Moon and death.