Can you partially evoke a spirit or spirits in a ritual?

It took years before I started to get consistent results, so the only advice I can give is to keep at it.
It took me that long because of certain spiritual baggage I carry, but everyone is different. Very few get it right from the start, and even the co-founder of this forum, EA Koetting, struggled to get results in the beginning.

2 Likes

I will absolutely keep at it.

Last question, maybe. Do you know any ancient grimoires that mention partial evocation either in those exact words or described it in such a manner, the way you have earlier?

There are spirits around us all the time that weren’t evoked by us that can be communicated with. All you need is either their presence in your space or
connection to them, if they aren’t. DarkestKnight explained it nicely, I see.

Ok. Do you know any ancient grimoires that mention partial evocation either in those exact words or described it in such a manner, the way DarkestKnight mentioned earlier?

Very interesting topic. As I see it, “partial evocation” could indicate that the spirit is listening, without manifesting itself in a visible way. In the sense that he is with you in the room, but without making himself visible in any way, or simply listening. Honestly, I’ve never heard of full-blown physical manifestation (as if we were in front of a person), but through the fumes of incense, or through a mirror. Having said that, I can tell about my experience with the great Belial. In short, I asked him for help with the work environment, and he helped me very well (by the way, I recommend working with him). Before and during the summoning, my heart was pounding, and I was in agitation. Suddenly I experienced a sense of great calm, and that’s when I realized that Belial might have manifested, and that this calm might come from his aura. Obviously I haven’t seen him, but this feeling I got made me assume he was there listening. In any case, I got more than I asked for, and I will always be grateful to him.

1 Like

Yes actually. The Sacred book of Abramelin the Mage mentions to the reader to not be so concerned about seeing a spirit and bringing it forth to physical materialization…but to focus only on getting the result that you want to get. In other words, if you get the evocation right, the spirit will hear you whether you are conscious of that fact or not. So to answer your other question:

“We” aren’t missing anything. This is largely a problem that you yourself have to figure out. If you search through the many results posted by people on this forum, you will see that in the vast majority of cases, the user did not report seeing any spirits during the rituals. As a matter of fact, one of my most recent results that I posted a few weeks ago where I got exactly what I asked for, I had to do an 11 day ritual to Nitika…and at no point during those 11 days did I see, hear or even feel the presence of a spirit…but I got the result I wanted nonetheless. Why? Because I don’t look for validations within my rituals in order to give me confidence in magick.

If I were to take a guess at what you are doing wrong, my guess is that you don’t actually believe in Magick. Just based on all the posts I’ve read from you, I get the feeling that you hope we are right about the reality of magick, but you don’t believe it yourself, which is why you sometimes go around questioning other peoples ability to perform magick:

When I see stuff like that, I view it as projection. The doubts in your own ability to perform magick, often gets projected on to the rest of us in your posts. The issue here goetic is that you will never get the validation you seek from other people. The experiences and results from other people can improve your confidence in magick, yes…but it can’t validate its reality to you. The only way to validate Magicks reality is to create your own proof. But you aren’t going to do this if you enter the ritual circle with a cloud of doubt around your head.

So my first bit of advice is to remove any sort of scrying mirrors or incenses from your rituals for the time being, so you don’t get discouraged each time when nothing appears. Instead, focus on the emotions required to manifest your reality. My second bit of advice is to pick one system and stick with it. If you have the Demons of Magick book by Gordon Winterfield, that’s a good one that seems to work well for beginners. And lastly, my third bit of advice: repetition repetition repetition. If you do a ritual for a particular request…repeat that same ritual several days in a row. I’ve been exploring this more lately myself, but I believe repeating rituals can be quite advantageous for two reasons:

1. It creates a cumulative effect where your emotional investment is concerned
  2. It indirectly kill your lust for result by killing your desire to even think about the result (I recommend reading that hyperlinked article on lusting for results too)

