Can I do LBRP shirtless?

Can I do it shirtless or is it disrespectful??

2 Likes

Yes you can…

5 Likes

Yeah, you technically can do it nude if you wanted to. Clothing (or lack of it) usually doesn’t matter, unless you happen to be doing it in place that could get you charged for exposure.

Edit: Spirits don’t seem to care for the most part, so I don’t see it neing disrespectful. Most clothing requirements within various systems are more for the individual’s benefit than the entity’s.

9 Likes

What kind of benefit could lack of clothing even have? Never understood that.

3 Likes

I just feel better when I’m shirtless

3 Likes

There are some rituals where it could be beneficial, such as ceremonial death and rebirth, as far as being symbolic in order to get a sense of involvement in the process (as people are born without clothes and some cultures only dress a corpse in a shroud). But it really comes down to personal choice. Some people are just comfortable without clothing, just as much as others cannot feel the same without it.

2 Likes

I generally do my rituals the way EA recommends in his book Works of Darkness, shirtless, with no socks, and I haven’t had any issues doing things the LBRP.

3 Likes

Do it naked, spirits love the flesh… besides don’t worry about age in the spirit realm they can see what they wanna see and lots prefer seeing people in age 20 - 30 like ideal age and not cronological age

2 Likes

Lol what?

5 Likes

What’s wrong with you fuckers? I only ever perform a LBRP with a shirt and self-tied necktie, sometimes bowtie. That’s in summer. In colder months I wear spats and tails, maybe a little Aramis aftershave. I once tried whilst wearing an ascot, but it didn’t feel right.

Al.

18 Likes

I heard spirit loves to see the body

Adam and eve were naked
And god asked
who told you that you are naked
LoL

2 Likes

Really? Huh.

2 Likes

It’s under the idea that “spirits love the flesh” which personally I find silly given the similarities of them being on their plane and having flesh (in most cases) to them being here and being in energetic form. However, to expose yourself is both literal and figurative, you lay yourself bare to the spirits it’s an act of dedication in some circles.

3 Likes

Adam and Eve were naked because while in paradise they did not possess the awareness to be self-conscious about their nakedness. However, once they ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and were expelled from the Garden of Eden, they became so, and sought to cover themselves.

I am assuming that is what oceanofhappiness was referring to.

4 Likes

Well doing a ritual naked is a lot more powerful than with clothes on and that can be noticed even by new magicians with little expirience. Anyways of course a Robe is ok too but under it the practitioner should be naked.

1 Like

Humans are the only animals who are ashamed of their own anatomy.
Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

2 Likes

…random question in my opinion.
You can do the ritual skyclad if you want preference is up to you.

1 Like

Thats what hebrew bible tanakh said

When both of them heard gods voice they were hiding as they knew that they are naked
I really like this part
And then god cursed them (this is how merciful god is)
Men to work hard and female to get pain when there is birth of child

Doesn’t matter if you’re clothed or not “powerful” is based on how much effort you put into it.

I do mine in the shower :woman_shrugging: also answers your question about whether you can perform the LBRP with almost no space – yes, you certainly can :laughing:

4 Likes