(Controversial) What Are Your Thoughts On God

@Aprentiz I think that is a noble idea but if you are not a mod you shouldn’t say something!!! It is up to the person who started the thread and or a mod!!! My assumption is that I have said something that you don’t agree with and you felt the need to single me out!!! How about respect for the Moderators and the person who started the thread leave it to them!!! That would be the true noble thing to do!!! We all have civil liberties here I would like to think or is it an illusion that we do???

@Aprentiz You have a good day too :smiley:

I don’t believe there is just one God the way most religions put it. I believe if there was a God who created as all. It would need to have a balance in everything. Which would mean not only would it be categorized as a man but a woman as well. A Devil and a God. An Angel and a Demon. Light and Darkness.

Because if we are a product of it’s creation and we embody light and darkness then why shouldn’t it?

A snake can’t give birth to a dog. It would give birth to a snake.

Therefore, a God to me is a source. Embodying all things and denying nothing. For if it denied good how would we know evil and if it denied evil how would we know good?

:slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Why would we need to know Good or Evil why couldn’t we just “Be” through Be-ing??? Does a snake or a dog know whether it is Good or Evil???

1 Like

We are just a figment of God’s imagination!!! Ask Ethan: Is The Universe Itself Alive?

No… I don’t think you got my point. A snake or a dog does not know if it is good or evil. It just is as it is. That is what I see God as. A being who just is. Who does not discriminate good from evil and evil from good.

A being who just is…

At one point we were just as we were not knowing Good or Evil as well!!! And I got your point completely!!! :smiley:

1 Like

:blush:

1 Like

Ah! Ok so my answer will be controversial. As a witch in my background yes I do believe He exist as I believe in all other gods, but he isn’t for me. I grew up in a mostly strict black Christian household and yes being sensitive to energy I could sense power and presence when people (real vs fake bible thumpers) pray to him BUT too many negative outcomes happen versus anything positive and the religion is suffocating with slave like mentality because their god is well selfish and mean if you ask me. Even as a little kid I never connected with the beliefs when my parent made me go to bible school. I was always drawn to Satan himself and never felt he was evil but instead mistreated wrongly. So yes I do believe In him existing being sensitive but he isn’t my god. Sooo I hope I haven’t confused anyone. Plus it makes me upset to find out my family on my mother side were witches but it stoped because my Great grandmother changed for her husband when she moved to Ireland with him. When she came back to America my guess she stayed Christian (brain washed to believe she was bad or something like that) Like seriously!!! :sob::sob::sob::tired_face:. The weird thing was she kept her old notebooks full of her spells and practices and I was blessed to get my hands on it because my grandmother didn’t care if I took it. My grandmother told me lots of cool stuff about her mother and said she would sometimes practice in secret . But my mom was upset when she found out what I learned but whatever. Ok I’m going to stop rambling lol :joy:.

2 Likes

Here what I have to say on the topic… Hahahahaha LMFAO!!!

We have a creator however other ancient gods contributed to our development also. So I would say yes I believe there is a “God” of creation.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Asher I found this interesting information…

I work in different paradigms, but some years ago I sacrificed my life to a “being” I regard as embodying the primordial essence of everything, on every plane and in every dimension, encompassing both Being and Non-Being on the basis of verified (by lineage and tradition) personal gnosis, whom I variously refer to by the names Kālī Mā, Śiva, Bhairava, or Kālasaṅkarṣinī. To name or anthropomorphize such a “being” is to attempt to conceptualize the unconceivable. I like the opening line in the Daodejing, “the way that can be spoken of is not the eternal Way.” In my view/gnosis, the ways of approaching the Way are many, and some are more refined and accurate than others, but no conceptual understanding of “God” or “Goddess” is absolute. Regarding him/her/it as a personal Being is just as (il)legitimate as regarding it as an impersonal energy or ground of being or universal consciousness or Great Void. Concepts and names are helpful to a degree, but should not be mistaken for direct insight into the physis/nature of Being and beings. Summarized, my conceptual view is one-in-all, all-in-one; each individual contains the unlimited potential of the Godhead.

2 Likes

@Kaalananda I see you joined us back in February of 2017 but have never done an introduction. Please go to the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and your experience in magick. It has been a rule of this forum since 2014 and is required of everyone.

Thanx EVibez, nice info

1 Like

@Asher Yeah no problem it is really weird I totally happened upon completely by mistake I wasn’t even looking for it!!! But it was exactly what you and I were discussing really strange!!! Lol!!!

I want to first say I agree with everyone who says they use multiple paradigms to understand “God” or their world. I also so the same, and the patchwork of unrelated paradigms can be difficult to explain. The best way I can summise god would be the thing that contains the energy of everything. So the all so to speak. We are all “God” and simultaneously we are not “God”. We are a part of him (shatter crystal theory i suppose) but not him. S/he is everywhere and nowhere at all times.

Personally I don’t work with this all often. I don’t really agree with the idea that “god” is conpletely impartial or uncaring (if that was the case why bother with creation?), but i feel because it is so large, vast, and alien, we cant begin to understand the granduer and magnitude of its thoughts.

I consider myself to be many and not one, and “god” has given me a name and a picture to work with it. Like me this god is also one but many. I want to say more but fear giving too much out. IO Ashura.

1 Like

What was before of All…How can be 1 thing be the first…all things need 2 or more To Become Some thing Else in my subjective/small world view. Is the Paradox a blind spot? the unkown factor?