This is something that I was informed is quite popular within New Avatar Power (NAP) But if you are going to do this, you need to set the amount of days you are going to repeat the ritual beforehand and stick to that decision, so that it doesn’t turn into a situation of you repeating rituals constantly in order to make up for your lack of confidence. For example, if you want to bring a love interest into your life…I would pick Asmoday, and use the system for petitioning Goetic spirits in the Demons of Magick book…and I would repeat the ritual at least three times. This was actually something told to me by an old but experienced user as a way of raising energy…if you aren’t able to sufficiently raise enough energy in one ritual (and he said that this was especially necessary for many Gallery of Magick workings). By the end of my 11 day ritual that I mentioned earlier…I was so happy to not have to do any more rituals for that particular request, because I had thought about it so much…it started to become stale in my mind…kinda like if you eat too much of one food for too long, you come to despise it, even if its your favorite meal. This is a good mentality to have after a ritual is over because it eliminates that all important lusting for results that some folks fall into.

So hopefully with this bit of advice, you can start getting the results that you’re after.

3 Likes

Before and during the summoning, my heart was pounding, and I was in agitation. Suddenly I experienced a sense of great calm, and that’s when I realized that Belial might have manifested, and that this calm might come from his aura. Obviously I haven’t seen him, but this feeling I got made me assume he was there listening.

This has happened to me many times during evocation and like I mentioned earlier, I always took it as a sign that the spirit was there. But at the same time like I said, this could have been my nerves and emotions because the state of mind I was in.

There are examples of feelings taking over people when they are in certain state of minds.

For instance, when you are at a ball game and your team is loosing, in the mists of the shouting, the whistles, the laughing, the talking, the passes between the athletes, the shots that the athletes are taking, a feeling can come over you at the right time, like for instance when your team takes a shot in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Another example could be when you are at church singing, clapping, praying, humming in the mist of the music and the whole energy of the church session. You can have an overwhelming feeling come over you. You can understand why people would get different feelings come over them in such a state, right?

A final example could be a person at a concert seeing their favourite artiste or band in the mist of a crowd and loud music, singing and shouting. That person can have different kinds of overwhelming feelings come over him / her because of the exiting admiration that he / she has for the artiste or band.

Are any of these examples an indication that these people evoked spirits or could it simply be the results of the emotional state of mind that they were in? There is no way to absolutely tell, right?

However, when I am trying to do an evocation to make requests of the spirits, it is for real world effects that I want to see in my own life. When months have past since I have done such evocations and I have done everything that I need to do in this mundane world for things to work but yet I have seen absolutely no results, obviously I will start to question the feelings that came over me.

The results that I am looking for are not simple, like a (new) girlfriend, a better job, or better work situation, a few extra hundred dollars, things I could achieve without the help of spirits.

So, that’s what I have to say really. Can I, or anyone really trust my/their feelings and the idea of a “partial evocation” when there has been absolutely no results? Also, keep in mind that I have paid professional magicians that have also done partial evocations, who used and had far less energy, fervour, emotional involvement, as me, and I have also seen absolutely no results.

Honestly, I’ve never heard of full-blown physical manifestation (as if we were in front of a person), but through the fumes of incense, or through a mirror.

Right. That’s the idea I have of a full evocation or simply and evocation. The spirits should appear in some medium (water, smoke, mirror, etc.)

In my case, so, if I could rule out suggestion “partial evocation” would’ve took place even when I used to close myself in a bedroom as a preteen: like already wrote in another thread, I called a demon with the conjuration from Marlowe’s Faust and then felt an heavy atmosphere…
At the time I still expected for a successful evocation to mean a spirit appearing (and making people resurrect, or physically travel from a State to another one in a second); more recently when evoking I sometimes went just for presence, indeed.

Yes actually. The Sacred book of Abramelin the Mage mentions to the reader to not be so concerned about seeing a spirit and bringing it forth to physical materialization…but to focus only on getting the result that you want to get.

I recently purchased a digital copy of that book in a collection. If you can recall, could you tell me what chapter or section I could find this?

I would be comfortable and not fixated on bringing the spirit to physical materialization if I was getting results through the work I have done or i have seen results for the work I have paid professional magicians to do. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, right?

