Complete and utter stagnation

It seems like Everytime I get a bit of progress towards my dreams I completely stagnate for months or even years. Then I get depressed about it. It feels like I’m never going to reach what I want. Any advice?

9 Likes

If you share your goals and what you’re doing, I’m sure we’ll be able to help

2 Likes

To become a famous musician/YouTuber.

1 Like

And like I said im not doing anything :sweat_smile: it’s like a wall that I can’t knock down or climb

1 Like

Sounds like self-sabotage. Why are you stopping yourself from achieving your dreams, or at least going after them?

E.A. said something powerful in his live chat the other day. I don’t remember the exact words, but it was something to the effect of, deciding what you want is half the battle. If you decide on the direction you want to go, your power will flow there and it will happen, unless you stop yourself.

Lucifer’s taught me many times about the value of the will, of just deciding what’s going to happen and how things will look. He doesn’t accept any weakness from me on that point—no wining, no complaining, etc. That’s paid off wonderfully though.

So I’d say, again, why are you stopping yourself? Are you afraid of your dreams? Are you really committed to doing what it takes to have them?

6 Likes

That’s a big goal. The first thing I’d say is that YouTube is incredibly saturated and the algorithms no long favour up and coming channels. If you want to make it on YouTube, you’ll need to build a large audience, elsewhere, and bring them to YouTube with you.
Music is a far more achievable goal, provided you pick a popular music style and get yourself noticed by the right people. But even then, you’ll need something unique about your music that places you apart from the competition.
Once you’ve got the music style and something to set your music apart from the crowd, magic can be used to gain the right contacts. Build up a considerable audience, offline, then take your music to a YouTube channel.

6 Likes

Maybe you can bring yourself to upload your content on youtube on a regular basis, like every two weeks or so, so you get used to actually do something in order to create content

2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m willing to do what it takes to get there but when I’m faced with work it’s like I get scared and I don’t know what to do

2 Likes

Why is it you’ve chosen music and YouTube ?

1 Like

Pair it down to smaller steps. Just do something every day, or at least most days. Momentum will carry you far. When combined with magick, you’ll have a far greater chance of success.

2 Likes

I guess YouTube is secondary. I just want to connect with my fans. And music Because I love it and I’m good at it.

2 Likes

There is no “chance”.it’s going to happen. There is no failure. I just need to get over myself :joy: not trying to be rude. I’m just not going to allow anything to stop me. I’m going to bend the very fabric of space if that’s what it takes to get there

4 Likes

Well my advice would be to start off playing in a few live music pubs and build up a local reputation. You’ll start to be able to sell records locally, and you can slowly build up from there.
YouTube is an easy way to rip alot of money out of your fan base, through patreon, but you need the fan base first

3 Likes

I think you need to learn to be still. Sometimes, you’re unnecessary attachment to the desired outcome starts to make the current state seem ugly/vile. This is not the case: no state is actually better than another–it’s all relative.

Do you meditate daily? Do you frequently recognise the things you have going for you? Lust for outcome is what fundamentally delays the perception of it

6 Likes

That is what it is. I get so depressed at not having it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

But I can’t just give up. This is going to happen for me

2 Likes

Have you been to any events where people could hear you play ?

3 Likes

No. There is not a single musical event or bar within fifty miles :joy:

1 Like

You need to alter your focus. It is a great idea to get back to the simple, childish basics espoused in The Secret Trilogy by Rhonda Byrne except avoid the “manifesting techniques” because they may increase your dissatisfaction. Just focus on frequent recognition ( :slight_smile: not gratitude :slight_smile: ) of the things you have going for you, meditate, being present in every moment. Performing general rituals to engage the fundamental essence that the spirit or entity or ritual symbolises instead of specific goals. Find other activity you enjoy and engage. Lust for outcome can actually stall things or even make it worse.

3 Likes

Then there’s your problem: no one knows you exist. You’ll get holiday time in your job? Use some of it to travel to an event

3 Likes