Climbing The Newbie Mountain

I’m MoutainMike though my irl name is Marious Anton Zimmerman (yeah my parents… :roll_eyes:). Often in school I got called Mazzy or Mazzie. Ironically, I do enjoy mazes and puzzles even if I am terrible at solving them. Word search, crosswords, actual mazes on paper (and irl like corn mazes), and i learned of sudoku that in turn made me find magic squares leads to tetris, to etc etc.

How’d i find BALG? I was researching moutain and hill deities or strength like Atlas and Herackles and somehow a link popped up on google. I can’t say i practice magic unless determination, conquering goals, nature, and biking and hiking are magic. There certainly are deities and wheels and circles involved in aome magic i’ve read so that’s a plus. Clocks and time and moving forward like a wheen going forward or hands on a clock. Oddly, i prefer to jog counter clockwise around tracks.

I like tunnels, isolated places, walking in the city at night when it looks abandoned or “eerie.” Strange houses where you swear there is a presence even if its just the house “breathing”.

What am i interested in?
Well, movement and pain erradication. Waking up is tough in the morning and pain is a part of that. Maybe its age and onset arthritis or RSI (repetitive stress injury) or something more sinister like illness. I get tired of taking IB profren and acetametaphin but i dont mind eating raw ginger root (skin and all) and tuneric root (both go great in salads, scrambled eggs, dips, etc). I’m surethere are other anti-inflamatories and i can’t find ginseng at all in the stores.

I bike and hike when i can and i hope to get a new mountain bike more my size or a hybrid. When biking i have learned that you need good protected tires or you can expect flats. Blackberries, sharp sticks/rocks can make life tough on a trip. The Pyramid Nuts for Axle/Cranks is another issue. If that bolt is stripped expect to lose the nut no matter how tight you ratchet it. I’ve used locktight to limited effect snd am considering finding a threader to fix the stripped nut. I had to order new nuts once via amazon and it took forever. Yeah, its not my favorite mechanic on a bike and I’d prefer older style crank shafts but maybe its just a bad bike (it was used). These mountain bikes i have are too small and are terrible road bikes. I have qiute a route to get to actual biking in the rough so maybe that’s wear n tear.

Hiking is a bit better but shoes and boots i buy fall appart too quickly. Bring a small e-tool and toiletries just in case and be sure they are environmentally friendly. Some places i’ve visted people literally shat on the paths. UGH! Its not that hard to find an isolated off trail spot, dig your hole, go, clean up, bury, and get on with your hike. It happens from time to time and the hills/mountains get me a good 80% of the time. TMI? Maybe.

Naturally i pack water, food, and empty bags. You’d be surprised the litter you can find. I make sure i leave no trash (toiletries are burried and not plastic but paper etc as leaves and cones, needs, grass are uh… rough to say the least and if no water around… well unpleasant). Taking trash out is fine and i’ve spent hours doing that at times.

On trail or off-trail? Depends… both can be good and sometimes you make a trail though it might be based on animal tracks or paths and the deer/elk don’t seem to mind if you make a path. More than a few i’ve made have become favorites for deer based on their droppings being all over the new paths.

Magical practice?
Maybe some meditation, contemplation, breathing, movement exercises. I believe all things have a spirit and movement is abundant in all things considering atoms and smaller move. Do i want to see spirits or beings? Its hardly important unless presented. I believe in doing what I can with what I have. I try to put a positive spin on my life even if I live in a mire/muck situation that is quite unoleasant. Getting away in nature in solitude is what i do to just clear my head. Oh! I take amatuer pictures on my phone too (i really need to get something with better zoom).

I’m rambling. That’s all i can think of for now.

3 Likes

Welcome, I like that threads name seriously.

1 Like

I try to be original when i can. I spent a bit of time looking at the Demon-bot links and reading them. I was unaware the site has 1 moderator and 1 administrator and I guess around 4k members. I suppose if i was a spelunker its be “Descending the Newbie Depths?”

There is quite a bit of info the D-bot gives. A goid read.

1 Like

We have one moderator worth of 1000.

3 Likes

We operate member-moderation, I’ll send you a PM later with info in but basically take a look at the rules, and we ask everyone to help keep the forum civil by flagging anything they’re uncertain about:

:kiss:

2 Likes

Ah! That’s pretty nifty. And just got a notification. These are neat!

And stairs and climbing are always fun, IMHO. I was at a small doctor’s office the other day that had amazing wooen faux wall sconces and stairwells. It even had a hallway that looked eerie like you were going into an old old section of business buildings… yellowish walls, brown carpet, bad lighting. Kind of creepy and out of place. It dead ended to a locked door so not much for exploration.

1 Like

Just so those who don’t know this is the type of nut I’m talking about.
http://www.bikeman.com/store/graphics/00000001/Alt-imageB/CR/CR4090B.jpg

Now this tool is similar to what i want to get except I’m not having pedal problems; mind is the arm falls out from the main sprocket hub. It needs a rethreading and i bet that tool set covers that.

Repairing shoes that lost their souls or bottom half…? Well, I made franken shoes but using gorilla tape and glue. It works for short walks.

AH! I did it!
https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/discobot/certificate.svg?date=Jun+28+2019&user_id=12625

I hit the wrong capybara link the few times.

I’ll just prnt screen and upload the pic later.

Why? There is no need.

1 Like

Well, it gave me the idea about taking phone screenshots of various pages just now since Idon’t always use a computer. Some pages disallow copy, save of pictures and word blocks are cool at times. I don’t mean strictly for this forum but blogs in general. Sometimes a screen shot is better imho than a quote. Noticing the certificate isn’t an entire image but something else made me realize that perhaps learning screenshots on thd phone would be helpful. And its a task I hope to accomplish.

What on earth are you on about? Fixing bikes, screenshots… This is a magick forum, we have off-topic chat but please try to keep that as the minority of your posts or it just looks like you’re trolling, and that’s pretty dopey.

There’s no need to be bashful but please keep things on topic. :+1:

3 Likes

Ok seriously I cant stop laughing right now :joy:

2 Likes

I thought introductions were about getting to know the person and I am keeping it in just this intro thread. I am not spamming or trying to annoy people. I thought others might enjoy that some people learn new things and tools are available. Just because i don’t jump immediately to magical talk doesn’t mean I won’t.

Much like a tire I’ll get “around” to it eventually.

1 Like

Bro better pm me than post it here because its a magickal forum like she said :smile:

1 Like

Ok. I’m not having a lot of luck with phone scrnshotting anyway. I don’t have much left on this topic anyways.

Post some nature photos you took, they’d be more interesting than screenshots of things from this forum we all already know. :+1:

1 Like

Ok…

Most of these are from the hospital art gallery but i did get a picture of the sconce, hallway and tree. I had recently moved a thousand pics to the computer including my nature ones. If i had higher speed i’d set up an amateur photo gallery from all my pictures. I have a lot of snow and clouds for somr reason.

Hmmm… that turned out terrible. Just the hallway? :woozy_face:

Well there are plants. Taa-daa.

Let me try that again. Tried too many at once.

Some from the art gallery… they look like realm canvas pics but i think they’re prints on canvas.