Crystals from China

Hey all! I’ve been wanting to get some (more) crystals for myself and while looking at local webshops they were more on the expensive side… I looked on sites like Wish and Aliexpress and while the photos look good and some items have good reviews I’m kinda bothered if I’d get a REAL crystal or not.

Once I was given a piece of amethyst which turned out to be a clear quartz crystal painted purple… Looking at these sites I’m worried if the crystal I want to order is just resin or glass with paint mixed in…

Are the crystals legit on these sites? Or should I just bite the bullet and not cheap out on everything?

Go on Etsy man , don’t buy a crystal from those Chinese e-commerce sites

3 Likes

I haven’t really looked around there, but I’ll check some etsy stores! Thanks!

1 Like

Forsure , EBay if you can find a reputable seller works too , most stores on the internet dedicated to crystals are a bit overpriced

2 Likes

Some fake crystals are made so well that you cannot detect it with your eyes. If something feels off, like the price, I wouldn’t buy.

3 Likes

@John_Wick Yeah, Ebay was always hit or miss for me, and I usually see people selling the same stuff (from China) that is sold on the sites I mentioned. Still I’ve seen the same photographs used on Aliexpress on Etsy too, but I trust the sellers on Etsy more…?

@anon10524665 The best option would be going to stores and checking the crystals IRL, but that’s not always the option I guess… with other stuff, I heavily lean towards ordering.

1 Like

Ikr, its a pain in the ass especially for Europeans… I’ve found really good stores with huge variety and really good prices with legit stones buuuuut they’re in the US and they either don’t ship worldwide, they won’t ship at all or the shipping cost + waiting time will be the same as getting a stone from an expensive store.
Dammit US, you got all the good stuff…

2 Likes

You can message the sellers and ask them to take personal photos so you can get better view of it and not just go off the stock photo they use

1 Like

I feel you… damn Western World! :laughing: The cheap price + expensive shipping is a common thing sadly… Sometimes I’m bothered by the waiting time (1-2 months), but my orders usually arrive when I completely forget about them. Also the current state of the world slowed down deliveries too, so it’s just better to forget about the package :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve personally gotten nothing but amazing real crystals from Etsy you can always check the reviews and talk with the seller

2 Likes

Hm… I mean it’s such an obvious thing and I didn’t even think about that! :sweat_smile: When I go around shopping I’ll try to do that!

1 Like

There are actually a lot of trustworthy shops, also in Europe. I tend to buy from smaller shops, who also sell not so shiny, more normal looking minerals. Last one I ordered from was a mineral museum. Many trusted shops also tell you where the stone was mined.

3 Likes

I feel you soo much… I’m waiting like 6-7 packages since end of June, est delivery time is anywhere between…Aug 10 to Nov 25…

1 Like

In the past I loved going to mineral shops, but there are also depleted mines in the countryside which have crystals laying around - I planned a trip to one of these places. I don’t know if the effort put in counts in this case, but I think if you find the crystal yourself, it’ll feel more like yours I guess.

1 Like

I need to get some moldavite Lately it’s been calling out to me :rofl:

2 Likes

The best is when the tracking says that your packages are in your country or at the post office, but you’re waiting for weeks and nothing happens… :sweat:

1 Like

Ooooh, I wanted to get one, but after looking around and checking prices I put it on the “sometime in the future” list lol

1 Like

Yeah moldavite is pricey , but the effects sound worth it

Also I think we can emphatize with this meme :joy:

5 Likes

Kidding me? I have a package right now stuck somewhere in Russia!!

1 Like