Copal vs Dragons Blood incense survey

Which do you prefer and why?
I use Dragons Blood because Lilith and Samael are said to like it, plus you can grind it into a powder and mix it with ink or in my case blood for powerful writings.

7 Likes

Honestly I have never tried Copal, but the spirits i work with gather at the near instant I light some Dragonsblood.

Its very versatile energetically. Its like a WD-40 incense for all things Darkness and Evocation based lol

Believe it or not, Myrrh works well too

8 Likes

My bedroom/temple is filled with Dragons Blood resin smoke as I type. A ritual is being done for me on my behalf and I’m using as a welcoming.

4 Likes

Do you prefer the resin or stick? I use resin.

4 Likes

I use sticks.
I take a bunch of those bitches and lit em up XD

4 Likes

I use a small electric stove and a oven proof bowl and burn away.

1 Like

Dragons blood.

3 Likes

I use which ones i have a positive reaction to when i smell it. Doing this has always worked with Spirits as well. I will look up what is liked but sometimes lighting that dragon’s blood just fits even if it’s not on the list of liked incense.
There is another one i find at walmart (illusion) that is very popular for me as well. Both these have a smell i find appealing.

I’ve never tried Copal, mostly because of where i live. Incense that burns heavy smoke i can’t use, it hits my husbands allergies but if i tried to light it out on my patio it would draw too much attention from the neighbors and get me in trouble with the management lol.

I use both sticks and cones that i put into a very small cast iron dutch oven lol. It’s absolutely perfect as a burning device or “cauldron” i flip the lid over so the handle is on the inside and it works beautifully at suffocating when i’m done.

4 Likes

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MpxHMhvuijQPxnR99

4 Likes

I need one of those in my life :joy:

2 Likes

All the smoke with no ashes.

1 Like

None of the above, I use a blend of black and gold frankincense. And resin form of course, stick incense has a lot of negative health effects.

1 Like

I like the cauldron.

2 Likes

Please explain, I never heard about that. I used stick with no problems.

1 Like

Dragons Blood - resin, on charcoal. I like the little square Japanese charcoal over the big round ones. I default to Sandalwood Japanese stick incense though.

I had Copal but didn’t replace it when I ran out - it was fine, but sort of forgettable for me. If I was asked for something specific I’d use it, but I haven’t yet.

3 Likes

I had a friend who ended up in the hospital because people around him were burning stick incense, it took the doctors a month or two to realize the cause of his pain, he was out after a couple of weeks. It was easy to treat, difficult to diagnose.

Basically, it’s because stick incense has added pollutants to make it into a stick form, incense is a resin, not a stick. Furthermore, incense is not flammable, it won’t hold a burn, it needs to be in a position where the resin is under constant high temperatures.

So, incense sticks (and cones, can’t forget them), have mixed the resin with a solid stick that will be flammable. A lot of the cheap sticks will have worse ingredients, however, usually if you’re okay with paying through the nose for it, good incense sticks are available from reputable vendors.

Now, if you light up a cheap incense stick once a week, are you going to end up in the hospital like my friend? Unlikely. But, I’d rather skip the hassle all together and stick with the millenia old tried and true method. As the true Capricorn that I am.

3 Likes

Both have surely their elemental/planetary correspondences… In 1 or 2 vids E.A. says that copal produces a thick smoke, so I’d say copal for evocation and dragon’s blood as a “generic” incense.

1 Like

From what I gather, many low-vibration entities do. I think I will write an article on this, lol. I think it has something to do with the fact that it is a naturally occurring red. Same reason it is good to clear a space of undesired psychic residue.

I use dragon’s blood to release chaos sigils, too, by burning the sigil into the incense smoke and mixing them. This might work well with your DB ink.

Copal. It works better for purification in my part of the world, and for clearing some entities/energies (especially with local nature ones), IMO, and I like the smell better. It blends with other ingredients I use all the time, too, in incense and smudge crafting. Crush up a bit of copal into powder/tiny pebbles, and when you wrap a smudge you dust it into the layers. It adds a nice touch.

It creates a better smoke, too. Cleaner, just make sure you are getting the real and not the processed crap. The processed stuff is very dirty, and leaves an almost fuel-like undertone to the smell. The real stuff is crisp and clean. Once you know the difference there is no mistaking it.

I also like copal because I can use it in crafting to keep things natural. It makes a good varnish if you are willing to put in the effort.

Copal can make for a good way to keep mosquitoes away, too.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Dragons blood, myrrh, frankincense. Mainly stick but after reading above I’m gonna switch to resin. Thanks everyone! I also agree with how quickly spirits come to my altar when the dragons blood is lit.

3 Likes