Candle burn and wax

I had done a spell, in short, to remove someone, now I am still leaning towards the candle used as a reason why it burned the way it did. To explain, couldn’t get a black taper candle and the ones ordered were pushed back on shipping. So I made my own using the same white taper candle that was used in this candle spell. Crushed up charcoal disk and created the black candle which also reinforced the intentions I wanted out of this.

Now during the ritual the black candle burned at a much faster rate than the white and red candles

Throughout the burning the red and white burning fairly evenly and pretty clean all the way through. The black on the other hand had drips. One 1st piece that fell off to the left which later on looked to me like a snake. Off to the left of the knife all alone, that is until towards completion of the black candle burning had connected it self to the rest of the black wax remains.

The drippings at one point took on a view of what appeared to me as the black santisima muerte then of 2 people

The complete finish of the ritual left almost pretty clean burns of the white and red candles. Yet the black a lot of wax remains. Now as mentioned i could say the black candle I made using a white candle and charcoal had a part in it. So I will be recasting again eventually to see if all 3 candles burning evening and at the same pace.

However would like any thoughts from others

In my experience, the color of the candle doesn’t matter as much as the intent. Is it better to use the right colors? Eh. Maybe, but I’ve never been able to purchase black locally, and quite frankly I am not overpaying for essentially the same thing. A good alternative is to make your own, but it is a bit of a science as much as it is an art. I say this because everything from the color to fragrance can be effected by the type of wax and temperatures during melting and pouring. Black is a harder color to produce yourself as well- I usually got deep purples, and it took a lot of work to figure out.

I usually just try to use all the same types of candles from the same sources. I.g. If I am using taper candles, I will buy all the same brand if there are options. I still usually pick the cheapest because for the most part, in my practice candles are tools, and not a necessity. As a tool, I do try to watch how they burn, the direction the smoke travels and to eliminate things like the air conditioner blowing directly on them and influencing the flame and how it burns.

Some of the best candles I’ve used as far as consistent burning, are actually from the dollar tree and come in a pack of four for $1. For a while I lived in a town where we had the dollar tree or wal-mart, so I went with what was working best, and it was cheaper so that pleased me. They usually have several colors, but not lots- whites, yellows, reds, and purples. I don’t usually see pink or orange unless its in a decorative jar of sort. I do sometimes grab those, because the jars are the perfect size for jar work such as honey/war jars, but I use burn them for pleasure, clean the jar and store it till I am ready to use it. I like to get the ones with lids, so that I can burn a votive on top.

Now then as far as this working goes, I don’t see a photo showing before they were burning. It would maybe give some insight but It’s pretty clear these are made differently, possibly from different manufacturers etc. I say it’s clear, because the black candle is white inside, so it’s only coated with black on the outside. Not unusual in my experience with candles, that’s easier to produce than a pure black candle, but it makes it clear they are not the same as the red candle, is red on the inside.

I would tend to lean towards the black candle burnt faster due to the difference in the candles and look more at the was left over, the flame during the burn IF it did anything unusual as well the direction the smoke took when it was done.

I don’t see anything particularly worrisome due to the fact that these were taper candles, and as you said they burned pretty well near clean. My experience with tapers is you will almost always have the trails of tears down the side, they burn faster than votives and often the was at the bottom merges into a blob of colors. I would go with your gut feeling as far as if you feel there is any particular meaning to what is left, it will advise you better than we can. But, here is a little chart, I often use when doing jar work. It’s not perfect, nothing is but it gives you an idea. The only issue is if you forget which side you designated at the front, or moved the working to another location. (I often do if I start something then let it burn alone. I move it to a safer location than the floor of my room, or the table or wherever.)

I don’t remember where I found it, I’ve had it almost two years, but if the source is important a reverse image search should reveal it for you.

Thanks for your insight! For sure going to redo once I get in the black candles. You pretty much summed it up well. As i still am leaning that the black candle burning was in part of it being from the same box as the other white however I made with the charcoal disk to make black. Being that both the regular white and red burned evenly throughout the entire ritual. Practically the same kind of burn. With the occasional higher flame on either of the 3 depending where I stood. Having that in mind and that i bought them at the same time, product just different packs, it may have been the charcoal that made the black burn differently and leave all the left over wax.

