I have worked a little different both with elemental inhaling from Bardon’s work Initation Into Hermetics and chakra chant. What I have noticed is that when for instance chant the root chakra I feel the same energy as when I inhale the earth elemental through Bardon’s breaching techniques. Is it actual just 2 different methods for the same? That my root chakra chanting actual infuse the earth elemental energy into my system because the chakra takes the energy in.
The root chakra is the first chakra in the body’s chakra system. This chakra has earth energy, and it’s associated with the feeling of grounding and safety.
There are 7 chakras in the human body and these are the elements associated with each chakra:
- Root Chakra ( Muladhara ) - Earth Element
- Sacral Chakra ( Svadhishthana ) - Water Element
- Solar Plexus Chakra ( Manipura ) - Fire Element
- Heart Chakra ( Anahata ) - Air Element
- Throat Chakra ( Vishuddha ) - Ether (Space) Element
- Third Eye Chakra ( Ajna ) - Light
- Crown Chakra ( Sahasrara ) - Thought
And these are the planets associated with each chakra:
- Root Chakra - Mars
- Sacral Chakra - Venus
- Solar Plexus Chakra - Sun
- Heart Chakra - Moon
- Throat Chakra - Mercury
- Third Eye Chakra - Saturn
- Crown Chakra - Jupiter
The chakras in human body can also be classified as masculine and feminine:
- Masculine chakras (the odd chakras):
- 1st chakra: root chakra
- 3rd chakra: solar plexus chakra
- 5th chakra: throat chakra
- Feminine chakras (the even chakras):
- 2nd chakra: sacral chakra
- 4th chakra: heart chakra
- 6th chakra: third eye chakra
So when I chant the root chakra it’s an alternative to inhaling the earth element?
The intention encapsulated in the energy is definitely different even if they’re both Earth-aspected. Heaviness and stability is one of the sensory links to invoking the element Earth but bringing about a feeling of heaviness is not the full breadth of it. Although you could definitely use the root chakra as a channel to invoke elemental Earth into yourself, similar to how Tummo uses energetic structures in the navel to invoke elemental Fire. Although I am really not that familiar with chanting as a method for invocation, for all I know you could already be doing this. But if the intention behind the act is simply to bolster the root with vital energy then the physical manifestation of that energy is going to be different than if you specifically used elemental Earth.
Also keep in mind that the invocations are meant to be an early step towards more advanced and overt manifestations of elemental magic. I would recommend that you try out your chanting method for the room infusion and external elemental condensation exercises to see what happens.