Creating an entity to protect children

But what if one of these children were going to be a massive villain that murders people ruthlessly?
Would you still support them?

3 Likes

Well that’s kinda extreme don’t you think?..

I am bringing up a discussion about individual ethos and moral and how it could be applied to magic.
It also could raise the discussion about the consequences of magical actions that we consider benign but may have other implications.

It is a hypothetical scenario which, if discussed, could be very interesting.

3 Likes

I’m in my opinion environment creates a person. If the person had hope maybe they turn into a good person. They won’t have hate in them.

What about proven biological and genetic factors that make people prone to aggression and other traits labelled as “antisocial/sociopathic”?

1 Like

Here,this can help you Creating Servitors On a Advanced Level

1 Like

Thank you

Genetically I’m also prone to psychosis. However my belief still is there.

Your answer is both has an influence on what kind of person a child will turn into.

3 Likes

Then would you take the risk?

Absolutely. Magicians manipulate our environment. I will do it if it brings good.

Especially considering no one is inherently a villain since morality is subjective in the first place.

At people with low IQs and a high propensity for violence and erratic behavior. I think the only reason there’s a debate is because certain philosophical spectrums are in fact regressive.

3 Likes

Thats why my SO decided against donating his organs after death :thinking:

3 Likes

So you want to live in a world where every child gets their DNA tested and then someone says “Sorry, IQ too low, genes too bad, go have an abortion.”? No I don’t think you want that.

So again, we will not know who has bad genes and who doesn’t. Hence it is very legitimate to have the desire to protect all children.

2 Likes

Will reply tomorrow Helena, I have somewhere to be right now.

1 Like

On second thought, before I go I will reply.

Yes I do want that, don’t assume you know me or what I want or believe. Big mistake.

I also want to protect children, but want to eliminate low IQ people and abnormally violent individuals from the gene pool.

Have a pleasant evening.

The question is, is it worth investing your energy in others by omitting conflict (aka ground for learning)?

It was an example made to suit a general concept. But it was maybe too moral.

I’m not gonna get involved into another useless and off-topic debate.
Just one final quote from the mighty Paarthurnax:

“What is better – To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature though great effort?”

4 Likes

I think I’ll just lurk in the shadows, seeing how this unfolds…

2 Likes

But at what point would someone refer to his nature as “evil”? At the end of the day everyone thinks he is on the right track of moral and virtue. When in doubt everyone else is simply wrong.

5 Likes