As a matter of fact, one of my most recent results that I posted a few weeks ago where I got exactly what I asked for, I had to do an 11 day ritual to Nitika…and at no point during those 11 days did I see, hear or even feel the presence of a spirit…but I got the result I wanted nonetheless. Why? Because I don’t look for validations within my rituals in order to give me confidence in magick.

So you needed quick cash and you wanted to try something new so you spent money, of which you didn’t have much of already, to try something that may not have worked? Why wouldn’t you have done something that you already know would more than likely work and would have costed you nothing? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

If I were to take a guess at what you are doing wrong, my guess is that you don’t actually believe in Magick.

I do believe in magic. That is why in spite of getting no results from the time I have invested in performing ceremonies and evocations and also paying professional magicians I still practice magic. I go out of my way not just to do the minimum but to actually follow every step as much as possible as described in certain grimoires I’ve read. So, don’t question whether or not I believe in magic.

I question other people’s ability to perform magick by asking logical and reasonable questions. If I am not getting results from the work I have done nor well known professional magicians after months of waiting and doing everything mundane that I need to do, don’t you think reasonably one’s mind would start to ask questions, if I/we are missing something here? I think so.

When I see stuff like that, I view it as projection.

Maybe it is projection. However, they are logical questions. Middle aged men sleep with young women all the time without the help of magic and demons. All the time. They simply make themselves attractive to young women and instead of staying home they go out to where they can meet the kind of women they want to meet. So, what’s the issue with me asking if it’s indeed magic that caused the results or simply your won effort that you put into the endeavour?

The issue here goetic is that you will never get the validation you seek from other people.

I’m not seeking validation. None whatsoever.

But you aren’t going to do this if you enter the ritual circle with a cloud of doubt around your head.

I don’t enter the rituals with a cloud of doubt. That’s why I keep going back in spite of the lack of results. It’s normal to have some doubt. We are all humans. Which of us can keep doing the same thing for months or years with absolutely no results and can honestly say they don’t have a shred of doubt? None.

So my first bit of advice is to remove any sort of scrying mirrors or incenses from your rituals for the time being, so you don’t get discouraged each time when nothing appears. Instead, focus on the emotions required to manifest your reality. My second bit of advice is to pick one system and stick with it.

If I remove the incense and scrying mirror from my ceremonies I don’t think I would be following the Solomonic system.

And lastly, my third bit of advice: repetition repetition repetition .

I don’t think that I can repeat the kind of ceremonial rituals that I perform one day after another. I usually wait for a certain moon phase, I mentally prepare myself days going into the actual night of, I abstain from certain things, etc. It’s very elaborate. However, I have recently been looking into Psalms magic and I do plan to perform one soon. That one I have already made plans to repeat 7 days consecutively into the date that I need to see the results.

So hopefully with this bit of advice, you can start getting the results that you’re after.

I will absolutely keep practising.

Yeah usually this is done using the mirror method.

1 Like

Do you mean scrying? So scrying is partial evocation?

I don’t recall off-hand…but if you have the book then I’m sure you can find it.

The fact that you’ve paid “professionals” doesn’t really matter much to us here, because as we are well aware, there are a lot of scammers out there. You haven’t mentioned any names so as far as folks here are concerned, these folks don’t exist.

This is part of your problem. You over-analyze way too much…and part of the issue is that you aren’t quite as logical as you’re making yourself out to be. Did it ever cross your mind that as an experienced magician, that I wanted to try out something new to expand my knowledge? So I bought an ebook which cost a mere $5 bucks…and got back $500…a 100x times return on investment. So on top of a huge return on investment, I now have another arrow in my quiver to utilize alongside all the other methods I have learned over the years of acquiring money via magick. This is how you grow…by trying new things, new methods…which is why I advised you to switch things up a little. And this doesn’t make sense to you? The problem with your attempts at logic here is that you fail to eliminate all possible variables before jumping to your conclusions. I believe the Sherlock Holmes quote, “When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.” Your issue is that you miss the part where you actually need to eliminate the impossible first. You didn’t eliminate the possibility here of me simply wanting to try something new and report back to the community my findings…and you kinda make the same mistake when it comes to troubleshooting your failures with magick.

