Can you reuse voodoo dolls?

Can you reuse a voodoo doll on a different target if you already used it on a target?

Technically, there’s nothing stopping you, but you’d have to completely disassociate the doll with the former target before you associate it with the new target.

It’d be easier to just make a new one in most cases.

1 Like

yea i guess so.

Not the kind of thing to skimp on IMO, so no, none of the potential side-effects are worth the price of a bit of cloth or wax, and a few minutes to shape them and do the work.

3 Likes

I’d say no, due to the fact the person was already bound to it.

1 Like

ok

I wouldn’t. But that’s just me. When you make a poppet you connect it to the target. Usually its baneful magick but not always. Since it’s sympathetic magick that poppet becomes the target and everything you want do to that target goes into the doll. As such i don’t think the poppet should be repurposed. It should be disposed of properly. It is a little material and stuffing of one sort or another. Wait until you have supplies and do it right.

1 Like

This is honestly why I use paper. Makes things less pricey.

1 Like

Good point! I didnt know you could use paper.

Ok… how do you use paper?? If you have to put all this stuff in it or stab it or melt wax on it …but you could set it on fire…

1 Like

It is rather inexpensive to fashin a new voodoo doll all you need is fabric, a cut out, thread , needle

1 Like

Well for me, at the time I used this method I didn’t have the job I have now. I’d take pillow fluff and staple the doll shut. Then I’d baptise it (I did hoodoo) and go from there.

2 Likes

If I wanted to fuck the bitch up, I’d stab em. I wanted them to physically hurt, I’d bury the bitch.

1 Like

Girl I could weave you all sorts of stories.

1 Like

I didn’t know paper was that badass! I thought it’d just fall apart! Wow! Thank you!

1 Like

Just don’t get it too wet.

1 Like

I’ma a make a doll story thread.

2 Likes

Japanese hitogata are essentially voodoo dolls that are made out of wood, though I myself usually make them out of non toxic paper. That allows for a ritual where you sympathetically devour their soul, if you burn the hitogata, mix the ashes in water and drink it. Of course you could just eat the paper but a) that’s rather dry and b) this is how talismans are traditionally consumed in magical taoism where this technique originates from. The effects of this can vary based on how well you manage to link the hitogata to the target.

1 Like

Link me to the doll thread please, always wanted to know how

2 Likes

ok thank you all.

@Aluriel I should have just asked you shouldn’t I?

1 Like