Cursing an event rather than a person

Hey All,

I am curious. How would I go about cursing an event, like, say a local production of Macbeth, rather than an individual? Most of the baneful entities bring death and destruction which may have to be targeted against someone.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

In my experience all you have to do is change your target. Target the production of MacBeth instead of a person. I have used baneful works to curse a situation instead of a specific person in the past.

I ( as horrible as this sounds) cursed my mother’s funeral. QUICK DISCLAIMER: I did NOT cursemy mother. She was taken too early by cancer. I was very sad but my little sister was devastated. I was told to always look after my little sister. She and I are not very active in the church we were born in and I knew some of the people would try to make us feel bad about not attending church with our mother. Not knowing who would approach my sister about this I held a ritual to silence the tounges of any who tried to approach my little sister. It worked as she was passed over by everyone, the downside was that I had to take all the flack for her (which I am more than happy to do) but it was much nastier since it.was all focused on me instead of her. Someone even called me fat, at my mother’s funeral.

I guess my point is that it is possible.

1 Like

[quote=“Orismen, post:2, topic:1958”]In my experience all you have to do is change your target. Target the production of MacBeth instead of a person. I have used baneful works to curse a situation instead of a specific person in the past.

I ( as horrible as this sounds) cursed my mother’s funeral. QUICK DISCLAIMER: I did NOT cursemy mother. She was taken too early by cancer. I was very sad but my little sister was devastated. I was told to always look after my little sister. She and I are not very active in the church we were born in and I knew some of the people would try to make us feel bad about not attending church with our mother. Not knowing who would approach my sister about this I held a ritual to silence the tounges of any who tried to approach my little sister. It worked as she was passed over by everyone, the downside was that I had to take all the flack for her (which I am more than happy to do) but it was much nastier since it.was all focused on me instead of her. Someone even called me fat, at my mother’s funeral.

I guess my point is that it is possible.[/quote]

Thats really terrable that they would do that to you man! My family are all Jehovahs Witnesses. They like to kick ya while your down.

They do like to kick you when your down. Oh well at least I know my mother is happier now.

Thanks for the advice. So pretty much any entity you can send against a person you can send against an event or situation? Good to know. Time to start a lookin’ through the grimoires :slight_smile:

I would like to bring up the name of the spirit, Sa’ahtlar. It is rather good for working at circumstances, formed or unformed. An event sounds pretty much suitable for that type of operation given it is a sequence of circumstances.

The Book Azazel may state Sa’ahtlar to work against your enemies, and in my personal experiments have found that as long as something is sufficiently antagonistic towards you, in this case, circumstances of an event. Sa’ahtlar can be of use.

I lived close to a popular sports bar in a very affluent area for years.
During certain sports play off games the streets were busy with stupid disgusting drunk humans, making parking for guests and anyone impossible.
I had a lot of fun sending chaos into the bar to stir up as much trouble inside as possible, as well as against the team these idiots were cheering for. I’d suggest focused Intent with a candles flame along with some sigil Magick, preferably your own sigils and maybe Andras.

You can most certainly attack an event. A spirit that brings destruction doesn’t necessarily bring it upon a person. Abaddon, for example, brings destruction. Nowhere it says that he does this exclusively with persons.

We have olympics winter olympcis in the next year. Have any of you thought about putting a spell to make to opening ceremony a total disaster? :smiley:
I mean, bad weather, lack of electricity, water etc. I am not thinking about harming any people, but just all the technical stuff to be shut down :smiley:

This would be crazy :slight_smile:

I found that evoking Amon can help. By causing dissension within the order of the event it can really ruin it. The thing is, I think you would really have to focus on him for a long time, for the energy of the entity to be poignant enough to permeate the venue. As I see it, each of these entities create a type of fog of energy, that is whatever principality they amplify through their office. In other words, if it’s anger you want to incite, go to Amon to create angry energy. If it’s a position you seek, go to Paimon to amplify the air of leadership about you. This is how I view them. I think evocation takes that fog, and makes it like a flood of rain, saturating everything around it.

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:1, topic:1958”]Hey All,

I am curious. How would I go about cursing an event, like, say a local production of Macbeth, rather than an individual? Most of the baneful entities bring death and destruction which may have to be targeted against someone.

Any thoughts?[/quote]

Planned events, like collective ideas in general, be they countries or religions or ideologies, possess egregores. You can curse it.

So, I can curse the living shit out of that creationist debate with Bill Nye?

I wonder who’s cursed- or protected- it. Certainly would be interesting to screw with, am I right?

Consider the following…

Bill Nye is protected by SCIENCE!

Yeah, but that other guy isn’t. Besides, I don’t want their LIVES to be a disaster, per say, I just want the event to go horribly wrong. For both parties.

Just kill Bill Nye. He’s irritating.

True. I’d also kill the Piggy- after all, I come from a family of Christians and what better way to get back at them than doing so?

On a more serious note, I think I’d like to curse Elmo going to Madison Square Garden. There I wouldn’t want people to die, just to make the show a disaster because WHY NOT. Lol.

Ha. Elmo. Reminds me of these teens running around “liking” little kid shows like they’re actually good. Scenes, emos, or hipsters. Can’t remember which.

Is there a difference?

I’m not quite sure. I think they’re all from the same “disenfranchised” youth that feels that society just doesn’t understand. But we’ve gotten waaay off topic.

Are you so sure about that? We are cursing an event, rather than a person.

So we’ve gotten waaay on topic. A hot topic.