P.S. I should note that I wasn’t facing nor was I in any sort of financial ruin by this situation. I simply had magickal supplies that I wanted to buy, and the cost was about ~$500…so i used it as an opportunity to expand my knowledge. If it failed, its not like I was going to get kicked out of my apartment or something serious like that. In non-critical situations like this, its a great opportunity to try out new forms of magick and see how well they fare…something I’d advise you to do as well.

Request denied. I’m sorry mate, but you can’t go around questioning other peoples abundance of results in magick (which you are free to do) and then turn around and not want anyone to question your scarcity of results in magick. It doesn’t work that way on here. I never said you couldn’t question anything. I simply rebutted with a statement as to why you were wrong.

“Middle aged men sleep with young women all the time” is a very generalized statement for starters. Depending on what culture you live in, it happens more or less often. I know here in Toronto Canada, a middle-age man in his 40’s or 50’s hooking up with 19 year olds isn’t nearly as common-place as it is in say, Asia or parts of South America. Additionally, even in places where it is common, it isn’t going to be a reality for every single middle aged man. You fail to take into account that the user in question may actually be horrible with women, or physically unattractive to them…so in his reality, having young women all of a sudden start throwing themselves at him isn’t actually common-place as you would put it…but incredibly rare. So for him, the result may have been a miraculous feat, where to someone else, it may have been no big deal.

Wasn’t it Einstein who said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results? This is again, why I advised that you drop the scrying mirror/incense and perhaps even try a whole different system entirely. Ask anyone here with experience, and they will tell you that not every method of manifestation they have used in order to get results has worked for them. Sometimes, it takes trial and error of different systems to finally land on something that works well for you. The ceremonial/solomonic way of evocation is not the be-all-end-all of Magick. Frankly, a lot of it is dated and kinda unnecessary. It may benefit you greatly to start utilizing a more streamlined and modern system of magick. If you insist on using the same system in perpetuity, you can’t be surprised that your results are the same.

2 Likes

Yes it has been stated that using scrying is like partial evocation since the spirit stays in the astral and your not trying to get the spirit to manifest physically. Heck Jasón Miller suggest that this method is best because requieres less effort. Even just doing thenonvocation and reciting the request can work.

I don’t recall off-hand…but if you have the book then I’m sure you can find it.

I will find it but at the end of the day, like you said the book mentioned, we are to focus only on getting the results we want to get. So, if I’m not getting results and well known professional magicians are also not getting the results then there is a problem.

The fact that you’ve paid “professionals” doesn’t really matter much to us here, because as we are well aware, there are a lot of scammers out there. You haven’t mentioned any names so as far as folks here are concerned, these folks don’t exist.

They very much exist. I wouldn’t name names because some of them are directly affiliated with BALG.

This is part of your problem. You over-analyze way too much…and part of the issue is that you aren’t quite as logical as you’re making yourself out to be.

That’s your opinion. I think I’m merely using my common senses.

Did it ever cross your mind that as an experienced magician, that I wanted to try out something new to expand my knowledge? So I bought an ebook which cost a mere $5 bucks…and got back $500…a 100x times return on investment.

When you are so strapped for cash that $496.92 means so much to you and you are a adept magician, I would think that the last thing you would want to do is spend money on something that isn’t certain. You could have always bought that book another time, like when you weren’t strapped for cash. So, I’m not an idiot. I’m simply using my common senses here.

So on top of a huge return on investment, I now have another arrow in my quiver to utilize alongside all the other methods I have learned over the years of acquiring money via magick. This is how you grow…by trying new things, new methods…which is why I advised you to switch things up a little.

So you have all these methods of “acquiring money via magick” that you have learned over the years but yet recently you were so strapped for cash? What have you been doing with all those methods that you are living on the edge so much? Honest question.

Also, is Damon Brand affiliated with BALG? I don’t think so and if he is not, then why are you promoting where members can spend money outside of BALG?

I created a post below after one of my other posts got removed. In the post that was removed, I asked for people’s experience with a certain magician from YouTube because I was thinking of hiring him.

