Can you tell me the meaning of Crystallizing?

Those who certify pacts with the Vampiric Chain see its energy merging with theirs, crystallizing their astral bodies, and anchoring them closer to the Material Plane.

Can you explain to me what the word crystallizing means in this sentence? Unfortunately, I don’t speak English very well and I use a translator, but the translator doesn’t translate the word crystallizing.I need your help.

It means to solidify, to make denser and more solid.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer :blush:
If you don’t mind, could you also answer my additional question?

I don’t understand about making the astral body harder…what does it mean that the energy of the chain makes our astral body harder…?

Where did this come from? I wodl agrre wit hyou it’s not really making any sense out of context. Can you post a link or what book you got it from?

I would expect the author of that work has their own worldview and definition that feed into this that are different than mine, so without more information on what that is, my interpretation (which is, that’s bullshit) would be overly hasty.

While developing the “astral” body IS a common concept found in traditions that go as far back as qigong (called developing the cosmic embryo in Mantak Chia’s work) making it “harder” is not a great way to put it in my mind. There’s no such thing as “anchoring [the astral body] closer to the Material Plane”, that seems odd - again, we need the definitions from the author as they are not using commonly understood views here - what they mean might not be what I am reading into that quote.

Would the astral body be made out of chi?

That’s a good question. So qi means “energy”, so from that perspective, yes. But then everything is made of energy.

So, there’s different kinds of qi (primarily ata gross level, Ren (human) qi, Cosmic Qi and Earth qi (which is what Feng Shui works with - it’s geomancy), and on top there’s different kinds of bodies that we have. Your qi body is made of Ren qi: Ren means “human”.

You astral body is not a thing in qigong, that’s from a totally different model of reality, but you could probably argue that a good analog for the astral body in qigong is the mental body. This is not your qi body, it’s a more rarified and larger body that extends further out from your physical body than your qi or emotional bodies.

So, I’m not certain here and I’m not really a fan of mixing systems but, if Ren qi basically means “human energy” and knowing the “astral body” part of your human aggregate system of nested bodies, then I would say yes it’s Ren qi. It’s not the Ren qi in your meridians but it does have an effect on the emotional body, and the emotional body effects your qi body, and your qi body affects your physical body.

The reason I ask is because Matak Chia describes chi as having “material” aspects, so from that point of view, crystalizing the astral body becomes legit

This sentence is from the free chapter of the Scholomance book by N.D. BLACKWOOD.

N.D. BLACKWOOD is a vampirism adept who believes in the second death.
He aims to live forever in the astral plane.

Ah ok, in that case I’m going to move this over as he actually has an “ask me anything” topic, and he can respond the best way in the context of his specific worldview.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ask Me Anything — Scholomance : The Order of the Dragon With N.D. Blackwood