On the other part I did keep in mind the burning effect that you mentioned with most of the black drips being on the top and the snake like remaining randomly just falling off to the left. With the redo may give me a better picture as the white/red is to kind of bring in the energy to get rid of the individual and protect from any of there foul behavior continuing, etc. And the black to give and allow the energy needed so that this person backs off and is removed completely from our path.

1 Like

I would lean towards this. Anytime you add something to a candle it will burn differently than the original would have. (YMMV) I’ve found this to be true with herbs and oils as well. People will dump a bunch of shit on top then go WOW THE FLAME BURNED SO HIGH. Well if you’d done nothing to the candle I would say great, but you added so much shit there, that it eludes to nothing. Charcoal tends to be something that burns well and hot, so I would assume this attributed to the way it burned extensively.

Another thing to note, is that while usually if they are in the same box they are from the same batch, that is not always true. I’ve worked in manufacturing and sometimes you have an incomplete order, half the batch of whatever your company is making is bad, etc. So your safer with same box, but not guaranteed. If you doubt it, just rework it is how I view it. Most of those candle spells and rituals that rely heavily how the burn went are fine to repeat to be sure you covered your basis and tackled the blocks. The only thing may be, the wax and how it burned can give clues to what is blocking it, which should be addressed before repeating the working.

1 Like

This is true!! Felt thw strong energy and kind of dont feel like there was anything major but the made black candle I used that caused the outcome of the black wax remains. As for the most part it was burning well except for the tiny bit that fell off to the left and a piece that fell to the top of it. All the other wax came once it had burned down and got to the last inch or so of it

With places starting to take out Halloween merch, I’m hoping I can get some black candles locally soon enough just to have and also one to redo.

1 Like

Well sounds like you got it then :). I would assume it’s a successful working, though I’d be wary of the piece that feel to the left, possibly being something in the past that could be a minor issue. It could be anything from a thought, to an event that occurred that would influence the working. It doesn’t seem to be a big issue, even if it is one though, based on the rest of the burning. The top could indicate something spiritual in the way, (such as a being that protects them or a shielding mechanism) but it seems unlikely, also based on the rest of the burn.

If you know of something, like the individuals have a child or idk (only thing off the top of my mind that would be an actual challenge) then I would do a working towards that first, if not just proceed as you have planned, you got this.

1 Like

Hiya OP! This looks like a good sign- in terms of color physics, black absorbs the most heat and energy, and in terms of art, it is a combination of most/all colors. Magically speaking, black is the color of consumption, absorption, “sponging up”, etc. and based on your statement that this was a spell to remove someone, it appears that the pattern you created was overclocked in order to soak up the target person. Nice job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Touched on a few things that were already up in my mind for added reasons of the burn.

This person although I personally can not confirm if they do but they give off an energy vibe that they do. Comes from a line of Santeria which is a part of the reason why I wanted to get them removed before they cause anything on anyone around me. Ever since they have come in the picture something just doesnt seem right so i have been wanting to protect myself and those close to me and just overall remove them far away. They do in fact also have a child which is another thing i had thouggt.

Thanks for your wise words and in short confirming my own thoughts to be on track!!

1 Like

Yes in fact it was! To get this person removed before they cause any further damage, issues if in fact they dabble in santeria. It was to get rid of them but stop them in their tracks to prevent from running towards but instead banish them out and away. My energy has been pretty low as of late so i was really glad with the way the flames were and how overall it came out. Just had a few minor doubts in head as my energy isnt all there.

Going to give this a week or 2 and recast while I finish on another ritual i am working on for 4 days. Then with all this that it helps get rid of this person completely

1 Like

Just from a technical perspective, charcoal is a better absorbed and conductor of heat than the white wax - by adding charcoal you make it easier for the flame to heat up and melt the wax.

Can anyone tell why my targets candle is completely burned out and mine is barely consuming itself?