Cleanse, consecrate, and charge....everything?

for a while I’ve been looking into Frater X’s YT channel, Mind and Magick. in one if his videos where he explain what magick is, he uses Crowley’s definition and explains that because of that definition, everything you do, think, say, ect. is magick. he also explains in another video about cleansing, consecrating, and charging ritual tools and stuff. so if you combine those two ideas, that everything is magick, and that you should cleanse magickal tools and such, then wouldn’t it make sense to cleanse, consecrate, and charge all of your belongings since everything you do is magick, and you use objects to do stuff? what do you guys think? am I just over thinking it?

1 Like

You’re overthinking it.

Magical tools are cleansed and consecrated for a specific purpose, but not every object in your life is used in that way. What makes an action magical is the intention you hold while doing that action, the action is not magical in and of itself.

1 Like

I agree with DarkestKnight, and would add, any object can become magick in an instant, but it still needs your attention and intention to make it so.

For example, your having dinner, and there are two knives crossed on the table:

a) you don’t notice, and it doesn’t matter: it’s not magick
b) you notice and remember that two knives crossed is bad luck, and you reach to uncross them to ward off bad luck: now you just did magick

1 Like

let’s say you have an object that you want to help you do something in a specific way, or to just be generally more skillful with the object. can you involve that object into a ritual somehow or otherwise do something to it to help you with what you want it to do? and if so, what kind of resources can you point me to regarding things like that?

That’s basically what a talisman is, an object charged with a specific intention. A good example is the stereotypical rabbit’s foot. By rubbing it, you effectively give it energy to charge it with the intention of drawing luck to you.

Energy work. Cleansing, charging, and consecration are nothing but the technique of infusing energy with specific intention.

Yes, tomorrow clean and consecrate your pen and desk in school. That’s a funny point of view :rofl:

yeah, it sounds silly…but if you could do that, and you knew it worked, why not? if what makes an action magical is the intention, like what DK said, then by that logic anything could be magic as long as the intention’s there, right? and if your intention involves your pen and paper then I think it’s appropriate to include them somehow. I bet people are already subconsciously putting energy and intention into mundane objects and they don’t even know it. wouldn’t it be better to do it consciously?

1 Like

you know how some guys will say their car is a piece of junk because of this and that etc. what if they’re subconsciously putting that junk energy onto their car, further causing it to be a piece of junk? it’s like a feedback loop where they’re perpetuating it because of their attitude. I’m not saying that’s exactly what’s happening, but you can connect dots between someone’s attitude toward something and how that thing is doing. there may not even be any energy involved, just their attitude alone could block them from wanting to take care of their vehicle for example. basically their intention is not in the right place.

1 Like

Yes that’s right.

Right you are again :slight_smile: That IS exactly what’s happening. I actually talk to my car as a person and take care of it, especially if there’s an issue. The positive intention is one way to include magick in your whole day.

Another example is enchanting your food before you eat it, to cleanse it of any negative energy and put in healing and nourishing energy that helps you stay stronger.
Both Taoists and Christian do this as a normal routine. The Taoists have Taoist prayers, the Christians call it “saying grace”. Wiccans talk about this as well. It works great.

1 Like

Frater X is a good beginner channel, but I wouldn’t follow his suggestions in general. You are over thinking it. Most of what he teaches is psychological tricks which does intertwine with magick but they are two separate things. Not everything you do is magick if we’re speaking practically… Frater X is also not as advanced as he might think he is. He even admitted he has no idea what happens after death and thinks it is impossible to know about the afterlife. Which goes to show he has never learned / experienced deeper occult practices such as soul travel. If you want to learn properly, read books by reputable authors such as Kenneth Grant, Robert Bruce, Asenath Mason, etc.

In magic, you are trying to effect environment with metaphysical means.

For example, when you are writing something, you just don’t expect function which is not inherent in pen’s nature, and then you are using your pen without problem. This is the physical usage of pen.

And you probably even put not much energy to your pencil, your psychic energy flows mostly to paper and energy in the paper disappears soon because of weakness.

There is no need to consider these weak energies