Now, I understand the reason for my post being taken down. My question is, wouldn’t you potentially be taking away business from BALG by that post since people might read it and think that instead of purchasing a magical service from BALG it might be easier and cheaper to purchase this book and do their own spell, since it’s that easy? Couldn’t these same people, if they have success with that book, turn to other books of the same author which would take away further spiritual services and book sales from BALG since Damon Brand is a well known and prolific author? What’s the difference between my post that was removed and yours, that someone might have promoted the magician but your post is promoting a book?

“Middle aged men sleep with young women all the time” is a very generalized statement for starters. Depending on what culture you live in, it happens more or less often. I know here in Toronto Canada, a middle-age man in his 40’s or 50’s hooking up with 19 year olds isn’t nearly as common-place as it is in say, Asia or parts of South America. Additionally, even in places where it is common, it isn’t going to be a reality for every single middle aged man. You fail to take into account that the user in question may actually be horrible with women, or physically unattractive to them…so in his reality, having young women all of a sudden start throwing themselves at him isn’t actually common-place as you would put it…but incredibly rare. So for him, the result may have been a miraculous feat, where to someone else, it may have been no big deal.

Again, if you are interested enough in the outcome of your endeavour, with enough patience, persistence, and hard work you can accomplish almost anything. Magic is not needed. So, unless the women came out of nowhere to sleep with you this is not magic. It’s the result of your own actions. You reap what you sow. If I were to lay down in my bed and never leave my room no matter what ritual I did with whatever demon to attract women it would never work. Again, you reap what you sow.

OK. But still, you would see the spirit in the mirror so you would know for sure it was there and not speculate that based on what you interpreted as a presence from a feeling you had.

I have tried scrying many times and followed various different methods but just never got it to work. This I would love to have results with.

Thanks.

Ma dude the result is the best proof. Now in regards of scrying is not seeing as much as feeling and the images mostly happen in your head. This is a subjective are some feel spirits, some see them, some smell them and some even taste them. Those are sensory metaphors that your mind uses to alert you and inform you of spiritual phenomena. Meditate deeply for a few weeks and all will improve in your practice. In time you will learn to trust your inner senses.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this.

Dude…wtf are you talking about? When did i ever say that $496.92 dollars “meant so much to me”? You keep talking as if im poor or something…and I desperately needed this cash to save my life, lmao. This was literally an experiment to see if the magickal cashbook actually worked. I’ll say this for the last time…I wanted cash in order to buy some extra magickal supplies. This wasn’t a situation of “HOLY SHIT…if i don’t get this cash IMMEDIATELY I’ll be starving on the streets” I saw something i wanted in a store and so I saw an opportunity to try a new magickal technique in order to get it. If it didn’t work out, then yes…I’d simply revert to one of my older techniques. Christ dude…you act like its sacrilegious to dip your toe into a new system of magick. Its not that complicated to understand…

P.S. I also don’t know why you keep talking as if i spent thousands of dollars on this book. It cost $5 dude. You’ll spend more buying a happy meal at McDonalds. So when you say things like,

You honestly sound nonsensical. I’m not a homeless man on the streets. $5 is not even worth thinking 2 seconds about in exchange for useful knowledge…

And yes, its perfectly fine to make posts about other occult books that have proved effective. Its literally been done hundreds of times on here. They don’t have to be affiliated with BALG. When it comes to promoting peoples magickal services, that’s a different matter…but books are perfectly fine to recommend.

Anyways, I’ve said my piece. Good luck in your journey

1 Like

I don’t care if you are poor. That wasn’t my point. I’m poor myself. My point was that if you have all these magical skills in getting money that you have gained over the years why recently did you need quick cash? I don’t get it.

Anyways, I’ve said my piece. Good luck in your journey

Well I saw that you changed it from what you originally said, that if I continue my trajectory magic is never going work for me, and as long as it doesn’t affect you you are fine with that.

That’s fine. That’s how you feel. I will however get magic to work for me. It’s just a matter of time.

Thanks.